Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Primal Entity of Life, Death, Intelligence, Creation, Destruction, and Blood  (Read 12911 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Primal Entity
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 12:46:06 pm »

Honestly I find both options unfavorable. God of Death versus God of War. Gee golly, so creative.

And Khorne was flanderized. I prefer him when he had aspects of honor and pride and courage involved, rather than the on-dimensional Blood for the Blood God.

How about this.

We are aware of little, save our own knowledge of being unaware. We will become aware of much.

We value knowledge, exploration and curiosity. We despise laxity, ignorance, and contentedness.

We explore, and learn, and create what has not been borne as the fruit of our searches, such that we might rediscover what it will become on our return.

We have no single physical location. The unknown calls us to it, and we must heed the call.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 01:00:42 pm »

Honestly I find both options unfavorable. God of Death versus God of War. Gee golly, so creative.

And Khorne was flanderized. I prefer him when he had aspects of honor and pride and courage involved, rather than the on-dimensional Blood for the Blood God.

How about this.

We are aware of little, save our own knowledge of being unaware. We will become aware of much.

We value knowledge, exploration and curiosity. We despise laxity, ignorance, and contentedness.

We explore, and learn, and create what has not been borne as the fruit of our searches, such that we might rediscover what it will become on our return.

We have no single physical location. The unknown calls us to it, and we must heed the call.

I submitted one, but I like this better. +1
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 01:29:53 pm »

What about me? I had an awesome knowledge god but everyone ignored it and now I'm spiteful.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 03:57:03 pm »

You contemplate the many aspects of the Infinite, and feel compelled towards Death. You immerse Yourself in the Aspect, and become aware of the entirety of Death, understanding its beauty and inevitability. Upon reflection, You feel that One cannot truly understand Death until One understands Life, and proceed to delve into the Aspect of Life. With a full understanding of both Aspects, You reflect that it did, in fact, require a considerable amount of intelligence to come to Your understanding, and engage in the study of the Aspect of Intelligence. You feel both less and more Infinite; restricted to Your Major Aspects but free in a manner which You could never have comprehended before You studies. You note that You still have capacity, and seek to understand Creation and Destruction. Armed with all of the knowledge granted to You by Your abilities, You finally choose the final aspect of Blood.

(Death, Life, Intelligence) (Creation, Destruction, Blood)

You decide to create the Common or Material Plane. Somewhere, past the extent of Your Divine abilities, You sense other Gods shaping the world, and reach out in an intricate dance to decide the Common Reality. At the same time, You turn towards the Void and begin to create a Divine Plane out of the Aether that surrounds You. The first step You take is to protect it from the other Gods, thickening and creating a Barrier of Your will and Aspects. When You are secure in Your creation, You sculpt the plane in Your tastes. The plane You see fit to inhabit places the center of gravity in the center, allowing the (eventual) inhabitants to walk on the inside edges of the plane.

You create a Star and a Void inside the Plane and set them to cycle around each other. Your plane becomes harsh and extreme to bring Death during the Void-cycle to create the conditions for warmth and Life during the Star-cycle. In the middle, shrouded by the Tails of the Star, You create a City of Libraries, which contain all of the Knowledge which You Know in its entirety. On a whim, You endow the spherical and spiky City with Flight, and set it to move perpendicular to the Cycle.

Time passes as You and Your peers continue to wrangle with the terms of the Common Plane. In the meantime, rudimentary forms of life have finally emerged from the oceans and rivers of Blood after fourteen Cycles. Although they are single-cell species, there are four of which show promise:

1. A kite cell that maneuver by climbing the viscosity of the air
2. A spiral cell that digs through the ground, creating mounds as it goes
3. A rod cell that moves with a flagellum
4. A round cell that floats in the oceans

What do You do with them while You participate in Creating the Common Plane?

God Points: 11/15
- 1 per turn for Common Plane; + 1 per turn for Creation aspect
- 6 for Divine Plane Creation
+ 2 for residing in Divine Plane (Turn 2)

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 04:27:42 pm »

realize that by considering hope a sin we hinder ourselves and folowers becasue who would spill blood when they have no hope to win? And who would seek to learn when they lack the hope to understand.

Also

make each of the four types favor there own kind. And make them prey apon the other forms.

In this way, as they evolve to a higher intelligence they will form frindship. And will also war with the others.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 04:28:58 pm »

Hope can be argued as futility. Rather than hope something turns out well, Make It turn out well.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2015, 04:53:08 pm »

Focus on

a) Increase their metabolism, making them lifetimes shorter and reproduction rates faster (Death and Live Aspect)
b) Grant them new senses (Intelligence and Creation aspects)
c) Mutate them into having calcium spikes ( Destruction aspect)
d) Make their internal juices poisonous for other types of cells (Blood aspect )

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2015, 05:15:30 pm »

realize that by considering hope a sin we hinder ourselves and folowers becasue who would spill blood when they have no hope to win? And who would seek to learn when they lack the hope to understand.
+1, especially as Hope and Fear are diametrically opposed yet both are considered Sins.

make each of the four types favor there own kind. And make them prey apon the other forms.

In this way, as they evolve to a higher intelligence they will form frindship. And will also war with the others.

+1

Focus on

a) Increase their metabolism, making them lifetimes shorter and reproduction rates faster (Death and Live Aspect)
b) Grant them new senses (Intelligence and Creation aspects)
c) Mutate them into having calcium spikes ( Destruction aspect)
d) Make their internal juices poisonous for other types of cells (Blood aspect )

-1. This will lead to the extinction of all but this type of cell. Perhaps if we gave each of the cells their own attributes...
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2015, 05:24:38 pm »

especially as Hope and Fear are diametrically opposed yet both are considered Sins.
That means that thinking about future no matter what you expect is bad and I like it. Our followers should be fatalists

Keep Hope as sin
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »

especially as Hope and Fear are diametrically opposed yet both are considered Sins.
That means that thinking about future no matter what you expect is bad and I like it. Our followers should be fatalists

Keep Hope as sin
Thinking about something so relevant as continued existence should not be banned from our followers. Banning thought on anything would fall under Ignorance - a far greater Sin than Fear.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 05:51:10 pm »

exactly. banning hope more or less undermines pretty much.....everything about us

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 05:56:04 pm »

Perhaps it's not a Virtue but it's definitely not a Sin.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2015, 05:58:12 pm »

yhea hope is neutral 

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2015, 06:28:03 pm »

Note: Certainly an option. I regarded having Fear and Hope as sins as leading towards a practical fatalism. It's not "don't think about the future" it's "Don't allow yourself to waste time hoping or fearing, because it allows you to be ignorant and sets up for failure."

Y'all can change it or debate it, of course!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 06:33:35 pm »

The thing about Hope and Fear is that they're both intrinsically linked with thinking about the future. Both can allow for Ignorance to come to fruit but simply not thinking about the future seems to be considerably worse. In the end, even Fear is useful and it's extremely useful in preventing self-destruction which is one of the most extreme forms of Failure to exist.

Remove Hope and Fear from the Sins list.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10