Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 176405 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Rise of the Ladlemonger: Revengeance
« Reply #600 on: April 21, 2016, 06:27:05 am »

The Ladlemonger replies to the soldiers' question in a grandiose manner, complete with unnecessary and exaggerated, theatrical even, gestures.

"I am the Ladlemonger, Lord of my own Undeath, Bearer of the Legendary Caladlebolg, Bringer of Decay, Champion of Eldritch AF Wrestling and Bane of Storefront Security Products. I have heard a call, and I have arrived. Who among you is the most skilled? So skilled that his feats border on the supernatural? And where can I find this fellow?"

Converse.

"Excuse me for a moment. Do not be alarmed if something explodes. Please accept my apologies if I suddenly drop dead and come back sometime soon."

Turn away from the soldiers and '12 09'.
Two of the soldiers, each wielding 09AIARs approach apprehensively
"You mean captain O'Gree-"
An elbow to the ribs, he flinches more from the impact than any actual pain, judging by their armor. Their partner raises a hand in front of them, a period of silence ensuing. Even if you can't hear the clicks, it's obvious they're using their radios. Eventually the other soldier responds, their quieter and paced with the sort of unsteady pace that only could have come from a response decided by three people with minimal planning
"Captain O'Greenahan is inside the anomaly."
She gestures down the road

The third soldier answers spins around and converses hurriedly with the driver. He exits the van. The first soldier explains hurriedly, his voice gaining newfound urgency
"Key's in the ignition, drive down that road, as fast as you can. He might not be alive for long."

[COMP: 7] Fizzle.

To Red, probably long before encountering inquisitor. "Well dear, you are nothing new at this point. No offense, but I am already accustomed at your incorporeal presence, but please, keep suprising me. wink This trip however, it was entirely new experience. Not gonna be so impressed next time."

Talking to the bastard child of Silver Surfer: "Drafted? I already got a job, but I guess you got higher authority than my employer. Yes, I do like it. Much better shape than when I saw it last time. Thanks for doing my job for me! And if you have drafted me in service then I guess you have a task for me. Can it wait a bit? I got a coke powered bastard to deal with which needs more firepower and bunch of soldiers to save. I don't exactly want to leave them hanging after telling I'm gonna get bigger guns for the job."
"That is acceptable. You will be contacted when required for your duties. Make it quick."
With that, he leaves the room, his stride confident.

From the very first glance, you can tell that the LATRANS has been modified, you've fixed enough of them to know nonstandard parts when you see them. The sensors are definitely different, the head's shape has even been altered to better accompany some of them, adopting a more angular appearance thanks to additional plating to protect the numerous cameras within.

The usual chaingun is absent, replaced with a machinegun of a distressingly low caliber that seems to have an awful lot of recoil dampening and one of the camera-scopes more prevalent among sniper rifles than automatic weapons. It honestly doesn't look like something that's intended for use against enemy frames. The smoke launcher's also gone, just flat out missing with no replacements at all.

Entering the cockpit you certainly get a surprise - firstly, those fancy new sensors? Their visual feeds are distorted, giving you a good general idea of what everything is, but still a far decline from the usual visual quality. Desaturated and rather lacking in detail, it really seems like they've put quite the effort in giving you such a specific poor kind of view rather than just smashing the screens and calling it a day. The other surprise? According to the interface, there's an Alcubierre Drive installed, ready for use.

Give the saber a swing, is this shifting quality going to cause issues?

"We should probably get a move on soon."

f1, all COMP.
As with your compatriot's weapon, it swings perfectly well. The blade is light, its edge razor sharp, with the center of balance close to the hilt giving you plenty of control over it. You tap it against a nearby pole, instinctively testing how well you can feel through it, the whirring does cause a bit of issue there, but the blade is light and flexible enough that it doesn't matter too much. The phantasmal targeting image you will into existence seem to agree, with plenty of options open to you even during a swing.

