Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 176457 times)

blazing glory

Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - RNG Murderspree 2: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #540 on: March 09, 2016, 07:50:56 am »

-snip-
((What do you mean exactly by "and not just an in universe trade"? Your list of meta-recorded spells vs the ones you've actually done?))

"No offence to your own suggestion, but I get the feeling that if I push my luck and make the question too broad, then the answer will just be worse then what I would've got by keeping the question focused on the main part."

"Besides, it doesn't take all that long before I can ask my operator another question."

((Action quoted for ease of GMing))

"TZINACAN, tell me the secrets of this big-ass tower."
((Oh, I just meant RPing our characters swapping words, my list is significantly meta, or else I'd just have futuristic magnet deathbears :)) ))

"Yea no offense taken, that's probably the best course of action."

Say "29", preferably behind something (like a wall, or big car/van, whatever) so even if I spawn an accidental flash-bang and the sniper/spotter team was paying attention they would hopefully not notice. Hopefully. How far away are we?

Also ask my handler for any useful info he may have on this scenario, and if he has any useful tibbits or tricks we could make use of either on this place or the people guarding it (if he has any info he can give us at all that is).

Spoiler: WORDS FOR Y'ALL (click to show/hide)
((Eh, I'll do it the propah way, I now has no excuses.))

"Anyway, this is what I've found so far."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 14, 2016, 04:50:19 am »

((Right, the turn is basically finished, we just need to "Reddify" RED_QUEEN's text, and add some more facts to the output of Secrets Laid Bare. Unfortunately, Corsair is now sick and unable to think straight. If you wish, I could post the draft right now without those changes. Otherwise the turn will be delayed.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 14, 2016, 05:48:56 am »

((Right, the turn is basically finished, we just need to "Reddify" RED_QUEEN's text, and add some more facts to the output of Secrets Laid Bare. Unfortunately, Corsair is now sick and unable to think straight. If you wish, I could post the draft right now without those changes. Otherwise the turn will be delayed.))

It's an "Either / Or" from me. I hope Corsair feels better soon!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 14, 2016, 05:50:45 am »

((We'll see how dead he is after tomorrow's 4 hour lab in a room with heavy air-conditioning >__<))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 14, 2016, 11:30:51 am »

I can wait for quality.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blazing glory

« Reply #546 on: March 14, 2016, 04:52:36 pm »

Yea, lets wait.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2016, 06:12:25 am »

"Sure. Weaker than expected. I agree."

"But... it didn't really stay damaged."
So they're liquid? Maybe the weight gun might work better than expected...

James realizes what a weight gun might do to a semi-liquid creature. Hence, he uses it on the closest wolf.
[LTAR vs. MDEF: 2 vs. 0] The closest wolf as it turns out, is the one lunging at you, about to try and tear your throat out. As time grinds to a halt, you mentally position your weapon's region of influence in the path of your assailant, being careful to lead them to account for the time it takes to target your weapon. Honestly, it's a trivial matter, there is no way for it to really dodge now it's midlunge, and you can literally just read the target distance off the air, so there's no need to estimate it either. Time resumes. Your finger reflexively presses one of the front buttons as you aim it as if you've operated it hundreds of times before. You don't even need to release it. You pull the trigger, the weapon firing the very instant the distance is adjusted to the one you decided, before the digital display even finishes updating. The wolf plummets, slamming against the ground with enough form to shatter it and crush its fragments into pancaked discs, smeared with that strange viscous fluid.

It does not regenerate.

One down, three more to go. The next two are advancing towards you, evidently unfettered by your brutal murder of their comrade. The last one is still a ways off right now.

"... Not as planned."

Launch a skelly. Go for the core with more ranged.
You launch another skeleflare and begin to launch more corrosive waves towards your foe.

[UTAR vs. MDEF: 8 vs. 8] Evidently not too keen on trying to intercept your attacks after it wasted two shots and nearly got whacked by a ladle last time, it accelerates, thrusters flaring with white light, propelling it in an unpredictable, curving trajectory. Try as you might, you find yourself unable to hit it, though each time you only barely miss.

