Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69

Author Topic: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - Raining Mecha  (Read 176472 times)

blazing glory

Re: Perplexicon - Down the Foxhole - RNG Murderspree 2: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #525 on: March 06, 2016, 05:01:13 am »

Ah fuck! It's the System League, is this thing trying to get me killed?!

Ryles puts on a fake looking smile and does a small wave.

"Hi! Don't be alarmed! I may have teleported out of thin air but..."

Ryles gets a good eyeful of the Rope Horse.

"Uh....just don't kill me, please?"

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 06, 2016, 09:38:52 am »

Ah fuck! It's the System League, is this thing trying to get me killed?!

Ryles puts on a fake looking smile and does a small wave.

"Hi! Don't be alarmed! I may have teleported out of thin air but..."

Ryles gets a good eyeful of the Rope Horse.

"Uh....just don't kill me, please?"
Ned Killy just stares blankly at the man who just appeared out of... nowhere... It ranks as definitely weird, but downright mundane by today's standards. Today's standards being offered the blue and the red pill, grinding them up and snorting the lot with a side of horse tranquilizer.
Ned Killy recovers.
"Hey there, I suppose you're the help? Can't fault your response times I guess. Don't worry about the horse, he... she.. it's tame, probably a good thing the bear isn't here but that's another mind bending story..
The name's Ned Killy. Up until not to long ago I was a citizen here. Events... transpired and now, well, I've made a new friend and now I'm taking help from people who just pop out of literally nowhere to steal files for... people? I guess? Anyway: Welcome to the gang!
"
Somewhat more warily:
"I suppose you also got one of those weird terminals? And all that followed?"

((So yea, looks like the compound is reasonably well defended on the outside, or at least against "normal" threats, probably similar inside, but maybe automated security as well? We could just rush or sneak in but I'm thinking of maybe doing some more prep or something, certainly having a little chat in character :)) ))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 06, 2016, 10:41:26 am »

"... Not as planned."

Launch a skelly. Go for the core with more ranged.

((Also, I seem to be missing a skeleton. There was no mention of it getting launched in the turn, but I am at 2 out of 3.))

((T'was fixed. Though my action didn't change much.))
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:00:50 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 06, 2016, 03:37:45 pm »

"Sure. Weaker than expected. I agree."

"But... it didn't really stay damaged."
So they're liquid? Maybe the weight gun might work better than expected...

James realizes what a weight gun might do to a semi-liquid creature. Hence, he uses it on the closest wolf.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blazing glory

« Reply #529 on: March 06, 2016, 05:10:51 pm »

"The help? I...suppose, I wasn't really well informed on what I was going to be doing."

"I'm Lewis Ryles, and yeah, I got a terminal, so you're like me?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 06, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »

((Also, I seem to be missing a skeleton. There was no mention of it getting launched in the turn, but I am at 2 out of 3.))
((ARGH! Corsair posted an old draft! I'll go badger him to fix it.

You fired a skelebro, it got shot twice while you closed in, but your foe flew up, avoiding your swing. I'll PM you a notification when he fixes the turn. You ought to be the only one affected by this error.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 07, 2016, 02:33:46 am »

"The help? I...suppose, I wasn't really well informed on what I was going to be doing."

"I'm Lewis Ryles, and yeah, I got a terminal, so you're like me?"
"If by 'like me' you mean having the worlds best, but worst documented, dictionary in your head then yea."
"I wasn't expecting anyone else to show up, let alone be pulled into this but hey, If you'd like to help me storm this random research building we're looking for some files with 'PROTECTOR' or such on them and they should be in the server bunkers... wherever that is."
Ned eyes the lone revolver on Lewis' hip, and his own 'eclectic' collection.
"Normally I wouldn't say this to strange people I meet in a random carpark but.. maybe it might pay to be more heavily armed? Have you figured this magic stuff out yet? ."

((Page one seems to be substances, page two forms, page three "targeting" (loose definition) and I assume page four is modifiers/effects.))

"Once we're ready, I'd say we should probably sneak around the back into that lone building behind the three here. With any luck there will be connecting tunnels that'll keep us out of the way of the firing squad here. Probably trapped up the wazoo with cameras and motion detectors but hey. Getting shot later is more fun than getting shot now. Who knows, maybe these guys are under-financed? What do you think?"

(( I've got to admit, I kinda want to pinch the large collection of weaponry the guys on top of the building are using, but let's face it, probably won't end well :P ))

blazing glory

« Reply #532 on: March 07, 2016, 03:25:45 am »

((Page one seems to be substances, page two forms, page three "targeting" (loose definition) and I assume page four is modifiers/effects.))
((That'd line up with my sparse list so far.))

"Yeah I've been having some issues straightening out how this works, though I admit I haven't seen the need for various gadgets that kill people until now."

"So wait, the guys up there aren't with you? Well, I think we'd probably get shot to bits then, so we should probably avoid that killzone."

"We should probably share what we know, magical-dictionary wise, though I don't doubt you know more then me."