[COMP: 5/5] You feel watched and see the shadows shift and twist. Out of the corner of your eye you see men in gray coats their faces indistinct. Horrific dread slices through your soul like the claws of death itself.

"I agree"

"18" COMP:7
"23" COMP:7

[COMP: 1/1] The outline of a starfish.

[COMP: -2] You fail. You fail so hard Corsair literally didn't know what to do.

The arm holding your rifle deforms, flesh and sinew twisting into fractal patterns not unlike those of a tree branch, they converge and recombine forming a fleshy abomination that is approximately a bat, given a generous enough leeway. One that, despite evidently lacking any internal organs, pulsates with its own heartbeat. It begins to fly off, surprisingly unfettered by the weight of your firearm which it clutches with what was once your hand.

Well, at least you have a closed-off stump, rather than a bleeding one. So, that's something at least.

Better to go with the ambush.  And I know just how to foul up that mechanism.

1f 02 ulez!  I'm sure this won't go badly.
((That's fine, we're just glad that we still have players and that the game is still alive :P))

[COMP: 6/5] [LTAR: AUTOSUCCESS] Briefly, your enhanced vision flares, confirming that there is no escape. Then, you focus. The words burn white-hot, consuming the rest of the grimoire, consuming the rest of your thoughts, consuming who you are, if only for the briefest of instants. A single silvery chain link appears, floating just in front of your chest for a split second. Then, it rushes forth.

Several more appear, scattered around it. Then, they begin to grow. New links appear, their toroidal forms interlocked with those of their predecessors. A roiling blast. A wall of metal. It roars forth.

At close-range, not even you could dodge it. With those speed enhancements, maybe, but not normally. Not even if you knew it was coming. Your unfortunate foe didn't even have that benefit. Before it can even react, it is already upon them, the chains slamming into them. The wheel grinds to a halt, chains jamming its gears. Bones dislocate, the skeleton falling apart from the impact. The smog billows forth, an ominous wind, a dying wind, slowly fading with its source halted and entangled, a severed arm from its wielder still grasping it.

The other bones shudder before rolling together into a pile, your target slowly reassembling its half broken form. It seems that you've done no lasting damage, having blown it apart but failing to do any appreciable damage to the bones themselves. That being said, it still hasn't fully recovered, and it's down both an arm and its only weapon. Easy pickings.

Beirus opens a channel to HQ. "I think I found what killed that AF you sent earlier. It's like one of those lightning birds we fought earlier, but on steroids. The damn thing is as big as a Lupus. The storm might let up if I kill it, though. That bird'll probably kill me first." Beirus states over the channel, a resigned tone to his voice as he looked at the giant bird. After closing that channel, he opens one to his squad. "This might be it for me. I don't think I'll get out of here. I guess now I'll get to test out that resurrection thing I mentioned earlier. Whether it works or not, it's been an honor serving with you all." Beirus then closed the channel and looked up towards the skyline. He had to be close to the source of this thing, and that bird wasn't going to deter him. He would stop this storm or die trying. And then maybe die a few more times after that.

Cut through buildings, try to keep some sort of cover between me and the bird while running towards the center of the anomaly. If I have to fight the bird, shoot it with my Bound Weapon on full auto. Shoot any more spotters that show up with the ALCYONE. If the bird manages to get close to me, blast it with a plasma gout or cut it with the sword.
"I'm getting reports of an 'armored weirdo' near your squad. He apparently just appeared out of thin air and is wearing some kind of strange armor. Might be Dead Hand. He calls himself the Ladlemonger, and by the sounds of it, he's saying he wants to assist you."

You start running straight further into the building to put distance between you and the giant icy murder bird. The brief break from the constant roar of the storm is jarring, the silence sudden and striking.

[MDEF: AUTOFAILURE] There are a few important details to know about your enhancements. Firstly, you can't dodge what you can't anticipate. Secondly, you can't dodge everything. You just learned both, very painfully. As you run past the elevator, the world burns a blinding white and a thundering crash hurls you against a wall. An explosion of lightning had surged from the door.

