Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 177464 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, oh, this is that thing! I vaguely remember it, but I'm excited to get one. Also, nobody has used the matches in a year either. I want to see those.))
((Yeah, unfortunately the people with matches either stopped playing or I guess haven't really run into anything that's intimidated them enough to make them use any. Or they secretly suspect that they're just regular matches :P))

((Is there a way to tell if I have any enhanced physical capabilities right off the bat? Could I try to jump on the roof?))
((Aside from being energetic? Not really, you aren't any stronger or faster than before, though for some reason your heavy cleaver feels awfully light regardless.))

TZINACAN, what...is this? Should I be concerned?
Code: (TZINACAN) [Select]
Yes, very much so. For if this is what the System League has access to, then you shall likely have to fight such beings in the future,
and the rest all have their own little projects to match I would think. Consider it a warning, that you must seek power where you can,
lest you be rendered obsolete.

But for the really short-term? Well, you're still alive, so there's that.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

blazing glory

Action edited.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Keep shooting the spearman, keeping just enough distance I won't end up shooting myself into knee.

Message to all soldiers in area still alive:
(assuming the core is in the building where they met this one.) "I'll keep this fucker as my dance partner! Go have party with his momma! She's where you think she is!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

((A tentacle broom and a vacuum cleaner, I have to say Elderitch warping has a strange perspective on firearms, wonder what the vacuum does.))

((Is there a way to tell if I have any enhanced physical capabilities right off the bat? Could I try to jump on the roof?))

TZINACAN, what...is this? Should I be concerned?

Although I have to say, so far I quite like it!

Spend 3 UTAR firing on the final soldier, try to send a spell of f1 sabb towards the two on the roof with 2 UTAR, although hopefully it won't need it, spend my MDEF sprinting to the warehouse's door, take a swing at the boar with my cleaver on the way there with all my LTAR.

Killy! I'm getting my ass indoors! I'd advise you do the same!

*jaw drop*

"What.... what the [REDACTED]?!"

Run behind my newly pimped compatriot, shouting to Ropey and my NPC friend to follow, but only if they see an opening, otherwise cover us and fall back.

If I see an opening to get some shots off cast "44 ixc" while facing an enemy. Full comp and full aiming rolls for either one guy, or up to two if they look like they're both going to get the drop on us. Use full MDEF to try and stay behind my friend or to simply dive out of the way/behind something. Only use my sword if an enemy gets close enough to us or we get close enough to one that I can use it without excessively risking being shot.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have finally met you, friend! Let us engage in jolly cooperation!"

Let Beirus lead. Anything hostile gets to be introduced to Caladlebolg (and '12 ixc', if overkill seems necessary). If applicable, use the APC to move around. If nothing dangerous is encountered - use '12 84' to replace my armor.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You can call me Beirus. And thanks again for saving my ass back there. I was expecting increased resistance near the core, but this is ridiculous. The electronics on my armor are fried too, so trying to sprint past them all probably won't work out too well. What about that APC you arrived in? If that's still operable, we might be able to drive it right into the building. Going backwards, you could probably shoot some of that corrosive stuff out the back to weaken the wall and winds before we impact so we can plow through. Otherwise, we'd probably die before we got inside. Might be best to fall back and come back with more forces, but Jus wants whatever is in that skyscraper. What do you think, Ladlemonger?"

Is the APC still operable? If so, let's try that. Otherwise see if Jus or the Ladlemonger have a better plan.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The APC should still be in perfect condition and your plan sounds reasonable to me. Let us do that. And if it fails, well... death is not a concept we have to concern ourselves with."

Let's execute Beirus' plan.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

"The APC should still be in perfect condition and your plan sounds reasonable to me. Let us do that. And if it fails, well... death is not a concept we have to concern ourselves with."

Let's execute Beirus' plan.
"You can call me Beirus. And thanks again for saving my ass back there. I was expecting increased resistance near the core, but this is ridiculous. The electronics on my armor are fried too, so trying to sprint past them all probably won't work out too well. What about that APC you arrived in? If that's still operable, we might be able to drive it right into the building. Going backwards, you could probably shoot some of that corrosive stuff out the back to weaken the wall and winds before we impact so we can plow through. Otherwise, we'd probably die before we got inside. Might be best to fall back and come back with more forces, but Jus wants whatever is in that skyscraper. What do you think, Ladlemonger?"

Is the APC still operable? If so, let's try that. Otherwise see if Jus or the Ladlemonger have a better plan.

Do you want to make more detailed BOLDED actions?

I mean if you want what those actions get I already wrote it up.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The plan is as follows:
Go to the APC, preferably sneakily.
Remove my suit and set it aside if it's still going to be dead weight once the last of the armor gives out.
Drive the APC backwards at full speed towards the building, with Ladlemonger by the back door, to hopefully have enought momentum to keep going if something fries our systems. Try not to be touching anything conductive.
Have the Ladlemonger use Caladlebolg to blast the winds around the building and the wall of the building to weaken it before we impact.
Yell "Yippee Kie Yay, motherfuckers" slightly before impact.
Impact, hopefully pushing at least a good portion of the APC inside the building and plugging the hole.
Haul ass out the back and head upwards the fastest we can go. Or downwards or wherever Jus says the anomaly-causing thingy is, watching for more of those mines, spiders, spotters, and other threats. Kill any spotters we see inside on our way. Maybe have Ladlemonger use his Equipment Check on the building to get a more precise location, because I remember either you or Empi saying it could do that back when I asked about the Cancerous Power Core.

((Hopefully that's coherent, my autocorrect is trying to mess with me on this post.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The plan is as follows:
Go to the APC, preferably sneakily.
Remove my suit and set it aside if it's still going to be dead weight once the last of the armor gives out.
Drive the APC backwards at full speed towards the building, with Ladlemonger by the back door, to hopefully have enought momentum to keep going if something fries our systems. Try not to be touching anything conductive.
Have the Ladlemonger use Caladlebolg to blast the winds around the building and the wall of the building to weaken it before we impact.
Yell "Yippee Kie Yay, motherfuckers" slightly before impact.
Impact, hopefully pushing at least a good portion of the APC inside the building and plugging the hole.
Haul ass out the back and head upwards the fastest we can go. Or downwards or wherever Jus says the anomaly-causing thingy is, watching for more of those mines, spiders, spotters, and other threats. Kill any spotters we see inside on our way. Maybe have Ladlemonger use his Equipment Check on the building to get a more precise location, because I remember either you or Empi saying it could do that back when I asked about the Cancerous Power Core.

((Hopefully that's coherent, my autocorrect is trying to mess with me on this post.))

Something that probably wasn't clear is that there is a good 150 m between the winds and the building, although that doesn't really invalidate the plan except for expecting to hit the wall with calaladlebolg blasts
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What if he keeps blasting until right before we impact?))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What if he keeps blasting until right before we impact?))

Yeah, if you make it 150m across contested ground then sure it would help, there is still a chance of being turned into modern art that leaks red liquid.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What if I lent him the plasma sword for the initial blast? Would it make it less contested ground?))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What if I lent him the plasma sword for the initial blast? Would it make it less contested ground?))

((The enemy contestants are airborne so no...))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm trying to decide if the risk of losing my steak is worth the possible epicness if this goes well. I'm worried that it wouldn't have gone well since you asked for clarification and said you already had it written.))
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69