"Give me a minute, I have an idea."

"TZINACAN, tell me the secrets of this big-ass tower."

((Just assume I'm referring to whatever building we're actually trying to get into if it's not the tower, I don't have a good picture of this area.))
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:42:13 am by blazing glory »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:38 pm »

((No roll numbers for me? Also I don't see the armor in my inventory.))

Ao Shi

To soldiers:
"Does it count as a fancy trick if I tell I have died twice already today?" Ao grins, and then sighs. "Not that I enjoyed those experiences."
"Yeah, overwatch sounds good enough, can't really ask you to do more than that. By the way, how's the odds for my success now?"

Check out path to the supposed location of the core that enjoys maximum benefit of overwatch and doesn't require me running too much in open area.

To Red:
"Could you scan that building for me? I don't want to run blindly in when these folks are so afraid of it."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 07, 2016, 10:40:51 pm »

Derek speeds towards the combat, pressing the asterisk. He tries to stay on the edge and figure out which side he is on.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 08, 2016, 01:36:31 am »

((That'd line up with my sparse list so far.))

"Yeah I've been having some issues straightening out how this works, though I admit I haven't seen the need for various gadgets that kill people until now."

"So wait, the guys up there aren't with you? Well, I think we'd probably get shot to bits then, so we should probably avoid that killzone."

"We should probably share what we know, magical-dictionary wise, though I don't doubt you know more then me."

"Give me a minute, I have an idea."

((Just assume I'm referring to whatever building we're actually trying to get into if it's not the tower, I don't have a good picture of this area.))
((I've been building my dictionary turn by turn from everyone's science, and have a record of every (well, possibly missing one or two) spell cast so I can Sudoku the spell meanings and costs together later, but I have some already, if you actually want them (and not just an in universe trade) let me know, I'll post them.))

"So you have a handler too eh? And yours tells you secrets? Handy. Mine is a dapper, lucky fellow. If you want a slightly more vague but useful question, might I reccomend 'tell me the secrets of this research facility?' May, or may not, end up with a more useful answer."

((As far as structure goes there is a main tower, two (presumably connected) smaller buildings like wings and a smaller still building behind it. I presume some sort of maintenance structure, or alternate entrance. I assume))

Also, if the turn is made before we finish talking, say "29", preferably behind something (like a wall, or big car/van, whatever) so even if the sniper/spotter team was paying attention they would hopefully not notice.

blazing glory

« Reply #536 on: March 08, 2016, 02:06:50 am »

((I've been building my dictionary turn by turn from everyone's science, and have a record of every (well, possibly missing one or two) spell cast so I can Sudoku the spell meanings and costs together later, but I have some already, if you actually want them (and not just an in universe trade) let me know, I'll post them.))

"So you have a handler too eh? And yours tells you secrets? Handy. Mine is a dapper, lucky fellow. If you want a slightly more vague but useful question, might I reccomend 'tell me the secrets of this research facility?' May, or may not, end up with a more useful answer."

((As far as structure goes there is a main tower, two (presumably connected) smaller buildings like wings and a smaller still building behind it. I presume some sort of maintenance structure, or alternate entrance. I assume))
((What do you mean exactly by "and not just an in universe trade"? Your list of meta-recorded spells vs the ones you've actually done?))

"No offence to your own suggestion, but I get the feeling that if I push my luck and make the question too broad, then the answer will just be worse then what I would've got by keeping the question focused on the main part."

"Besides, it doesn't take all that long before I can ask my operator another question."

((Action quoted for ease of GMing))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 08, 2016, 02:11:59 am »

Keep shooting the birds and dodging. Or hit them with the sword if they get too close to shoot. Dodge by staying mobile.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 08, 2016, 04:15:56 am »

((No roll numbers for me? Also I don't see the armor in my inventory.))
((Sorry, my bad >__<

You rolled 8/4. Inventory updated.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 09, 2016, 04:43:44 am »

-snip-
((What do you mean exactly by "and not just an in universe trade"? Your list of meta-recorded spells vs the ones you've actually done?))

"No offence to your own suggestion, but I get the feeling that if I push my luck and make the question too broad, then the answer will just be worse then what I would've got by keeping the question focused on the main part."

"Besides, it doesn't take all that long before I can ask my operator another question."

((Action quoted for ease of GMing))

((Oh, I just meant RPing our characters swapping words, my list is significantly meta, or else I'd just have futuristic magnet deathbears :)) ))

"Yea no offense taken, that's probably the best course of action."

Say "29", preferably behind something (like a wall, or big car/van, whatever) so even if I spawn an accidental flash-bang and the sniper/spotter team was paying attention they would hopefully not notice. Hopefully. How far away are we?

Also ask my handler for any useful info he may have on this scenario, and if he has any useful tibbits or tricks we could make use of either on this place or the people guarding it (if he has any info he can give us at all that is).

Spoiler: WORDS FOR Y'ALL (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69