Code: (JUS_AD_BELLUM) [Select]
Its generator is still standard. Legs are efficient, and won't overheat, but if keep forcing it to dodge like that,
and it won't have enough power to do much with its gateway weapon.

With a burst of radiance, the thrusts on its left leg erupts sending it careening towards you in a flying axe kick.

Keep in mind that its reactive armor's magical, your ladle will still set it off.
So just beware of that if you aim for the core at close range.

"Yeah I've been having some issues straightening out how this works, though I admit I haven't seen the need for various gadgets that kill people until now."

"So wait, the guys up there aren't with you? Well, I think we'd probably get shot to bits then, so we should probably avoid that killzone."

"We should probably share what we know, magical-dictionary wise, though I don't doubt you know more then me."

"Give me a minute, I have an idea."

"TZINACAN, tell me the secrets of this big-ass tower."
Code: (TZINACAN) [Select]
Violation of building code 117 on floor 7, western corridor B.
Smoking area at the foot of external fire stairs 5.
Violation of military codes 127, 48-2, 72 and 87-3-6 in sub basement corridors F7, G7 and A8-H8.
Violation of building code 25 in roof subspace 6-53.
Violation of OH&S code 5 inside the building. Violation sources on the move. Location changing.
Melee. Unconventional stealth capabilities. Now violating OH&S codes, 8, 12 and 13.
Objective is located under the code 534912 in the western shaft.

Ao Shi

To soldiers:
"Does it count as a fancy trick if I tell I have died twice already today?" Ao grins, and then sighs. "Not that I enjoyed those experiences."
"Yeah, overwatch sounds good enough, can't really ask you to do more than that. By the way, how's the odds for my success now?"

Check out path to the supposed location of the core that enjoys maximum benefit of overwatch and doesn't require me running too much in open area.

To Red:
"Could you scan that building for me? I don't want to run blindly in when these folks are so afraid of it."
"...No comment."

[COMP: 7/1] Apparently the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything is just the shimmering image of a chisel.

This building's a pretty damn good position for firing right down the road, it becomes more of an issue when you have to make a left turn and continue down the other street, since the buildings block their line of sight. If they jump you before you take the turn, or you lure them back over onto this first street, they'll be sitting ducks. Sitting, murder ducks that apparently are good enough at not getting killed by bullets fired by a few squads of trained soldiers, but it might at the very least make it harder for them to just flat-out charge you.

The building fades into a faintly luminous outline. Glowing wireframe figures appear on the bottom floor, corresponding to the detected lifeforms. Red vanishes, taking her place is a writhing circulatory system, a storm of blood coursing through blood vessels that don't actually exist, propelled by a heartless pulse. It slowly rotates in place, giving you a full view of it.

"Well, I've found your spearman. Bad news is, and there's a lot of bad news, they aren't like those meatmen, they exist independently of any core. So even if you take that out, it'll still be alive and angry, like really angry. A sort of you-seeking hate missile. And yes, that's blood, and a lot of cocaine, but mostly just blood. I'll get to the cocaine later. That thing's fast and can heal real quickly, not very durable though. Well not durable in the sense that steel isn't as durable as titanium."

A weapon appears in its hand, it isn't really a spear, it's far closer to just being a really long shiv. Its just a long neon light that's had one of its ends broken off, not exactly the sort of weapon that strikes fear into your heart or anything.

"This is the spear, it's a symbiotic organism. It's sort of alive, it grows becoming more powerful when fed, would've really just started off as a small knife. But it's been fed very well, it's had enough cocaine to kill all of 80's Hollywood. 1980s I mean, when cocaine was taken from great piles rather than lines. And when I say cocaine, I mean magical cocaine, similar to the stuff you can summon with magic. You know, when you aren't killing yourself with it like an idiot~

Soo... anyway, the spearman can't produce it naturally, and it's also moving sorta drunken like, so I'm going out on a limb here and say that it probably-definitely has some sort of coke-armor that's just pumping it into its bloodstream. When the symbiote is given crack, it activates and releases hellfire, which you know is like regular fire but worse. Oh and did I mention it's a massive sadist? Because it definitely is! Lucky you! That's probably what's making everyone so scared. It's going to hurt if it hits you, like being flossed with barbed wire through every artery and vein. So don't do that~ Unless you're some sort of masochist or something~"

The spear changes, its tube now looking like pellucid gemstones seamlessly melded with one another resulting in an appearance reminiscent of stained glass. It depicts a multitude of vibrant spears, with their heads corresponding to the jagged edges at the front, and their shafts getting increasingly intertangled further down the weapons shaft.

