Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 5]  (Read 15789 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Gods' Game [Kalpa 1/Turn 4]
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2015, 02:28:07 pm »

"This works. I have other ideas... the knowledge contained by the dead is wasted... it may be used elsewhere, I believe. I have an interesting plan involving that."

Vayros uses his Major Act to create the Warrens of Memory. The Warrens of Memory is a pocket dimension of sorts linked in six places to Arena via large arches with portals contained within. The portals lead into the Warrens, a multi-floored constantly shifting labyrinth. The Warrens constantly grow and adapt in their pocket space. The Warrens' point is the Memory Crystals. The Warrens has a floor for every sentient species, the floors of older species being lower in the Warrens and the floors of younger species being higher. If a sentient being dies, half of the time their memories are taken from the Tower and formed into a crystal, the size and color of which depending on the age and species of the dead creature. The crystal is then transported to the appropriate floor in the Warrens. In order to use these crystals, a new recipe for a potion is added to the Tomes of Alchemic Knowledge. The potion uses dust from a crystal and allows whoever drinks that potion to access the memories from the crushed crystal. The Warrens are not without danger, however. Traps of a wide variety abound, and the crystals of evil beings often form into hostile golems which attack adventurers. Those who pray to Vayros are less affected by the traps and golems, however. Notably, at the very bottom of the Warrens, there is one floor more, smaller than the others and without danger. Anyone who reaches there is entitled to one question from Vayros, according to the inscription on the entryway arches. Said inscription also contains information about the crystals and the Warrens' dangers. The Warrens are built to survive the ending of a Kalpa, although they might deteriorate as a result.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:33:37 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2015, 02:39:12 pm »

((There are three other afterlives. One is technically not a full death.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2015, 03:45:22 pm »

((This isn't an afterlife. It's a dungeon where explorers can find memories from dead people.))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2015, 03:53:43 pm »

((Said memories are being used by all three other afterlives))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2015, 04:04:29 pm »

((Are they? Also, if this goes any further, we should take this to the OOC.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2015, 04:06:44 pm »

((Yes, they are.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2015, 04:35:09 pm »

((They are.))

"I seek permission to use the memories within the afterlives for my own purposes. If I am denied, I will simply make some magical atlases instead of doing what I have planned."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »

"You may ask the Minds to make copies of their memories for you, they do not need to agree, nor do they need to provide. However they Remember much."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:13:51 pm by Kevak »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2015, 05:08:18 pm »

The memories from Second Sun may be used as you wish, as long as you do not interrupt it's basic function, but I suspect Pif-Ria would not want it moved.

Why care about the after life, when you could look to the living?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2015, 05:35:24 pm »

"My sages are using the memories of both the lantern and the vault to increase their wisdom so that they may bring Joy to Arena! I wouldn't mind sharing some of the memories, if doing so would make you happy, but I would ask that you don't take them all."

Pif-Ria pulls a cookie out of her hair and nibbles on it thoughtfully before continuing. "How about you take half! That is fair, right?"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2015, 07:30:48 pm »

So. At last we speak. You have held my curiosity for some time.

And you, I. You have innate understanding of arcanite, yes? I need your aid in using it to unwarp the Boogiemen, or at least a few of them. I plan on using them as diplomats for the Free Wallows.

In exchange, I will build you a grand laboratory of crystal and diamond. Such will overshadow any you have seen before.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2015, 07:42:09 pm »

"Half is fine. Though I would like priority on men and women of knowledge."

Instead of all the memories from the tower going to the Warrens, only half will do so.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2015, 08:18:33 pm »

So. At last we speak. You have held my curiosity for some time.

And you, I. You have innate understanding of arcanite, yes? I need your aid in using it to unwarp the Boogiemen, or at least a few of them. I plan on using them as diplomats for the Free Wallows.

In exchange, I will build you a grand laboratory of crystal and diamond. Such will overshadow any you have seen before.

Perhaps. I have great interest in examining these illusions. If I may bring some of them here, I shall investigate.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

"Half is fine. Though I would like priority on men and women of knowledge."

Pif-Ria smiles widely. "If you want men and women of knowledge, feel free to work with the willowsouls collected in my tower and make your own order of sages! The more wisdom we can send from the heavens to Arena, the happier Arena will be!"

---

Clearing her throat, Pif-Ria approaches Saint Meoboroje nervously. "Papa, the godless Free Wallows are preventing the spread of proper religion, and are as such hurting all of us. I find this sad. They reject your divinity, and as such do not deserve your protection. Would you object to me thinning their number a tiiiiiiiiny bit?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2015, 05:34:06 am »

Meoboroje, who had been marveling at the beautiful tunnel-temples, turned to Pif-Ria.
"I'm afraid I would object: I have a role, and I must fill it, and it is that of a protector-- I would be betraying myself were I to make an exception for the "Free" Wallows.

Nonetheless, I don't believe they are totally unsalvageable.  Their entire insurrection was caused by the fear of the afterlife in the Singing Tower, yes? Perhaps one of us could get the Shaded Minds to speak to them-- they ARE an afterlife, after all, are they not? The Minds have been speaking with and making surprising steps with the "Free" ones, anyway, and I would not be surprised if they found the Shaded Minds more palatable than the Willowings."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14