Your heart is still beating, pounding faster than ever actually, and for the most part you seem unscathed, your exoskeleton taking the brunt of attack. Which is to say that all its electronics, including the actuators have burnt out. The roar of thunder continues, as does the glare of the lightning. Were it not for your vision and hearing protection, you'd have neither right now. Arcing forth from the elevator and its call panel is, lightning doesn't quite describe it. Lightning strikes and it's done. This is different. This persists. It is a bolt in the form of a spider, its arcing limbs, in the shape lichtenberg figures flail violently, trying to reach you, to finish what it started. But it cannot, apparently unable to straying too far from its conductive nest.

You scramble away. Your exoskeleton is weighing you down. Its plating can still take more impacts for you, but with the actuators burnt out, it's also dead weight. It's slowing you down.

The storm roc rakes its claws across the front of the building, the edifice literally exploding from their destructive discharges, slowly tearing its way in.

Novjoy's voice comes filtering through
"Not yet. There's another guy here, claims to be the same kind of person as you. We're sending him over now. If he's lying he'll still be a good diversion I'd think."

James is surprisingly silent as he makes use of his axe to smash in the head of the wolf to his left. If he's attacked, he tries to dodge.
[LTAR vs. SDEF: 5 vs. 2] You spin around and swing your axe, aiming it along the quickest path to it's head - through its body. The axe-head slams into its backside, half-smashing, half-cleaving its way through its body before breaking the head, scattering its broken shards in a spray of, whatever that viscous liquid is. Certainly isn't blood, it smells, sweet, sweeter than anything you've ever smelt, yet not sickeningly so. Strong, but not overpoweringly so. Apparently, you're fighting homicidal pinatas.

[MDEF vs. LTAR: 0 vs. 3] Ow. Well, that's going to hurt in morning. Halfway through your swing, the other wolf lunged for you and unfortunately, you weren't able to leap away in time. It bites into your side, its jaws fracturing from the impact, leaving its teeth still lodged in the ragged wounds they left behind.

You're bleeding right now, but not too much thanks to the teeth plugging up their own wounds. There is one wolf left here, and the rest of the factory looms in front of you.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Rise of the Ladlemonger: Revengeance
« Reply #601 on: April 21, 2016, 06:28:36 am »

<
Turn 32
|
Turn 33
|
Turn 34
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:13:58 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

blazing glory

Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - LIGHTNING SPIDERS
« Reply #602 on: April 21, 2016, 07:57:02 am »

((Are these men actually here currently holding a physical presence in the world or should I not waste an action?))

((Also, I am going to be in so much trouble for crit-failing that, unless...hm, has theories.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:04:36 am by blazing glory »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:22 am »

((Are these men actually here currently holding a physical presence in the world or should I not waste an action?))

((Also, I am going to be in so much trouble for crit-failing that, unless...hm, has theories.))
No you are just hallucinating.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:26 am »

((You don't see them again after that glimpse and neither of your allies see them at all, so they seem to be gone.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 21, 2016, 08:16:08 am »

James trembles for a moment. Then he stares at the wolf very, very, intently...
Oi mate, what's wrong with you?
Enough of this.
"DIE..."

James drives his(non-bound) fire axe through the last wolf's head. If attacked, he attempts to dodge.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blazing glory

« Reply #606 on: April 21, 2016, 08:19:16 am »

(('Aight, that also puts into clarity what it actually does.))

Ryles's face grows a few shades paler as he whirls his head around looking for phantoms, before settling on the Fleshbat.

"Oh....shit, we should go now."

Ryles firmly grabs Killy's other arm.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:27 am »

Before the Ladlemonger enters the APC, he turns back to the soldiers and bows slightly.

"May the Ladle light up guide your path with its gross incandescence."

