Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: ARCHESTONE - 4/4 - The Despoiled Temple  (Read 13922 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: ARCHESTONE - 4/4 - The Despoiled Temple
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2015, 08:48:32 am »

Sucana rolled the tiny gem in her hand, letting her senses expand-she had already gotten used to the fact that the Archestone was helping them in small ways.

...Impossible to forge or fake, the tingle of magic one gets on contact is proof of their validity...

"I do believe this might be a form of currency, or identification of some sort." She announces. "It has all the signs-small, easy to transport in hand, and my senses tell me they are impossible to falsify..."

Action: Busy Turn. Backtrack and see if I can fit my sunmote in my messenger bag, then do so if possible. Then rejoin the group. Also, eat some bread and drink some water, if I need it, and it's available and the skeletons don't attack us.

Place the blue flecks in my pockets.

((OOC: Don't forget to read your character sheets guys. Gurglemask likes to puts little hints and clues in our inventory.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2015, 10:47:21 am »

Slope puts away the crystal. Perhaps he'd try to unlock its mysteries later.

Karia picked up the sword. With one in each hand, it will be unwieldy to use both at once.

Essel opens the door, hoping for no necromantic surprises. Fortunately, he sees no skeletons hiding - just a narrow corridor with doors opposite those of the storeroom. To his right another wooden door finishes slamming shut, the sound echoing through the corridors. It would seem you've just missed whatever entered that room. To his left the corridor curves into shadow. Tiny candles flicker in the draft in alcoves in the walls, sending shadows dancing across the blocks.

Sučana heads back, but the Sunmote is gone. Perhaps one of her allies had picked it up. Foiled, she returns and chews on a hard loaf. The bread is unappetising, but until she eats she doesn't realise how hungry she was. She looks around for water, but there is none to be found - instead she cups a hand and takes a few mouthfuls of beer from the broken barrels. It is bitter on her tongue as it goes down.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Author's note (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2015, 10:56:21 am »

Karia weighed the blades in her hands, wondering over to Essel. They were even more unwieldy than she had been expecting, and if it came to a fight she'd likely have to throw one away. She smiled briefly as she mentally replaced away with towards.

She grimaces at the corridor, unaware of the thing that passed through just before.

"Great. More dark corridors." She sighed, before pointing her swords in opposite directions.

"Any preference?"

((OOC: Does the corridor continue to the right, or is it just a door?))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2015, 11:08:13 am »

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2015, 11:11:00 am »

"The door first, I guess." Sucana said dourly, packing some of the jerky in her bag for later. She didn't really want to know what sort of animal it had come from.

"Here's hoping for some more excitement...Necromonks are pretty small scale compared to what I've seen in my life.

You know I killed a Dragon once? He was such an exquisite dancer, and had excellent taste in art-he liked to collect pretty young women...it was something of a shame."
she says wistfully, swinging her sword into guard position and advancing on the door.

Action: Store some rations in my messenger bag.

Then action kick the door to the right open!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2015, 11:20:29 am »

Karia snorted.

"A dragon?"

She hesitated for a moment before she continued.

"Hell, we've just been fighting....necromonks." She let the word hang for a second. "Why not a dragon?"

She was starting to warm back to the afterlife idea. Being dead would certainly explain the company, and all the magic around. Magic was very definitely real where she came from, and she had even been known to use a minor spell or two herself on rare occasion, but on any scale like the monks, or a dragon - unheard of.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2015, 11:24:11 am »

"Well, we do lack a torsion powered ballista, the fresh corpse of an Oxen, a strapless green silk evening dress, and a forty pound barrel of explosive powder. It might be a bit more difficult for me this time." Sucana says, absolutely deadpan.

She's really good at that.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2015, 11:29:25 am »

Kaira snorted once more.

"A ballista and a barrel of black powder." She shakes her head. "Clearly skills worth bragging about."

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2015, 11:37:31 am »

"Oh, I'm sure you would have dealt with it in a more honorable fashion." Sucana comments dryly. "Perhaps riding a shining white battle charger into it's cave, lance drawn-perhaps with trumpeters to announce your arrival? Perhaps you would have demanded it meet you at dawn to duel? It would have blown your bones to the Wastes of Naar, or put you in a golden cage with the rest of the pretty girls. Well, maybe on the back shelf somewhere...

It was kidnapping and eating the local peasantry. I wouldn't have won a fair battle. So what was my incentive to fight fair?"
She sniffs.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2015, 11:41:19 am »

"Oh, I laud your decision to fight dirty." She grins, ignoring the jibe.

"It is the fact that you failed to mention this on the first occasion that I object to. After all, we can't all have access to ballistae and gunpowder quite so readily."

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2015, 11:47:43 am »

"We do have a decent quantity of lamp oil and spirits, though, I noted-in the barrels we passed earlier. Maybe not enough to kill Terriblis Draco, but it would surely deal with a Wyvern, a Basilisk, or a Giglabeast. Do try and stay aware, darling-it might save your life one day..."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »

Karia sighed, resisting the urge to throw her spare sword at Sucana. She would have preferred a horde of monks over more condescension from a silver spoon.

Through the door to the right. Be ready for combat.

Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2015, 05:14:40 pm »

Well, maybe on the back shelf somewhere...

Wow.

Slope decided to follow the two women as Sucana kicked down the door. He nearly tripped in the dark; unusual for him, but he was entranced by the stories of dragons. There were no such thing where he came from.

Follow Sucana and Karia.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2015, 05:29:13 pm »

I saw someone go through there! We can't let him escape! He rushed over to the door as quietly as possible, holding up one hand to signal for silence.

Essel gently unlatched the door before letting Sucana kick it open, then rushed inside with his pick held up, ready to strike anyone who might be on the other side.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2015, 10:36:43 am »

Essel quietly unlatches the door before Sučana boots it open. It flies wide open, slamming against the wall with a deafening crash. To your surprise, the room appears to be empty of any monks, undead or alive.

The room is large, with rough walls leading up into a shadowed, heavily cragged ceiling - it does not have the smooth blocks of the previous rooms. The broken remnants of furniture are already scattered around the door.

At the centre of the room is a well - the pit is dark, with a shin-high ledge around it, and the sound of rushing water can be heard from within.

A small pile of dessicated bodies rests at the far end, and a dozen buckets are strew around the room, some with thread-worn ropes tied to the handle. A metal ring is set deep into the stone on the right side of the room. A final body rests underneath it. Clad in an leather breastplate and iron helm, a wooden kite shield decays next to him, three of the bone spikes projecting from it like arrows. A fourth bone spike sank deep into the gut of the body, perhaps what lead to the warrior's eventual death.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Author's note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19