Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]  (Read 15788 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 4]
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2015, 06:57:03 am »

"Half is fine. Though I would like priority on men and women of knowledge."

Pif-Ria smiles widely. "If you want men and women of knowledge, feel free to work with the willowsouls collected in my tower and make your own order of sages! The more wisdom we can send from the heavens to Arena, the happier Arena will be!"

"Ah. That is a good idea, but it will have to wait until after I have made my Warrens. I would rather not be without power."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2015, 07:25:48 am »

So. At last we speak. You have held my curiosity for some time.

And you, I. You have innate understanding of arcanite, yes? I need your aid in using it to unwarp the Boogiemen, or at least a few of them. I plan on using them as diplomats for the Free Wallows.

In exchange, I will build you a grand laboratory of crystal and diamond. Such will overshadow any you have seen before.

Perhaps. I have great interest in examining these illusions. If I may bring some of them here, I shall investigate.

Feel free. Take those who will only come willing with you, however. If none choose to, perhaps I can persuade them. To be honest, the illusion was far too powerful. What I am looking for is a controllable alternative.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2015, 11:10:54 am »

"Half is fine. Though I would like priority on men and women of knowledge."

Pif-Ria smiles widely. "If you want men and women of knowledge, feel free to work with the willowsouls collected in my tower and make your own order of sages! The more wisdom we can send from the heavens to Arena, the happier Arena will be!"

"Ah. That is a good idea, but it will have to wait until after I have made my Warrens. I would rather not be without power."

"Ah, come on. Don't be a chicken! I use the entirety of my power all the time, and nobody tries to take advantage, and I'm the most tempting target because I have a nice juicy font of power! ...And I look tasty to boot."

Pif-Ria pats the newcomer on the shoulder. "We may not all agree on everything, but this is a civilized pantheon. We shouldn't mistrust one another. None of us should let paranoia prevent us from acting upon our desires!"

Meoboroje, who had been marveling at the beautiful tunnel-temples, turned to Pif-Ria.
"I'm afraid I would object: I have a role, and I must fill it, and it is that of a protector-- I would be betraying myself were I to make an exception for the "Free" Wallows.

Nonetheless, I don't believe they are totally unsalvageable.  Their entire insurrection was caused by the fear of the afterlife in the Singing Tower, yes? Perhaps one of us could get the Shaded Minds to speak to them-- they ARE an afterlife, after all, are they not? The Minds have been speaking with and making surprising steps with the "Free" ones, anyway, and I would not be surprised if they found the Shaded Minds more palatable than the Willowings."

Pif-Ria nods. "I figured you'd say something like that pops. I'd rather tackle this with my own power though... it is far more dependable than asking those cute little mortals to do my work. I will find some less-than destructive way of dealing with them this time, but I will have to think about it."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2015, 12:05:06 pm »

"Sorry. It's an old habit which I intend to keep for the moment."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2015, 02:24:56 pm »

Well then, it is time for me to join those below.  They are complex and varied, with many forces and magics of our own design and theirs.  The Artist and the Mage have provided much change and value from their place among the mortals, I should live among them.

Are there any pressing matters before I form a physical body?

Vodoth moves up, out of the mountains, through clouds to the center of the orange star.  As he hits it ripples begin forming out, red yellow blue, hot tendrils of fire reaching out as the star becomes active as the brood house of a god.

(That is all just artistic license for now, since it looks cool.)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2015, 03:44:22 am »

An eruption from the star arcs out towards the great Starborn flock, forming into a ragged sphere of fire that starts spinning faster and faster condensing down and laughing in a voice familiar to the Starborn as that of Vodoth.

I join you, now, to truly live.  Those below need my guidance most, I will return in time to aid the flocks went you need it.

The sphere of flame suddenly flies down, towards the mountains of Drasperres, to an isolated vale of small plants and mineral deposits.  As it lands gently, vines and wires of metal reach up from the ground and welcome it, wrapping around as the fire spins faster and faster and shrinks even more until it vanishes completely behind a complex weave of living metal, glowing only slightly orange.

The nearby plants then reach out to the Solar Seed, wrapping and meshing, small bits of rock grinding into the form until an immature Starborn form emerges, a few days old.  She turns in the direction of Clugize and begins walking, nipping at snow and plants on the way.

This should be interesting.

