Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/4 Ascendants Slots]  (Read 25856 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/2 Ascendants Slots]
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2015, 09:55:47 pm »

Well, Andres, one thing I feel you have inaccurate is the supposed non-diversity of the Wallowings: They've already fractured into a million groups; we never had any species-splitting of this magnitude last game, and I think the number of factions within the Wallowings beats out even the Fisher's Children lategame last game.

(seriously, it's a little bonkers, let me count:)

Fisher's Children:
1. Neiden's Empire (Elere)
2. Aztofi End Cults
3. Feimel's Mageslave Kingdoms
4. The Heretics
5. The non-Networld Plague-worshippers
6. The Plague Lords (distorted Fisher's Children)

Wallowings:
1. The Eight Cities of Gold
2. The Free Wallowings
3. The Free Folk/Feral Wallowings
4. Coceans
5. Willowmen (distorted Wallowings)
6. Boogiemen (cursed Wallowings)

I don't have a major problem with you making humans or anything, but do give the Wallowings a chance!

And now we have those who live in darkness underground, unseen by the gods.  Who the hell knows what they are up to.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2015, 09:57:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure they don't even have civilization.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2015, 09:58:13 pm »

And now we have those who live in darkness underground, unseen by the gods.  Who the hell knows what they are up to.
Getting abducted for experiments
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2015, 10:02:04 pm »

Most of the outside of Arena is an empty metal shell, if you wish to create a physical other world rather then a dimensional other world you could build it on the outer surface of Arena, the only competing item is the tower of joy, and the planet is very large, so you should have plenty of space.

Also many of the Wallowings are no longer photosynthetic and we even have some two legged ones, you could adapt the existing life forms rather then having to make a whole new group.

Or do your own thing, I am interested in that as well.
The world I plan to build won't be a fundamentally different world. Arena simply won't do for what I have in mind. Even if Wallowings were equal to humans in their usefulness to me, they have a long history with the gods and that would skew any results that would come about of having no godly interference. Moreover, doing so is considered an Act like any other so there's no difference between that and making humans in terms of cost.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2015, 10:02:54 pm »

But humans are generic as hell, boring, and honestly not very interesting.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2015, 10:06:51 pm »

There will be something about the humans that are also fundamentally different from what they are IRL. Besides, humans are meant only for my god. You will not be interacting with them any more than you are now so stop fretting.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »

Dude. Just don't do humans. They're so generic that they just don't work. Do something else that isn't human. I mean, come on. Use your imagination. Seriously.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2015, 10:13:29 pm »

There will be something about the humans that are also fundamentally different from what they are IRL. Besides, humans are meant only for my god. You will not be interacting with them any more than you are now so stop fretting.

This will likely cause conflict with Vodoth, all living things are his domain.  Neat.  He has a lot on his plate right now though.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2015, 10:43:40 pm »

This will likely cause conflict with Vodoth, all living things are his domain.  Neat.  He has a lot on his plate right now though.
Considering you've bound yourself to Arena and my world will be several lightyears away, I'm not sure how Vodoth has any say in the matter. In any case, my god will only ask that no god interferes with humanity's progress.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2015, 10:44:26 pm »

Don't Do Humans. It's Generic and Boring.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2015, 10:48:42 pm »

And if there's this world that doesn't have anything to do with anyone else's stuff, what's the point of it?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2015, 10:49:18 pm »

How in the hell would it even contribute to the overall plotline?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2015, 11:16:25 pm »

And if there's this world that doesn't have anything to do with anyone else's stuff, what's the point of it?
That will hopefully become apparent after I have built it. If it's not, my god will explain. As for non-practical purposes, my god simply wants to make a world, put a race on it, and see how they do when godly interference is absent.

How in the hell would it even contribute to the overall plotline?
Without godly interference, extinction events concerning sapient races won't happen. Without godly interference, the odds of the gods doing something to piss off the humans so much that they renounce the gods and destroy the gods' works is zero. Thus, they will increase the stability of the current Kalpa and lengthen the time until the next one, simply by existing. Humans' "boringness" (if they even have it) would allow you to be as unique and colourful as you want in Arena for longer, so please stop complaining.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2015, 11:18:16 pm »

I don't think that stability works like you think it does Andres.

Also. If you want an example of what happens with humanity that lacks a god. Look at modern day earth. Wars everywhere.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2015, 11:32:46 pm »

I don't think that stability works like you think it does Andres.

Also. If you want an example of what happens with humanity that lacks a god. Look at modern day earth. Wars everywhere.
IRL humanity is in one of the most peaceful eras since the dawn of civilisation. Yeah there's wars everywhere but it's nothing compared to what it was before.
Considering that I created them, the world, and everything that inhabits it, I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll pray to me. They'll probably know about you guys too. Just because they know of the gods doesn't mean we're directly interfering.
Even if for some reason it seems they're about to do something irreversibly destructive like destroying the biosphere of nuking each-other into oblivion, I'll have some failsafes in place that should prevent that from happening while requiring minimal godly interference.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30