Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30

Author Topic: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[5/? God Slots] [2/4 Ascendants Slots]  (Read 25456 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

I'm trying this again.

Kalpa is a godgame where players are either gods or very lucky mortals who through their actions influence the future of Creation. In Kalpa, the universe is destined to be destroyed so that a new one may take its place, with new residents and deities. Perhaps such an an end can be delayed or even prevented. Or perhaps it cannot, perhaps the apocalypse will come regardless of action and the only way to survive is to actively destroy the Kalpa? Or perhaps, there is way to escape the Kalpa entirely? Who knows unless you try it for yourself?

A strong ability to roleplay is expected.

If you're still interested, read up on the rules below.

Spoiler: General Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Kalpas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sources of Power (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Apocalypse 101 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resurrection (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Sign-ups
Players will be chosen on merit. Good quality of writing helps. 4 starting gods will be accepted and 1 Ancient. Ascendants and Bound slots will emerge throughout the game. Don't worry if you don't get in the first time; The nature of the Kalpas will probably result in divine casualties. Please PM Ancient sheets.

Spoiler: Sign-Up Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example Sheet (click to show/hide)
Game thread
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:53:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa Reboot: A Godgame (OOC)[0/4]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:58:26 am »

Reserved
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 01:59:33 am »

Reserved
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 02:08:37 am »

Will complete soonish, just wanna finish reading rules.

Name: Orob
Role: God
Sphere: Time

Appearance: An intricate construct of transparent clockwork, with a fractal like progression of smaller and smaller gears the closer you look. The churning spinning of gears and axles is at once both pleasant and discomforting.

Personality: Orob is obsessed with the workings of time, studying time with a singleminded intensity. The passing of each second is meticulously recorded, anomalies in time feverishly studied. He hopes to bend time to his will, making it move slower or faster, or traveling through it. The apocalypse presents an interruption in the smooth flow of time, and the recording thereof, so Orob wishes break it's cyclical nature.

Description: [Can't think of anything to put here that isn't already in personality?]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:45:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 02:12:51 am »

I'll post a sheet for the Ancient soon. Can't wait to get this game started again!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 02:30:13 am »

I'll PM a sheet for the Ancient soon. Can't wait to get this game started again!
FTFY
Anyway, I think I might join too.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 02:40:12 am »

Name: Kerikavae.
Role: God.
Sphere: Thinking (Un)Death (More along the lines of thinking undead rather then mindless undead.)
Appearance: Kerikavae, as a god of death and thought, usually appears as a corpse or an amalgamation of corpses. Said corpse can vary in level of decay, anywhere from the bleached bones of a long dead skeletal husk, to the recently dead, of a time not even an hour past. Rarely, Kerikavae will appear in a dark red scholar's robe, nearly always holding a black unlabled book, a dark hood shadowing the face, none know what lies beneath, although many speculate it's corpselike.
Personality: Kerikavae could be described as a neutral, it doesn't appreciate the loss of minds through death, considers it wrong actually and he/it considers itself the father of thinking undead, and often even partly devote followers with unfinished business or simply not wishing to go to the void will find their lives don't quite end when their hearts grow cold. Sometimes this is seen as a curse, sometimes as a blessing, the extra time is simply what the follower makes of it. Kerikavae dislikes mindless undead, occasionally going so far as to bless them with thought. Although he is not against using them when needed. He considers himself a shepherd of souls, simply doing his best to ensure they don't linger too long and ensuring they proceed on to whatever destination lies in wait. Although on occasion he'll allow one to stay longer. He could be called kind on occasion, yet he could also be dubbed cruel, eternity is an awful thing to behold alone afterall.
Description: Directives on undead: Roaming mindless undead are to be removed, subjegated, or granted thought. The souls of the departed not tethered to their bodies are to be given gentle pushes towards passing on or tethered to their bodies for a prolonged stay should they so wish. Incorporeal Spirits overstaying their welcome are to be roughly shoved towards the door of the afterlife if they refuse to leave after their final business is complete or should it be deemed implausible by whichever attendant is dealing with it. A thinking undead who's body withers away to dust or is destroyed is to move on to the next stage of existence, their extension to mortality only lasts till their body is shattered or dust, at that point they are treated as Incorporeal Spirits. Kerikavae has an interest in creating a haven for the undead, both with thought and without, those who dabble in the magicks of life and death, and anything that simply has unfinished business in the mortal realms. He/it supports magic of all kinds, especially those that can revitalize the body or prolong one's mortal existence, becoming undead is not something to seek out without proper thought. Alternative ways to live longer are of interest to him. As for other deities, so long as they do not bother him, he will not bother them. No need to interact normally. No reason.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:20:54 am by Kevak »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 02:46:23 am »