"So, the core mostly just prettified the weapon itself. It's now more effective as a quarterstaff, but the horrible firey torture spear features thankfully haven't been enhanced... but neither have they been removed. If the thing holding it does have armor, then that armor's probably going to be tougher as well now, so you know the only weakness is it's greatest strength... yada yada. Still if you break whatever's supplying the coke, the spear should just stop working since no-one's feeding it, or it may get grumpy possibly maybe~ . On that note, you might want to hurry, it's pumping in quite a bit, so the spear's growing at a rapid rate, by the time frame support finally comes, it might have gained features to take them out, if it hasn't already. But~ if you do kill the spearman, it'll work for you just fine. You'll just need something to do with sex, drugs, or rock 'n' roll to douse it in to activate it, like grinding up frender guitars and..."

The spearman vanishes, replaced with a ghostly, indistinct long thin blob. Its form is upright, like the upscaled stalk of a slime mold, with multiple short stubby legs  dragging it along the ground. It looks like the night sky, with strange stars and galaxies visible within.

"These make up its posse. Believe me, in non-person, they're much brighter. And louder. And smellier. They're like living nightclubs or an LSD trip but solidified and given a will that wishes to give everyone seizures. Can't hurt you themselves, unless you're epileptic, and if you were, then we fixed that already... But they'll make it much harder to fight effectively, and those soldier buddies of yours won't have too good a chance of hitting if they're around. Might want to take them out first. 'Cause even if you crack" she giggles childishly for a bit "the spear's feeder unit, with enough of those around, the spear'll still be fed enough to work. 'Cos you know parties are very sex-drugs yadayada... Good luck!"
She finishes with childish glee, her form returning to normal.

Derek speeds towards the combat, pressing the asterisk. He tries to stay on the edge and figure out which side he is on.
The asterisk brings up a new screen with several buttons three of which are unchecked and a partially filled slider bar at the bottom. The writing is totally beyond you.

You reach the edge of the combat area near instantaneously. There are two distinct forces; one is a mixture of strange animalistic and other similarly inhuman AFs with black angular armor, or perhaps they are space-borne creatures, you can't quite tell. The other side are all copies of the same humanoid AFs clad in titanium-white plating. Well sometimes the universe is awfully convenient, isn't it?

Keep shooting the birds and dodging. Or hit them with the sword if they get too close to shoot. Dodge by staying mobile.
[UTAR vs. MDEF: 4 vs. 4] ((You have got to be kidding me.)) Again, the damn birds disperse, dodging all your rounds as they weaves their way towards you, claws crackling with electrical discharge. As they sail out of the lobby and into the torrential downpour, the rain begins to freeze against them. Their claws grow, their arcing contrails intensifying, their mist-like wingspan broadening, their icy tentacles lengthening as they swoop in for another round.

[MDEF vs. LTAR: 8 vs. 1] You hurl yourself out of their path, bringing the prototype weapon to bear as you swing and activate it as they sail past.

[LTAR vs. MDEF: 3 vs. 2] A bright blade of plasma rends through the air, vaporized droplets tracing its trajectory. It boils the ice and cremates the bone, the slash practically blowing the birds apart with its heat, strewing their broken remains across the pavement. No charge is used. It seems that only the plasma gout depletes the battery.

Like ink in water, black clouds precipitate. They roil forth, slithering one behind the other, like a single great serpent gliding through the ashen sky. It begins to coil above you, its elongating form spiraling inwards, its shadow already covering the block around you. The howling of wing, the roar of thunder, the rush of rain. They grow with each passing moment. The storm is worsening, closing in. Soon it shall be upon you, one way or another.

