Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Primal Entity of Life, Death, Intelligence, Creation, Destruction, and Blood  (Read 12947 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps replace hope and fear with despair and apathy?
While it is alright to feel despair it is a sin to linger in it, Rather you should let it run its course then move onwards.
Apathy is the gravest of sins, for by not caring you cease doing, Wasting away into a mere husk of who you could be.
For lingering in either prevents you from moving onwards. Stagnation leads to death but not life.
Indeed. If death were to come without life, the ultimate end is an end to life and a consequent end to death.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I really like that. :D

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sexual reproduction between different kinds of bacteria can help us mix DNAs and I want it introduced.... But I think there are another way to speed up evolution

New plan

1) Put C near A and A near C. A will live off B as herbivores while C will live off A as carnivores.
2) Create "blood geysers". Sporadic geysers that shoot nutrients rich red coloured liquid. Should be placed both underwater and on the land. Preferably near colonies of B kind of bacteria. [
3) Create a divine Reaper and entrust it with the destruction of all immortal life in the common plane. (Save for primal entities and their divine servants, of course.)
4) Introduce apathy and despair as new sins
5) Change a small fraction of C in a way, that when they consume any other bacteria they usually incorporate some of their DNA and mutate slightly

DNA stealer can be fun and should accelerate evolution
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:22:58 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5) Change C in a way, that when they consume any other bacteria they usually incorporate some of their DNA and mutate slightly

We ought to mutate only a fraction of C if we're going that route. If said change goes badly and it ends up causing a mass extinction, only some of the population will be affected. If it goes well, it'll be a cheap way of introducing a fourth or more species which - in my opinion - is better than three. Either way, it'll be easier to alter a fraction of a species than all of a species.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:13:40 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree. Edited
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sexual reproduction between different kinds of bacteria can help us mix DNAs and I want it introduced.... But I think there are another way to speed up evolution

New plan

1) Put C near A and A near C. A will live off B as herbivores while C will live off A as carnivores.
2) Create "blood geysers". Sporadic geysers that shoot nutrients rich red coloured liquid. Should be placed both underwater and on the land. Preferably near colonies of B kind of bacteria. [
3) Create a divine Reaper and entrust it with the destruction of all immortal life in the common plane. (Save for primal entities and their divine servants, of course.)
5) Change a small fraction of C in a way, that when they consume any other bacteria they usually incorporate some of their DNA and mutate slightly

This is a very good plan, +1.

Cool, I guess. It's gotta have a scythe, though.

EDIT: Holy crap. I looked up "blood golem" on Google Images and found this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I want one.

-1, We shouldn't create just one, We'll need at least a hundred if we want to compete with other deities.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-1, We shouldn't create just one, We'll need at least a hundred if we want to compete with other deities.
Quality over quantity is better in this case. Unless our Reaper is powerful enough, another deity could just destroy it by themselves. As it is, we only have enough to make one of these high-quality Reapers.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I vote quality.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

New plan

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

I vote quality.
1+

plus one.

we make too. a male and female version, they will be both our first followers, and our divine servants.

tell them to have children so we can get some worshipers early on.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New plan

in favor of all but 2

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I vote quality.
1+

plus one.

we make too. a male and female version, they will be both our first followers, and our divine servants.

tell them to have children so we can get some worshipers early on.
-1. This not only would split the power of the Reapers in two, but it would undermine the entire reason of their existence - assuring Death. Our Reapers should be without sex and incapable of reproduction.

New plan

in favor of all but 2
A will be eating B. B requires the blood geysers in order to grow and not be entirely destroyed by A. Also, the colonies of B were described as being competing. Even if the blood geysers provide too much nutrition, the different colonies will promptly sort themselves out and we might even get some new species or sub-species.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:48:43 pm by Andres »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, we just pump more nutrients in ecosystem but it is still a finite resource. In fact it is a resource to compete for(and place of worship much, much later).

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

yes but keep in  mind, we want our servants to die, because we are life and death. we don't want to constantly have to create new reapers.

therefore
reapers having children=good
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10