Added a Combat section to the first post.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 02:46:53 am »

Ooh, interested. Will be watching even if I won't manage to get an app together.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 03:05:09 am »

Any feedback on mine by the way? *is curious to see what you think of it*

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 03:08:19 am »

Name: Kerikavae.
Role: God.
Sphere: Death/Undeath/Mind (Sorta all blurred into one, More along the lines of thinking undead rather then mindless undead.)
Appearance: Kerikavae, as a god of death and thought, usually appears as a corpse or an amalgamation of corpses. Said corpse can vary in level of decay, anywhere from the bleached bones of a long dead skeletal husk, to the recently dead, of a time not even an hour past. Rarely, Kerikavae will appear in a dark red scholar's robe, nearly always holding a black unlabled book, a dark hood shadowing the face, none know what lies beneath, although many speculate it's corpselike.
Personality: Kerikavae could be described as a neutral, it doesn't appreciate the loss of minds through death, considers it wrong actually and he/it considers itself the father of thinking undead, and often even partly devote followers with unfinished business or simply not wishing to go to the void will find their lives don't quite end when their hearts grow cold. Sometimes this is seen as a curse, sometimes as a blessing, the extra time is simply what the follower makes of it. Kerikavae dislikes mindless undead, occasionally going so far as to bless them with thought. Although he is not against using them when needed. He considers himself a shepherd of souls, simply doing his best to ensure they don't linger too long and ensuring they proceed on to whatever destination lies in wait. Although on occasion he'll allow one to stay longer. He could be called kind on occasion, yet he could also be dubbed cruel, eternity is an awful thing to behold alone afterall.
Description: Directives on undead: Roaming mindless undead are to be removed, subjegated, or granted thought. The souls of the departed not tethered to their bodies are to be given gentle pushes towards passing on or tethered to their bodies for a prolonged stay should they so wish. Incorporeal Spirits overstaying their welcome are to be roughly shoved towards the door of the afterlife if they refuse to leave after their final business is complete or should it be deemed implausible by whichever attendant is dealing with it. A thinking undead who's body withers away to dust or is destroyed is to move on to the next stage of existence, their extension to mortality only lasts till their body is shattered or dust, at that point they are treated as Incorporeal Spirits. Kerikavae has an interest in creating a haven for the undead, both with thought and without, those who dabble in the magicks of life and death, and anything that simply has unfinished business in the mortal realms. He/it supports magic of all kinds, especially those that can revitalize the body or prolong one's mortal existence, becoming undead is not something to seek out without proper thought. Alternative ways to live longer are of interest to him. As for other deities, so long as they do not bother him, he will not bother them. No need to interact normally. No reason.
Could you list only one sphere please? You don't have to change anything else, but only 1 sphere at game start. I should actually put that in the first post now that I think about it.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 03:20:23 am »

It's more of I'm not quite sure what fits that. It sorta takes elements from each one and mixes but completely ignores other elements. I guess death or undeath fits most though. Thinking Death maybe? I'll use Thinking (Un)death. That sorta works.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 03:57:36 am »

^Actually, one sphere is a lot, iirc. You can have death and be in control of like zombies and souls and everything. I could be wrong though.

Also, I just re-read the old game. Shame it died :c
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 04:04:46 am »

Yeah just as it was reaching the climax. I'll try to ensure that doesn't happen this time around.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 04:12:31 am »

It's sorta a small element of mind, mixed with deathy stuff and undeathy stuff. It's a bit specialized. So if you want him to wither your enemies, that ain't gonna happen, cause he doesn't do that kind of deathy stuff (maybe he could? idunno, not sure how spheres work). If you want him to curse them to an effective eternity of rotting painful sapient undeath, he can do that. Cause it's thinking undeath. Technically he could do nonsapient undeath, but he finds it distasteful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30