Might want your squad to run now.

Congratulations, sempai has noticed you.

"Yea no offense taken, that's probably the best course of action."

Say "29", preferably behind something (like a wall, or big car/van, whatever) so even if I spawn an accidental flash-bang and the sniper/spotter team was paying attention they would hopefully not notice. Hopefully. How far away are we?

Also ask my handler for any useful info he may have on this scenario, and if he has any useful tibbits or tricks we could make use of either on this place or the people guarding it (if he has any info he can give us at all that is).

You are about 100 meters from the front door with 8 rows of cars between you and the building.

[COMP: 8/2] Your spell creates several uneven lumps of lustrous silver metal.

Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Odds are against you for a direct assault, even with your stacked decks. They're expecting a frontal assault, but have covered their flanks and rear.
But, they control only their stronghold, not the surrounding area. You might be able to go through the buildings and sneak through the rear.
Her visage briefly flickers into sight, a lady covered in furs with a head obscured by a wooden hood of intertwined branches conversing with him.
Code: (DECOHERENT) [Select]
Right, Tzi here just told me that your new buddy has one of the Outsider's matchboxes. Could be useful. Could.
Or it might just blow your stealth completely. Or both. Feeling lucky?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:43:56 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2016, 06:12:56 am »

<
Turn 29
|
Turn 30
|
Turn 31
>

Spoiler: Shaporia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dbuhos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fallacy of Urist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aoshima Michio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_Art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blazing Glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:10:38 am by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Building Code Violations
« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2016, 06:23:51 am »

((Well, Corsair's feeling better now, so hopefully, we can go back to our ~weekly turn schedule.

Whoops, missed Ao's spell. Editing it in now.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:28:30 am by Empiricist »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2016, 06:34:02 am »

"I see your leg and I'll raise you a ladle."

Meet the LANDSKNECHT's leg with a swing of my ladle. Resume ranged attacks afterwards. Go for quantity instead of aiming anywhere in particular.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

blazing glory

« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:19 am »

"Well, my uh...operator, told me a bunch of things that would probably be more useful to someone who isn't me, all I really know is that there's probably something moving around inside there able probably able to tear out our throats and possibly our guts out while invisible in a weird way, as well as the fact that whatever we're looking for is located in the western "shaft", which may or may not be one of the smaller buildings attached, I dunno."

"Other then that I've got a batch of trivia that may or may not be helpful when we're actually inside."

Ryles watches Killy summon lumps of metal.

"I think I can use that particular word."

"Lets see..."

Try crafting magicks together, "29 84"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2016, 08:41:21 am »

"HAH! Take that you bloody hounds!"
Well that was quite effective.
Bonus points if you can do it to more than one at a time.

James Heign nods to himself, then makes use of the weight gun again, trying to get several of the wolves in its field this time.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 18, 2016, 02:14:30 pm »

"Oh boy... I'm suddenly having second thoughts. A lot of second thoughts. That thing is absurdly dangerous... Give me second to think this over once again."

Empty words to no one in particular.
((Rethinking the plan in both IC and OOC. Will edit once something comes up.))

"Okay guys, so I'm chickening out here. It's probably better if I continue on my original goal and retrieve my LATRANS down on maintanance facility. It's definitely better against that monster than going with only two guns and overwatch. It's also probably better if you too move as far away from the spearman and his posse as possible. Wanna tag along? It's not a retreat by the way, just strategic re-evaluation of options."

Abort the mission! Self-preservation programs activate! Stay away from the monster guy and keep advancing to where my mech is. Persuade these guys coming with me, but don't bother waiting for them. If they come, good, if they don't, wish them luck.

Magic: -E
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:19:51 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 22, 2016, 02:50:22 am »

-snip-
Try crafting magicks together, "29 84"
"Sounds like a good idea to me. What do you say we sit here for a spell and figure out our next move while we get some basic science out of the way?"

"10 72"

((PENCILMANCY!!))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 69