Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33814 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 8]
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2015, 11:47:39 pm »

So we're waiting on Pencil Art?

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2015, 11:48:43 pm »

Oops.

Pass.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2015, 05:59:52 am »

Round Nine

The world of Nursery dulls, even as new wonders spring beneath its surface.  Meanwhile the Infernal Realm only grows brighter.  The gods watch and wait...

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 9]
« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2015, 06:32:36 am »

It's technically possible for criptfiend to win this turn, if one of the other players co-operates with him. I hope he still wants to tie. Can we give mana to other players?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:38:03 am by Demonic Spoon »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2015, 08:46:19 am »

I would presume you can't give mana to each other, since it's not part of the rules. (Except possibly via land creation collaboration if you're allowed to decide who gets the mana credit)

And at any rate, I can't really win this turn, since I didn't bother protecting myself from you stabbing me in the back. So if one of the other players spreads himself into my lands, and I go for the win, you can just rekt me. So, I mean, morality of stabbing you in the back by breaking our agreement aside (at this point frankly I'd rather just tie then betray you. I'm like, 95% fine with a tie, the only thing that bugs me is the creation of the sentient species isn't a collaborative effort, but that's not worth a betrayal) it's not strategically a good idea short of the Improver just outright saying "You win this turn. I shall make it happen." Which strikes me unlikely.

So basically that long meandering post is my way of saying plz don't kill me demonic spoon senpai.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 06, 2015, 09:05:58 am »

So basically that long meandering post is my way of saying plz don't kill me demonic spoon senpai.
Kay, I won't. Promise!  :)  (The more I try to sound sincere the less sincere I sound. Problematic.  :( )

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2015, 09:42:27 am »

Also I've just realized that we're at a bit of a impasse right now. Demonic Spoon can't spend his mana because he needs to save it to kill me if I betray him if another player spreads into a unfortunates place, I can't spend my mana because I need to be able to spread correctly if Demonic Spoon betrays me, and the Improver (probably) doesn't want to spend his mana until Demonic spoon goes, because although he's in a poor position to win the game, he could play kingmaker, currently that doesn't net him anything because his two choices are allied, but if one of them betrays the other and he swoops in he'll get the winner of this round in his debt, the alliance of which is probably the best thing he can get from this round.

Of course, the solution to this impasses if for me to trust Demonic spoon and take my turn because then demonic spoon can take his turn in the knowledge that I can't betray him, and then the improver can take his turn. Of course, Demonic spoon still needs to go before the improver does. So hopefully he'll go after I take my turn. Otherwise I am fuuuuuucked.

Along the shores of the roiling sea, a strange group of creatures basked in the weak light of the infernal realm. Lumpy and misshapen, they were a small group of Sirens. Driven from their homes by roaming aquamen they had been pushed up onto land. They wandered aimlessly along the beach, until eventually one of their number moved over a hill and spotted something gleaming in the distance. A mound of crystal upon the ground. A Constructors nest! The Siren moves over to it and smashes it open, absorbing the essence of the pebble within. It opens it mouth and for the first time upon the surface the mournful song of the Siren is heard across the lands. Some distances away a tribe of Bowlmen hear this cry, and start wandering towards it, instinctively seeking out the possible alchemical properties held within the strange new beast.

The Mites, still being infused with the majesty of the infernal real, continue to spread across the surface.

Spread T2 ;Siren' to The Oaken Glade -15 Mana
Spread T3 'Bowlmen' to The Oaken Glade -20 Mana
Spread P 'Majesty Mites' to the Roiling Hills -5 Mana

There. Now Demonic Spoon can take his turn, since it's not possible for me to win this turn. And the others can spread to the Lightseen Caverns or the Roiling Hills, safe in the knowledge that it won't make me win this turn.

Anyway. Now, hopefully Demonic Spoon can take his turn. And NOT decide to kill me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2015, 09:46:02 am »

Also typos that I can't fix.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*dead*

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2015, 09:51:36 am »

((Can't edit your post for some reason? Hugs.))

The Supreme Radiant watched the Jester playing around with its toys. While the Improver was still a problematic element, the Supreme Radiant would have to hope it was sensible enough to realize that any hostile action at this delicate juncture would be met with an overwhelming response.

Trust is indeed a precious commodity it would seem.

The Fire Eaters spread once more, paving the way for the Echoes to spawn ever great storms of fire across the skies of the Infernal Realm. Some Sparkings leapt into existence, unnoticed among the glory of the titans of crystal and flame.

Action 1: Fire Eaters spread to Raging Volcano -20 Mana
Action 2: Echoes spread to Raging Volcano -25 Mana
Action 3: Sparklings spread at the Raging Volcano -5 Mana

Turn Complete
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:09:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 07, 2015, 03:14:29 am »

Hmm...Pass. Again.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 07, 2015, 03:16:14 am »

Pass.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 07, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »

Pass

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 08, 2015, 08:51:54 am »

So New Round! ?

Micelus, can I post my turn or are you gonna destroy my stuff?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:58:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 08, 2015, 11:32:45 am »

Round Ten

Life flourishes on Nursery and the Infernal Realm, despite the ice and cold that envelop the former world.  The possibility of sapience looms as the webs of life reach a point of ideal complexity, but whether civilisation will emerge on the world of ice or the world of fire remains unknown...

Spoiler: The Skies of Nursery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Glen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Roiling Sea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lightseen Caverns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Infernal Realm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 10]
« Reply #389 on: June 08, 2015, 11:35:03 am »

So, while this round ends, I've come up with rules for the next Era.  I want your thoughts on them, as I think I'm hitting complexity penalties with it.  What can I balance, what can I simplify, what can I improve?

Spoiler: Second Era Rules (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28