Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving The New World OOC (Chucked into firepit)  (Read 28330 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e Sandbox Adventure: Braving The New World (0/4 players accepted)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 12:33:41 pm »

I'll put up a sheet soon if recruitment is still open.

There's been like, one sheet submitted, without any usable background. :P Recruitment still open!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 12:42:06 pm »

Do you mean my sheet has no usable background, since the soldier background is in the basic rules.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 12:59:43 pm »

Do you mean my sheet has no usable background, since the soldier background is in the basic rules.

Humm? I missed yours...I meant flying dice. Good character, no fluff.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 01:06:25 pm »

Hmm, supposedly they were terrible in older editions but oh well. Character concept cemented.

Dwarmin, I think I'll be going with a Monk, fluff details will be required later, but are you alright with that?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »

Hmm, supposedly they were terrible in older editions but oh well. Character concept cemented.

Dwarmin, I think I'll be going with a Monk, fluff details will be required later, but are you alright with that?

Np, I want to see how Monks play in 5e-they really blew in like...all the other editions, ever.

It can't hurt your chances, anyway. :p

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 01:10:31 pm »

Yeah, I'll be fluffing it out today.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 01:10:59 pm »

Eh, you won't get to see what they're really capable of since I'm not min-maxing, and an interesting idea I had probably won't be taking place unless something nutso happens. (I'm not multiclassing to Dragon Sorcerer just out of nowhere without any ingame reason. >_>)
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 01:14:28 pm »

Yeah, monks in 3.5 couldn't beat a conventional fighter specced for unarmed.

And That's Terrible.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2015, 01:15:39 pm »

Do we have to use Myth-Weavers for the sheets? I don't have an account...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2015, 01:17:49 pm »

I just made one on the spot myself actually, it's not too hard. The only thing you have to worry about is giving your email (also, uncheck a box that says allow admins to email you).

Also Dwarmin, what do you think of my character? It's the first one I ever made and I want to know if it's ok.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 01:18:45 pm »

I just made one, it was pretty easy.

Does your world have Violins or Cellos?
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 01:27:51 pm »

It's a shame guns are so expensive.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2015, 01:30:10 pm »

They're so slooooooow anyway. At least without cartridges (which are even more expensive.)
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 01:36:09 pm »

At least they're not matchlocks.

Also, fluff is up. Literally-raised-by-wolves. And, heh, Outlander + Ranger = I solve food and water issues.  :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:38:24 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 01:37:38 pm »

I just made one on the spot myself actually, it's not too hard. The only thing you have to worry about is giving your email (also, uncheck a box that says allow admins to email you).

Also Dwarmin, what do you think of my character? It's the first one I ever made and I want to know if it's ok.

Pretty bare bones, but all the good stuff is there. A really straight forward guy, pretty naive and generally luckless.

Still, you aren't completely clueless to D&D, right? I mean, this is a game that's not going to be nice to newbies-it's designed to be pretty ruthless, hence the high score list. I had a problem in my last/current game where a player just didn't know what to do at all, and they ended up quitting because they weren't having fun.

I just want to make sure you'll have fun...the rules aren't hard to learn (5e is really simple), and I'll help you as best I can, but it's def something for me to think about when choosing players for this game.

I just made one, it was pretty easy.

Does your world have Violins or Cellos?

Don't know why it wouldn't...btw, the answer to most lore questions is 'yes'. Nepathica is sort of the melting pot I'm throwing my 5th edition games into, and I'm updating it based on my player lore.

It's a shame guns are so expensive.
They're so slooooooow anyway. At least without cartridges (which are even more expensive.)

You can buy a cheap guns/ammo if you like. :P Those prices are just the average cost for a decent weapons that won't explode in your hand, or jam right before the Dragon swallows you whole.

On the other hand, for the right price, you get a weapon that ignores most damage reduction (being ballistic), has the advantage on damage rolls, and has a higher critical chance.

I'm mostly basing them on my meandering through historical warfare novels-I didn't just put these weapons in to give you the advantage. The first gunpowder weapons sucked. They weren't much better than bows, or even clubs. But you could train someone to use a rifle alot quicker, and it didn't require much strength or even intelligence to do so-Knights who trained a lifetime to wield armor and sword and horse, could be killed by fifteen year old farmboys who drilled for a month, and it changed everything. You could give them to a thousand men and order them to fire all at once. As your characters will see if you don't play intelligently...

Technology brings the end of the age of Heroes, you know. That's a major theme of this game, insofar as it has a theme.

:(

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23