Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/4 Ascendants Slots]  (Read 25864 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/2 Ascendants Slots]
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2015, 07:43:23 pm »

As it is, we have a really unique world. Please don't plop humans in. They're so standard that they're downright boring.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2015, 07:46:23 pm »

Gonna keep them separate on another world. I expect that by the third or even second turn of my existence, I'll just leave them alone as I turn my attention to Arena.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, when I say "another world", I mean on a planet several lightyears away from Arena. I reckon the next Kalpa will come in before there's ever any cross-over.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:48:32 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2015, 07:49:18 pm »

You're going to leave the most warlike race in existence to their own devices?

Why.

Just don't make humans. Make something interesting. Use your imagination.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2015, 07:55:16 pm »

The current races are so war-like that the planet is literally named "Arena". Humans would be pacifistic in comparison.

As for why....well, why not? It's fun for my god to watch the various factions play their games, the gods get to see what happens when there's minimal divine interference, humanity would be unlikely to rebel against me (and if they do they'll do so in such relatively small numbers it'll be nothing but entertaining for my god), and not doing anything is freeeeeeee.

I will make something interesting. On Arena, even. Just not on my first turn.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2015, 07:59:57 pm »

Just don't make humans.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2015, 08:03:37 pm »

It's hard to make humans interesting in these games if they're not present/planned from the start.

TBH it feels kind of unfair that I denied someone a spot in this to get in as a demigod and new gods jump in able to throw an MA around. I think it would be more interesting if we had a few more Ascendants instead.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 21, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »

The planet wasn't named Arena because they were warlike. It was a jab against the Artist who made an Arena to settle disputes, but was too late and so everyone decided to call the world Arena.

And to be honest, its gonna be difficult to play as a watcher and laugher type god AND contribute to the story. You can roleplay it well, I'm sure, but don't be that stereotype:

Gods who interact and cause wars and friction.

Watcher god writes post where he smirks and does his own thing, contributing nothing to the conflict other than him being cool cuz he is wiser and shit.

God games paint a picture, not an art gallery. If you get what I mean.

Not saying you'll be like that stereotype, just warning.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 21, 2015, 08:21:25 pm »

The planet wasn't named Arena because they were warlike. It was a jab against the Artist who made an Arena to settle disputes, but was too late and so everyone decided to call the world Arena.
If I remember correctly it was something like "They mocked the Artist for making an arena when the world was already like an arena. Eventually, they started calling the world 'Arena' in a non-mocking way because it was surprisingly fitting."

And to be honest, its gonna be difficult to play as a watcher and laugher type god AND contribute to the story. You can roleplay it well, I'm sure, but don't be that stereotype:

Watcher god writes post where he smirks and does his own thing, contributing nothing to the conflict other than him being cool cuz he is wiser and shit.

God games paint a picture, not an art gallery. If you get what I mean.

Not saying you'll be like that stereotype, just warning.
Don't worry. I'm only gonna be a watcher when it comes to humans and I'll put in only a little watcher-related dialogue if any. It's more of a background thing. Once I'm finished creating humanity, I'll play as more of a standard god on Arena.

Gods do this all the time by accident. I don't expect I'll purposely cause any strife but I can't promise it won't happen on its own.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:24:43 pm by Andres »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 21, 2015, 08:22:30 pm »

Just wait till I accidentally add a new chapter to the Tomes: "Gunpowder, Firebombs, and Weapons of War".
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 21, 2015, 08:24:53 pm »

Or just.. Yaknow. Make a unique character rather than a clone of the Emprah.
NOT PLAYING EMPEROR. Seriously, I made a sheet and it's got nothing to do with the Emperor. The only thing I'm doing similar to Emperor is having humans and I have a few reasons for having them.
First of all, they're a standard fantasy race I like.
Second, I can more or less predict what they're going to do and be like.
Third, the GM will have an easier time estimating what humans would do.
Fourth, it's rather likely that humanity will have a large amount of factions and cultures all independent of one-another, unlike the current races who have relatively small numbers of sub-groups. Diversity pleases my god because it produces so many different kinds of entertainment.

Well actually, only the Minds and Starborn (if you don't include the Pacifists) have something that can be called a monolithic culture. Most Free Folk groups may be warrior cultures, but Wallowings in general have diverse cultures and traditions. True, all have knowledge of Creation and the Free Wallows have an active hate of the Four Creator-Gods, each group has their own little traditions and cultures. Clugize for example is a pure theocracy. I just don't describe them because the turns are already averaging ~3000 words. Theoretically, the Eight Cities could each have different languages, architectural styles and customs. Some might only allow the elites to breed while others might breed as they desire. Same goes for the Free Wallows.  If humans were in the game, they'd get the same treatment.

It's hard to make humans interesting in these games if they're not present/planned from the start.

TBH it feels kind of unfair that I denied someone a spot in this to get in as a demigod and new gods jump in able to throw an MA around. I think it would be more interesting if we had a few more Ascendants instead.

All in due time. I can guarantee one Ascension next turn.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:30:28 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 21, 2015, 08:35:03 pm »

@Andres I didn't mean that gods who create friction is a bad thing. I meant that WHEN gods create friction, there are some players who stay on the sidelines and smirk to themselves. (Not just god games, roleplay in general. I've seen a lot if it, and I did it myself in the past.)

Friction is a good thing. Just not meta friction.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 21, 2015, 08:39:01 pm »

I guess I have to wait until the next turn before I do anything or is it possible for me to jump in now?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 21, 2015, 08:40:28 pm »

If you get in I'll send you a PM.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 21, 2015, 08:44:16 pm »

Well, Andres, one thing I feel you have inaccurate is the supposed non-diversity of the Wallowings: They've already fractured into a million groups; we never had any species-splitting of this magnitude last game, and I think the number of factions within the Wallowings beats out even the Fisher's Children lategame last game.

(seriously, it's a little bonkers, let me count:)

Fisher's Children:
1. Neiden's Empire (Elere)
2. Aztofi End Cults
3. Feimel's Mageslave Kingdoms
4. The Heretics
5. The non-Networld Plague-worshippers
6. The Plague Lords (distorted Fisher's Children)

Wallowings:
1. The Eight Cities of Gold
2. The Free Wallowings
3. The Free Folk/Feral Wallowings
4. Coceans
5. Willowmen (distorted Wallowings)
6. Boogiemen (cursed Wallowings)

I don't have a major problem with you making humans or anything, but do give the Wallowings a chance!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:52:56 pm by Powder Miner »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 21, 2015, 09:52:36 pm »

Most of the outside of Arena is an empty metal shell, if you wish to create a physical other world rather then a dimensional other world you could build it on the outer surface of Arena, the only competing item is the tower of joy, and the planet is very large, so you should have plenty of space.

Also many of the Wallowings are no longer photosynthetic and we even have some two legged ones, you could adapt the existing life forms rather then having to make a whole new group.

Or do your own thing, I am interested in that as well.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30