[2 Acts] Create the Solar Seed as above, a bound state of Vodoth God of life.  It is a basketball sized sphere of green and blue metal with fractal vine and claw shapes going down to the molecular level, orange light glows out from between the shapes.  It contains the divine essence of Vodoth and a portion of/link to the Center Star's flame.  The Solar Seed can form bodies out of living things and some metal or rock, always a majority of living things.  The shapes can be anything currently alive, ranging from just big enough to hold the sphere to slightly larger then a full grown Starborn.  The body can range from detailed placement of organs and internal systems to shells that just mimic the form.  Intelligent living things can be forced into the body, although this will not be done unless specifically noted.  The sphere also has a limited control of fire, able to allow the form to breath and eat fire, and a natural form of Control and Way magic, not bound to the normal limits of those powers, which is what allows the body to be made in the first place.

[Action?]Drop the Solar Seed in the mountains of Drasperres near Clugize, form a body similar to an immature Starborn.

[Action]Live out a life growing up in Clugize, working towards it's defense and prosperity, revealing powers as a Starborn prophet of Vodoth named Jettark.  Let any Starborn who accuse her of falsehood in on the secret in private, that she want to experience what a somewhat normal life like theirs is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2015, 07:49:14 am »

"I just had a brilliant idea. We could create a form of protection against the Ancient who will attempt to destroy us all and provide a reward after life in one action! Hear me out. I propose we pool our power and create another sentient species of some sort, we can decide on the form of that species through a vote. What shall be different about this species is that its population shall be made from the reborn members of other species, if those reborn members worship at least one god very fervently. The reborn member would remember some rudimentary details of his/her past life, but nothing specific. We will add a tendency to attack the Ancient and any of the Ancient's creations into the new species' very lifeblood, their genes. When a member of the new species dies, they will still go to the Singing Tower. Does this plan sound good to you all?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2015, 10:10:14 am »

Meoboroje rapped a couple of knuckles against his Aegis.
"I've got a plan if my own to deal with the Ancient, but as for yours... I want to express some concern that we may have too many afterlives already-- I can only see further and further chaos arriving if we play too much tug of war with the mortals' souls."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2015, 11:33:59 am »

"The Minds function for those purposes."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2015, 11:50:57 am »

"I fail to see how you got the idea that that would be another afterlife. Some of the dead will be reborn into new bodies on Arena, most will not, and when the new bodies die, they will go to the Tower anyway."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2015, 02:44:45 pm »

Vodoth looks up from his meal in an ice tavern and starts speaking, seemingly at random.

The shaded minds could serve as a secondary stage before the third phase.  By combining multiple willing, living Wallowings with a reborn shaded mind they could become something greater.  Offering those besides the Starborn and strong of will a new life would be an interesting idea.

The undead become the new living, then back again.  Ha.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2015, 03:06:33 pm »

"Along the lines of Kin of the Artist? Possible."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »

Pif-Ria laughs. "You lot are just being silly! All souls are accounted for... more or less. We don't need to make things complicated. The system works fine guys. Souls feed the tower, the tower feeds me, and I make Arena a happier place. Speaking of which..."

Pif-Ria gathers her sages, and presents to them a massive sack full of seeds. "These will grow trees of joy, my latest invention. Those mortals who partake of this new fruit will find relief from their physical maladies and peace of mind. The effects will be stronger for those mortals who have faith in a god; They will find a true cure for whatever ails them, and months of joy in their heads, upon eating the fruit. I give you this task, Joyous Servants, spread the seeds across the world so that all may have access to the fruit, and spread the knowledge that the fruit is better for believers."

Act: Pif-Ria creates a species of bush that produces the Fruit of Joy. The fruit of joy slows the advance and masks the symptoms of any disease or injury suffered by one who eats it, and also puts their mind at ease for a few days. If the person eating the fruit believes in at least one real god, the effects are amplified; A believer eating the fruit is fully cured of any physical injury or disease, and gets to enjoy a ephoric high that lasts for a few months straight. The sages are tasked with cultivating this fruit so that all have a fair chance of accessing it, and explaining that to gain the full effects one must have faith.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2015, 05:11:04 pm »

"That's.. Actually a rather good idea. Good incentive and good way to spread it."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2015, 06:32:26 pm »

"Interesting. There are, however, a few flaws. First up, I don't even know if some of the species here are capable of eating, although some certainly are. Second up, this may become the sort of thing mortals hoard... resulting in- warfare, combat, anger, not what you want I believe. And... this reminds me of a concoction called quocaine. In short... well, good luck with that."

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14