Get in the APC. Pedal to the metal. Find my soon-to-be-companion, so that we may engage in jolly cooperation. If I find him and he is getting attacked, call upon the power of Caladlebolg and destroy his enemies. If using spells at the same time as attacking physically is a thing, throw some '12 ixc' into the mix.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 21, 2016, 10:28:56 am »

"What's this? From first glance it looks upgraded, but in reality it is downgrade? Damn... I drew short stick again. Unless there's something else. Hmm..."

Systems check, RTFM. What's new software-wise? Anything about the gun?

Is the Alcubierre Drive useable within city scale? How precise it is? Preparations needed? Danger radius for humans not intented for transport? Cooldown?

Check with Red if that undanger teleport works with LATRANS. If it does, then use it to get right back to the coke monster plaza at any spot that doesn't instantly provoke hostile attention or damage infrastructure. Otherwise use the Alcubierre Drive from location where it doesn't ruin everything, of course assuming it can be used precisely enough. If not... well, I have to take the long route.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 24, 2016, 11:18:57 am »

(('Aight, that also puts into clarity what it actually does.))

Ryles's face grows a few shades paler as he whirls his head around looking for phantoms, before settling on the Fleshbat.

"Oh....shit, we should go now."

Ryles firmly grabs Killy's other arm.
Killy just stares at his new stump blankly for a moment.
"Crap"
*arm grabbing occurs*

"Wait what? Oh right, I think we should head around to the back building if at all possible, what do you think?"
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 24, 2016, 01:13:16 pm »

Stay out of the spider's reach. Shoot it with my ALCYONE and bound weapon. Keep an eye on that roc. If it manages to get far enough into the building that I have a clear shot that won't miss, blast it with a Plasma Gout. Otherwise, try to continue further into the building. Watch out for any more lightning spiders or threats like that.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

blazing glory

« Reply #611 on: April 24, 2016, 08:01:58 pm »

"Better then standing out here until something kills us, lets go."

See if we can go around the back.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 25, 2016, 11:53:11 pm »

Ditto
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 02, 2016, 03:08:09 am »

James trembles for a moment. Then he stares at the wolf very, very, intently...
Oi mate, what's wrong with you?
Enough of this.
"DIE..."

James drives his(non-bound) fire axe through the last wolf's head. If attacked, he attempts to dodge.
[LTAR vs. MDEF: -1 vs. 0] Axe Attack.
You swing at the wolf but a jolt of pain sends you staggering forwards, your axe cleaving into its body but failing to deal a mortal blow, which, considering that it rapidly regenerates, is far from ideal.

[MDEF vs. LTAR: 4 vs. 4] Enemy Attack.
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 3 vs. 0] Axe Attack.
Seeing its chance it lunges at you again, a little pain might have stopped you the first time, but it's not going to stop you again. First, you leap back, kicking off the ground with supernatural agility, keeping you out of its reach. You quickly lean forwards as soon as you land, driving your legs against the floor in dash forwards as the wolf tries to follow up with a second lunge, its motion serving only to drive its head into your readied axe.

Your short charge sends you straight through the wolf, its bisected body blowing apart from a seemingly far greater impact, fragments clattering to the ground.

Sote flickers into view, an illusionary hand to your side, examining your wound, regarding it with a concerned expression that while not disingenuous, is evidently artificial, an acknowledgement more than any sort of real worry.
Code: (SOTERIOLOGIST) [Select]
Feeling alright? There should be first aid kits in the factory,
my scans can guide you to the nearest one if that is your wish.

Before the Ladlemonger enters the APC, he turns back to the soldiers and bows slightly.

"May the Ladle light up guide your path with its gross incandescence."

Get in the APC. Pedal to the metal. Find my soon-to-be-companion, so that we may engage in jolly cooperation. If I find him and he is getting attacked, call upon the power of Caladlebolg and destroy his enemies. If using spells at the same time as attacking physically is a thing, throw some '12 ixc' into the mix.
The engine roars. You floor the accelerator, and flick the windshield wipers to as high as they can go. A small blessing that all cars have them, even in an underground colony, if not because no-one could be bothered designing models without them, then because car washes window cleaner still give them some token use. Indeed, these are as good as those you'd find on other planets where storms are actually a concern for drivers, that is to say, they are of negligible use. For whatever arcane specifications they designed were for sadly did not list "murderous underground storm" amongst the conditions they were meant to handle. A futile smear of motion on a blur of rain.

