Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Primal Entity of Life, Death, Intelligence, Creation, Destruction, and Blood  (Read 12949 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Primal Entity
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2015, 06:37:02 pm »

Note: Certainly an option. I regarded having Fear and Hope as sins as leading towards a practical fatalism. It's not "don't think about the future" it's "Don't allow yourself to waste time hoping or fearing, because it allows you to be ignorant and sets up for failure."

Y'all can change it or debate it, of course!
As I assumed and  I like this
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2015, 06:52:49 pm »

The thing about Hope and Fear is that they're both intrinsically linked with thinking about the future. Both can allow for Ignorance to come to fruit but simply not thinking about the future seems to be considerably worse. In the end, even Fear is useful and it's extremely useful in preventing self-destruction which is one of the most extreme forms of Failure to exist.

Remove Hope and Fear from the Sins list.

+1
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 07:20:16 pm »

As far as Life goes, there's not a whole lot of overlap between the species location. There certainly is some, but you can tell their primary habitat from description.

Specific changes are good, too.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2015, 04:16:12 pm »

Place some of the bacteria from one group near the territory of the other groups to foster evolution.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2015, 09:09:12 pm »

For the record, Despair is the opposite of hope, not fear. At least as far as I know.

Although, for the record, I'm guessing the sins just mean 'don't do this too much' rather than 'you cannot think about the future'.

People trying to look at this as a semantic thing of forbidding it being done seems weird to me.

Cause a bunch of mass extinction events, allowing the population to rise back to a large enough size to survive the next after each one, to speed up evolution.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2015, 06:01:25 pm »

For the time being, You decide to put a hold on Hope and Fear as sins, deciding that some of Your eventual worshippers are likely to interpret it poorly without clarification. You still feel a need to find new Sins to replace them, however.

As far as the first forms of Life upon Your plane, You consider them all for a Cycle, allowing them to specialize in their own manner, before imbuing upon them Your changes of a shorter, brighter life, and forcibly trapping certain promising populations near the weaker of the others. After the population rates have reached a level You see fit, you dramatically increase the power of the Star and shift the orbit of Your City, allowing for greater variance on the tide cycle so as to cause a mass extinction. It is, perhaps, a testament to Your capabilities that the intended extinction of the Life You created strongly resists the attempts to kill them off, adapting within three cycles into three possible recipients of Your gifts out of the twelve You had considered possible before the extinction.

Life is growing more complex - although it has gone from simple to complex cells, it still has yet to reach sexual reproduction or true multicellular life.

a) Shield-shaped, amphibious, lightweight bacteria that that catch wind/water currents for propulsion
b) Square, mildly photosynthesizing and fixing bacteria that exist in small, competing colonies
c)  Mutualistic rod/spiral, predatory cells with an extremely short life cycle and a voracious appetite

God Points: 10/15
- 1 per turn for Common Plane; + 1 per turn for Creation aspect
- 4  for Theistic Evolution
+ 3 for residing in Divine Plane (Turn 3)

Cycles: 30 Full Cycles of Your Divine Plane before Common Plane completed

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 06:11:23 pm »

grow bored with the 3 bacteria we accelerate there growth. making them multi-cellular.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 07:06:16 pm »

1) Use divine powers to make mating between A and B possible thus creating sexual reproduction between them. Don't care if most of their offspring will be unable to reproduce
I think we shouldn't rush multicellular yet, while combining mobile and mildly photosynthetic is interesting.

2) Create "geysers of blood": Geysers that shot a red liquid full of nutrients for the growing bacterial life. In the same time it is full of toxins that will kill most who fail to adapt. Those geysers should be limited to few volcanic active parts of the world.
Bring more stuff to ecosystem and god related features for our future
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2015, 07:12:49 pm »

PTW
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2015, 09:02:28 pm »

1) Use divine powers to make mating between A and B possible thus creating sexual reproduction between them. Don't care if most of their offspring will be unable to reproduce
I think we shouldn't rush multicellular yet, while combining mobile and mildly photosynthetic is interesting.

2) Create "geysers of blood": Geysers that shot a red liquid full of nutrients for the growing bacterial life. In the same time it is full of toxins that will kill most who fail to adapt. Those geysers should be limited to few volcanic active parts of the world.
Bring more stuff to ecosystem and god related features for our future
-1 to both. The first because it serves no purpose and the second because it'll promote simpler or smaller forms of life.

Create the aforementioned blood geysers WITHOUT the toxins near B so they grow quickly and thus compete more fiercely.

Put C near A and A near C. A will live off B as herbivores while C will live off A as carnivores. Since A moves using water currents, it should also make both A and C migratory and will give B a chance to recover from A's feeding.

Check for other primal entities. Are there any cthuloid monstrosities we should be worried about?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 10:25:56 pm »

GM note: You have plenty of "time", relatively speaking, before being drawn into the confrontation with other Gods. Everyone else is either shaping the Common Plane (some more than you, fyi) or focusing on developing their Divine Minions. Without saying much, you're a few steps ahead of the average and you are absolutely the most secure Divine Plane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_evolutionary_history_of_life

is the very loose guidelines I am going from.  It's up to you as the players to decide whether you want to shape them as they are and let your plane's laws of nature lead to "accidental evolution", or to force theistic evolution upon them. Since you have the Life and Creation domains, you can meddle a LOT more directly than Gods without it.  If, for some odd reason, you decide to force C into "Male" spirals and "female" rods then you can do that just as much as you can declare that C becomes a single-cell with mitochondria, or have a byproduct of B's photosynthesis be a toxin, or whatever.

You can outright copy and paste traits at this level, although it miiiiight not go exactly how you expect it to. If you want C to develop B's photosynthesis it might just develop in the sense of C finds B delicious and pulls off some kleptoplasty of the chloroplasts.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Create a divine Reaper and entrust it with the destruction of all immortal life in the common plane. (Save for primal entities and their divine servants, of course.) Life is merely a means of producing Death to us, after all.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

GM note: That will basically be a Blood Golem.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool, I guess. It's gotta have a scythe, though.

EDIT: Holy crap. I looked up "blood golem" on Google Images and found this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I want one.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:55:09 pm by Andres »

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps replace hope and fear with despair and apathy?
While it is alright to feel despair it is a sin to linger in it, Rather you should let it run its course then move onwards.
Apathy is the gravest of sins, for by not caring you cease doing, Wasting away into a mere husk of who you could be.
For lingering in either prevents you from moving onwards. Stagnation leads to death but not life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10