Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: ARCHESTONE - 4/4 - The Despoiled Temple  (Read 13925 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: ARCHESTONE - 4/4 - The Despoiled Temple
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2015, 09:47:29 pm »

"Hey Essel, is it safe in there?"

Slope, meanwhile, ravaged through the stores. The bread was stale and hard as a rock, but he was hungry.

"I found some food here," he said with his mouth stuffed.

Look for some sort of sack to carry grain and bread. We might need it to travel.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2015, 02:48:55 am »

Looks like it. Save some for me will you?

Poke the pieces of glass. What are they? Look in the barrels.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2015, 04:33:44 am »

'Meaningless, eh?'

Karia raised her blade, its point aimed at the speaker. She looked over to Sucana with a questioning glance.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2015, 08:23:18 am »

"...your deaths will be a mercy, for all of us." Sucana said resolutely.

Action: Administer the gift of mercy to these suffering monks. Go for the heads.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2015, 10:07:34 am »

Execute. Make it as fast as possible.

Karia thrusted forward with the blade, at the neck. Her face was flat, neither grimacing or smiling.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2015, 12:59:25 pm »

Sučana and Karia give death to the monks. Some struggle against their impaling spikes and try to get away from the blades; some merely accept their destruction without words. Their vile blood oozes down the statues to drip on the floor.

Slope picks up one of the sacks. Half full of wheat already, he stuffs it with the hard, flat loaves. Without a backpack, however, he is forced to carry it in one hand. The bread he tears at is coarse in texture, hard with age, but he gulps it down gratefully.

Essel examines the lantern and the glass slides. On close inspection, there's tiny marks on the surface of the glass - too small to read with ease. Most of the barrels are sealed: rapping your knuckles on them suggests liquid contents. A couple are open, however: one contains a pair of pickaxes, and the other has a bundle wrapped in cloth at the bottom.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Author's note (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2015, 01:08:34 pm »

"...foul business. Let's scavenge whatever we can from this haunted place, and be gone."

Action: Sucana goes to help search and prise the lids off the barrels with her sword to determine their contents. Eat some bread I find, if I'm hungry at all.

Also, if I can find a sack, go back and put my sunmote in it. Perhaps muffle the light in extra layers of cloth, if possible.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2015, 01:13:12 pm »

'Aye, though we best make a choice whilst we're waiting on the others.'

Karia gestures at the three doors that are as of yet unopened.

Karia gets a sack and attempts to fashion a bag that will fasten over a shoulder. Either way, she takes it and puts in some food, before helping prise open barrels.

Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2015, 06:02:48 pm »

"Hey, Essel found some pickaxes! I think they're better than those rust-on-hilts you people are carrying."

Meanwhile, Slope uncovered what was bundled under the cloth.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2015, 06:13:25 pm »

Take one of the pickaxes. Don't waste your edge, Sucana. He makes sure she's out of the way before driving the pick through the top of one of the barrel's and withdrawing it.

Take the lantern and the pieces of glass. Try holding one of the pieces of glass up with the lantern behind it to cast the shadow of the letters against the wall.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2015, 10:38:48 am »

What edge? I might as well be using a club." Sucana scoffs.

She considers throwing her blade to the ground dramatically in a fit of royal rage, but only for a moment.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2015, 08:47:27 pm »

Karia joins Essel and Slope in the storerooms. With the blade, she brutalises one of the grain sacks to gain strips of rough sackcloth. With those, she successfully ties them round another sack, gaining a primitive bag she fills with bread and salt beef before slinging over her back.

Slope looks under the cloth. Inside, wrapped delicately in a crinkling paper, was a small grey crystal. He could feel the vibration of power - not physically, but like a ringing in his soul.

Essel holds up the glass slabs. On the wall is projected liens of writing - though the rough stone and flickering light make it had to read, he figures out it's a bunch of prayers to the King. Where the Heroes are mentioned, the Fallen's name is carefully scratched out to illegibility. He picks up a pickaxe, the wood of the handle scratched with axe. The head is iron or steel - study, and without rust. Without enough hands, he places down his sword - the heavy pickaxe takes two hands to swing effectively.

Sučana remembers the leather bag she saw in the ossurary, and grabs it. Something clinks inside, and when she peers within there are thirteen flecks of blue crystal - roughly hexagonal in shape. She brings it through to the storeroom, where she assaults the barrels along with Essel. The smell of spirits and lamp oil fills the air. The barrels are study, but do not hold up to their combined forces.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Author's note (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2015, 09:23:03 pm »

"Hm. Curious."

Slope stuffed the grey crystal into his pocket, hoping to find out what it was later.
Dying of laughter?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2015, 08:35:08 am »

Karia looks at the pickaxes for a moment before dismissing them. She preffered something less heavy.

That said, she picked up the dropped sword. It may be blunt, but it could easily enough be used for parrying.

"There're a lot of strange things here. It's starting to put me on edge."

Karia didn't trust that whose use wasn't immediately obvious. She stared into space for a moment, caught in a memory. No, definitely not to be trusted.

Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2015, 04:50:24 pm »

Open the nearest door.

I hope there aren't any skeletons behind this do-o-o-or-! Essel said so loudly so any hiding skeletons would hear it and know he was aware of their presence.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:54:35 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19