The wind roars. Two blocks in and you see the black clouds, roiling and shrinking, like ink in water played in reverse. Flashes of lightning piercing the congealing darkness. Soon you are three blocks in

The thunder roars. You see the building above which the clouds gather, and something that is tearing apart its edifice, you can't see too clearly. Clearly this is your stop. You brake and swerve, sending your van careening into a drift as you swing open the door. An icy roc, like the one on that brochure rakes its claws against a building, explosions blasting apart a widening hole in the reception. You swing your legs out, striking your right heel against the van's side as if performing an axe kick, and then you run. Your run along the side of your van, mid-drift, Caladlebolg manifesting in your hand as you leap off.

[COMP: 9/8] Spell.
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 5 vs. 3] Bound Weapon Attack. Spell Attack.
[MDEF vs. LTAR: 4 vs. 7] Enemy Attack.
[TRAN: 6/9] Enemy Resist.
As you swing, so too does the roc. It's smaller than the one in the brochure, yet up close now, it's still far too large. Sickle like talons swing towards you, wreathed in, and trailing arcs of octarine energy. Your left foot hits the ground, you relax the joints, letting your leg flex with the motion. Your right foot touches the ground, you kick off into a sideways leap, swinging Caladlebolg.

Your armor bubbles like tar, a machine-gun spray of oily globs bursting forth. So you see the corrosion roil forth from your greatladle. You see the rotted flesh that bubbles from your spell bolts. You see the familiar green sparks. And then, you see octarine. A great octarine arc, and the claws that they arc upon.

Pain. Burning pain. Cutting pain. Worse, far worse than anything you've felt. The chaingun had the courtesy to finish you off. This did not. You manage to lessen the impact a bit, and at the very least reduced a killing blow to a likely mortal wound. Perhaps you wish you hadn't.

You skid along the road, blood mixing with rain. The choking smell of ozone mixes with the sickly sweet scent of your own burnt flesh.

If you were to stop time once more, if you were to look at yourself, you would see a broken body. Fractured and cloven bones, charred and missing skin, and lichtenberg figures carved around the flesh that exploded apart. You don't need to however, for you can already know that death approaches.

At least you brought them time.

At least, this grave shall be for two. The corrosion had found its mark, blighting the ice and decaying the bone. The bolts too had hit, and as you skidded along the ground, you could see that a great green spark in the shape of a hand reaching out of the roc, bending backwards into itself and discharging with a flash.

[MDEF vs. LTAR: 3 vs. 1] Enemy Attack.
Its corpse falls, crashing down upon you, its final flap seeking as to secure its vengeance. You may not be alive for much longer, but there is still time, however little. It shall not deny you that.

Adrenaline pumping, pain fading, you throw yourself forwards, passing under as it crashes behind you. Good riddance.

You try to crawl, try to fight the worsening pain, to focus your fading consciousness, but you can't. In your attempts to crawl, you bolt upright into a jog. As you try to fight the pain, you find that there is no pain. You don't feel tired. You feel alert, focused, ready.

You feel the rain on your skin, your missing skin. You look down.

You've healed. You healed as soon as the roc perished, and only now did you notice. Perhaps "heal" is not the best term. Were you to go to your GP, they would not say that you were healed, actually they'd just run away screaming. For though you are not dead, you aren't quite alive either. Around your wounds the flesh rotted, leaking a petroleum-like fluid that now pools in your wounds and replaces the missing skin. In the tiny hole left in your chest, just in the gap between mended ribs, you can see your heart, black and shriveled now, yet beating steadily.

"What's this? From first glance it looks upgraded, but in reality it is downgrade? Damn... I drew short stick again. Unless there's something else. Hmm..."

