Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26128 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

21 -  8 = 13 out of 21
13 + 5 = 18 out of 21
18 + 2 = 20 out of 23

Seems I forgot to add the 5 from the Leech. Genius mode, engaged!

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

21 -  8 = 13 out of 21
13 + 5 = 18 out of 21
18 + 2 = 20 out of 23

Seems I forgot to add the 5 from the Leech. Genius mode, engaged!
Woohoo for extra XP!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update or what are we supposed to do now, again?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'll have it soon. I'm doing housework; I should be done within the hour.

For the Wolf T4 buff, do you want it phrased as "Add +3 between up to 3 your stats per 6 MP for 2 rounds" or specifically "+2 to Strength and Speed for 2 rounds per 6 MP" ?

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'll have it soon. I'm doing housework; I should be done within the hour.

For the Wolf T4 buff, do you want it phrased as "Add +3 between up to 3 your stats per 6 MP for 2 rounds" or specifically "+2 to Strength and Speed for 2 rounds per 6 MP" ?
I'd rather a priority on logic like that rather than stacking on wisdom to theoretically be like a wolf
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You attempt use your newfound power upon the Elf again, only to lose control of the spell. You still liberate a trickle of his energy, however, and his sword arm twitches slightly. As you attempt to close into sword range, he quickly slashes at your own sword arm with the edge of the spear (2 HP Slashing damage) before casually driving the point of his sword underneath your other shoulder, up and through the other side (8 HP Piercing damage + 1 HP Unblockable damage per round.)

The loss of your other arm doesn't stop you from carving a line of blood at an angle up his abdomen, across his chest, and nearly severing the offending limb (12 HP Slashing damage +1 HP Unblockable damage per round.) . You don't think you managed to cut very deep in the beginning, as he retreats, discouraging your advance with the Halfspear. He does NOT look happy, and as you watch, you see his eyes look down at the sand, his knees beginning to bend, and the swirl of his aura that came before the previous time he set out to replace a limb.

Enemy: Level 6 Wood Elf, Seriously Wounded, Bleeding (16? HP / 15? MP, 3 AP)
- A1: Flesh of the Earth
- A2: Defend?
- A3: ? ? ? ? ? ?

You: Level 5 Minotaur, Moderately Wounded, Bleeding , Impaled (28/38 HP, 14/23 MP, 2 AP [2 HP Vengeance, 1 HP Retribution, 5/10 Rage Counters])

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:05:09 pm by Ross Vernal »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

How about... Cast Death Leech on his chest, then Gore him. Feel the anger.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leech
Leech

If we get lucky enough, we can kill him outright or prevent him from regrowing his arm.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Remove Weapon From Shoulder,
Then attack with a Horns of Steel using 5 MP
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

How about... Cast Death Leech on his chest, then Gore him. Feel the anger.

+1

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leech
Leech

If we get lucky enough, we can kill him outright or prevent him from regrowing his arm.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, it might be even better to do Leech than I initially thought. The same aura that appeared when he grew his leg has appeared again, but what if he's not regrowing his arm? What if he's preparing a super-amazing insta-kill magic spell? It would be in our best interest to defuse that as soon as possible.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

As the Elf sets up the spell to restore limb function to himself with the sand, you oblige his distance requirement by pulling away his energy again (-5 MP +10 MP), managing to ignore or at least tolerate the pain in your arm. With his arm restored, the Elf grabs the spear with both hands and lunges forward with the spear, apparently off-balance as it misses. You step in to take advantage of the opportunity, and fast as a snake, the Elf pulls back the spear and drives it into your stomach, punching through the plate armor and stopping on the other side (11 Slashing Damage).

[Rage Counters (5+6)/10]

You immediately ENRAGE, and forget the plan of using auric powers in favor of POWERMURDERING THE TREEMOUNTER!

With a MIGHTY BELLOW, you grab for the TWOLEGS and tilt your head, ramming your MIGHTY HORN through his throat and shattering teeth on the way out of his mouth. Through some freak of nature, the Elf struggles to hold onto life, grabs hold of the sword, and rams it through downwards into your lungs, point digging for your heart as he twists. (14 Piercing Damage)

You violently shake your head back and forth, and something cracks as the agony inside you stops moving so much. You stagger at the dead weight and
black out trying to get him off. Your last memory is the bloody sand rushing up to meet you.

You: ENRAGED Level 6 Minotaur, Near Death 2/44

Pain.

You wake up, feeling sore, disoriented, and rather like you have a broken rib. Beside you is a bag filled with the coin from your last victory.

"It's all there - less fees."

You turn your head to the side to stare at the Sun Elf.

"What is more important is that you've proven your dedication again. When you've purchased your right to acquire sponsors, you'll have our support, and you are always welcome in any temple. The Goddess has spoken."

The Elf repeats any, and stands up to leave. You open your mouth to ask a question, but find yourself short of breath, and the healer (or assistant, you're really not at all familiar with the uniforms returns to fuss over you.

After a few more days of treatment that turns the "about five hundred" into "exactly five hundred" and leaves you healthy but scarred, you consider what to do.

What are you going to apply the General Level to?

What are you going to do with the money?
A) Buy a weapon. I'm not going to rent low-quality gear or keep relying on the Steel Shortsword. It's too damn short!
B) Buy a better room!
C) Pay tithes to Liagora
D) Put money towards the Contract
E) Seek training in a level I have
F) Seek training in a level I don't have
G) Bank the gold
H) Buy supplies for battle
I) Buy post-battle healing at a discounted rate in advance
J) Something else
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:24:01 am by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Olsha Rossalina: Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Plot 'n' Shop 2
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2015, 01:28:13 am »

It came down to "Who gets the next hit in?

You tied three times in a row before your 17 trumped his 16, and you took the last 2 HP off. If it'd gone the other way, you would have had a Heroic Sacrifice bonus for the next Gladiator, and when the Elf showed up again, he'd have another level in Gladiator.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Olsha Rossalina: Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Plot 'n' Shop 2
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2015, 01:31:49 am »

Man...

I say we Pay tithe again!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24