Systems check, RTFM. What's new software-wise? Anything about the gun?

Is the Alcubierre Drive useable within city scale? How precise it is? Preparations needed? Danger radius for humans not intented for transport? Cooldown?

Check with Red if that undanger teleport works with LATRANS. If it does, then use it to get right back to the coke monster plaza at any spot that doesn't instantly provoke hostile attention or damage infrastructure. Otherwise use the Alcubierre Drive from location where it doesn't ruin everything, of course assuming it can be used precisely enough. If not... well, I have to take the long route.

The systems are secure although several software and hardware notifications about new additions and non-standard gear. The weapon appears to be a almost turret like weapon mounted on the forearm that can pivot in multiple directions it also has it's own cameras and sensors allowing for it to pick out small targets easier.

You read the on-system manual on Alcubierre jumping which brings your attention to a warning that the particle sweep has been disabled, which while possibly sounding perfectly reasonable to a buffoon who doesn't work on frames, is the sort of message that sends alarm bells ringing in your head. Not only should that not be disabled, disabling it shouldn't even be an option, there should be numerous mechanical interlocks specifically built into the drive to stop that from ever occurring, because otherwise whatever is in front of the frame at the end of a jump is not going to be there anymore, blasted apart with a spray of high-energy particles.

Looking at the software you see further modifications with the capacitor's capacity having been halved and the navigation software is three version numbers ahead of the latest that you have previously seen. The software system is described as granting "rapid short range movement through dense terrain by chained warp envelope manipulations with additional assault field". You also manage to find the drive specs.

Spoiler: Drive Specs (click to show/hide)

Checking the UI, you see that you are able to plan a series of jumps in rapid-succession to reach locations you lack a direct line of sight to. Unfortunately, that also entails a murderous blast of radiation being released by every single jump, proportional to jump distance. Seems that so long as you have enough charge, you can use it without any delay between jumps.

Seeing as the jumps involve colossal quantities of collateral damage, you just fly out out the hanger, using the frame's thrusters. Well, it's certainly refreshing being able to use what you once repaired, even with the realization that you will likely have to repair whatever damage it sustains.

Returning to coke demon plaza, you find that you can't see a damn thing. It's like rave in there, except with flashbangs instead of strobelights. You might honestly be better off with the distorted sensory feeds seeing as it's at least. There's just this mass of light and sound charging forth, a LUPUS frame spraying it with chaingun fire in an attempt to keep it at bay.

The spearman is probably somewhere in there, seeing as there are a few corpses on the ground, though for all you know they might have just died from massive epileptic fits or something. The rest of the soldiers are behind the frame, making a fighting retreat as they fire grenades in, the vague direction of the demon's post code.

Stay out of the spider's reach. Shoot it with my ALCYONE and bound weapon. Keep an eye on that roc. If it manages to get far enough into the building that I have a clear shot that won't miss, blast it with a Plasma Gout. Otherwise, try to continue further into the building. Watch out for any more lightning spiders or threats like that.
You discharge two ALCYONE rounds and all four barrels of your bound weapon into the spider, the bullets ineffectually passing through it and putting several holes in the elevator. Well, that's going to be an issue.

Making a turn and running further into the building, parallel to the street, the roc leaves your line of sight, as does the spider. There are no spotters nor any suspiciously sparking electronics in your path, however you do skirt past a symbol on the ground, one that you give wide berth. Up ahead, inscribed upon a wall is another one.

The roc's cacophany has ceased. Now, you hear only the storm and your own footsteps once more.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Ditto
You slowly make your way around towards the rear side of the building until you run out of carpark, and stop at a slightly oblique angle. The building behind is a large warehouse with a connection to the main building through a covered walkway. Several guards with shotguns and rifles are patrolling the grounds, from here, you can see four with rifles and three with shotguns.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 02, 2016, 03:08:55 am »

<
Turn 33
|
Turn 34
|
Turn 35
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:17:58 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 69