Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83723 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2015, 07:50:19 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Snapdragon
Cave 3N
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2015, 09:25:35 pm »

((Edit: once again, sorry for the giant post. My action is basically "Make a hole. Try to make it away from the brain. Look down and jump down if it looks fine." The rest are there to give reasons to give those actions better odds of succeeding.))

Cave 3N
Good. I have a possible way out. If it's an exit then I won't have to go with my more... creative plans for getting out of here.

Now all I really need is a ton of luck and a good entrance... Question is, what should I go with? This is a situation unlike anything I've ever faced before. I am going to be going up against an intelligence unlike anything I've ever known. Even in its half-asleep, disconnected state, it's probably going to act and react in ways I could never expect. It's sure to have prepared something for me. So I'm going to have to work hard to prepare something for it. But I can't stay here for long, cause I'll either get stuck or it'll come to me while I'm unprepared. In short, it's show time and what I'm up against is unlike any audience I've ever faced before. So once again the question is, what one liner should I go with?

Oh, I know! I'll go with a classic...

Can I see where the nerves are? Holes of melted/vaporised flesh in the wall that point to where the nerves are going? Also note that I know, that I started digging north and that hopefully my compass works and/or my sense of orientation is good and that the area around the brain probably exhibits somewhat radial symmetry.

Use that information if available to position the beam in an almost horizontal but slightly downward line away from where I think the brain is.
Ideally, I'm aiming for somewhere close to a wall or pillar where the ceiling is low but not so low that I can't at least walk slowly through, but that's not as important as not hitting the brain.

Once ready, either use the mining laser for what it was intended and make a hole on the floor or simply punch/kinamp punch through it if I can't laser it due to slag or if it would take too long.

"Surprise motherfucker!"

I'm planning for the semi-motlen rock will fall down into the cave below, thereby freeing me of slag and giving me a view to what's below. Be ready to take some steps back or forward to avoid falling down/getting shot/getting stuck in slag.

"Sorry for spilling my hot slag all over your carpet. But that's what happens when someone is as hot as I am. Let's hope it doesn't leave a stain."

Look down and use my hand cameras (or one of my spoons as a mirror if the hand cameras have been damaged for some reason) to look inside (open light amps or light lamps if the glowing slag is not providing enough illumination).

If there's no deathtraps below me that the slag did not take care of, switch rainbow cannon to green shotgun and jump down.

"Hope you don't mind me dropping in unannounced. But I was in a real hurry to get down to business. Didn't mean to get the drop on you."

Once inside, continue assaulting the brain with terrible puns and old references. Also take a look around with cam-eyes and assess the situation. Is the brain here? Can I laser it free without it falling into a lava pit or similar brain destroying stuff?

If it's not here, run towards where the nerves are pointing, unless there's something in the way.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:54:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 19, 2015, 02:42:56 am »

"HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP NOW HELP!"
Use all the strength I have to pull away from the ground and saw at one line along tentacles over helmet in the direction of this pull.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:57:30 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2015, 07:39:13 am »

work on keeping the wounded alive while trying to keep the flesh from grabbing anyone
some one cover me while I work in the wounded and those trapped by the flesh!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:15:13 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2015, 08:23:02 am »

explore helmet functions using mouth(do not proceed to suck or blow any phallic objects

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2015, 09:21:27 am »

Use mass manipulation amplifier to force the flesh away from Konrad's upper body, so he can escape.

"Since none of you seem to be interested in helping Konrad, try to free the jeep. Unless you all feel like walking to that cave entrance. Cut it free, you might damage it trying to pull it out."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2015, 09:42:36 am »

((I recommend abandoning the jeep. it has served its purpose.))
I move to the covered cave entrance and attempt to locate a thin spot in the skin and use my knife to make an opening there that I can fit through. Then I look through the opening and then jump in, having made sure that I'm not just feeding myself to the planet or any other similarly stupid shenanigans.

if the skin seems too thick to make the opening required, then I don't anger the thing pointlessly and instead watch my surroundings and wait for backup.

if I jump in and am immediately under threat, I will use my amps for self-defense if needed. if not necessary and the threat can simply be evaded or handled with the knife easily then I do that instead.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:45:13 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2015, 11:05:02 am »

"O Algis, guide my hands, that they may honor you in the defense of my teammates!"

Defend and help teammates as best as my giant robot self can.  Keep an eye out for approaching new threats.

Use all the strength I have to pull away from the ground and saw at one line along tentacles over helmet in the direction of this pull.

Like this guy
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:49:23 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2015, 03:50:33 pm »

Y. Vetrov

Try to pull the jeep out of whatever ditch it is in.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 19, 2015, 04:04:50 pm »

"O Algis, guide my hands, that they may honor you in the defense of my teammates!"

Defend and help teammates as best as my giant robot self can.  Keep an eye out for approaching new threats.
"LARS HELP PULL OR HELP CUT ME OUT NOW! I DON'T HAVE LONG BEFORE MY HELM GIVES WAY PLEASE THANKYOU!"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2015, 04:16:09 pm »

"LARS HELP PULL OR HELP CUT ME OUT NOW! I DON'T HAVE LONG BEFORE MY HELM GIVES WAY PLEASE THANKYOU!"

- You're getting help. Hasala is about to use his manipulator. Be ready to jerk back when he frees you from crushing mass.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2015, 04:29:55 pm »

(((So I took the door off the jeep I'm case we needed to use it as a shield, correct?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2015, 04:49:38 pm »

"Coming to your aid, brother!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2015, 02:30:44 am »

- You're getting help. Hasala is about to use his manipulator. Be ready to jerk back when he frees you from crushing mass.
"Coming to your aid, brother!"
"I am missing an arm and a leg I may not be strong enough on my own especially if Hasala isn't damaging enough to the flesh. My thanks brother Lars!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2015, 08:53:12 pm »

explore helmet functions using mouth(do not proceed to suck or blow any phallic objects
DIDN'T CLOSE THE PARENTHESIS, DOESN'T COUNT!

You use your tongue to manipulate the joystick and play a heated game of "snake"

work on keeping the wounded alive while trying to keep the flesh from grabbing anyone
some one cover me while I work in the wounded and those trapped by the flesh!
Use mass manipulation amplifier to force the flesh away from Konrad's upper body, so he can escape.

"Since none of you seem to be interested in helping Konrad, try to free the jeep. Unless you all feel like walking to that cave entrance. Cut it free, you might damage it trying to pull it out."

Like this guy
Over half the team spends this entire turn just yanking, cutting or pulling Konrad out of the ground and tossing him into the jeep's back seat.

Y. Vetrov

Try to pull the jeep out of whatever ditch it is in.
You pull the jeep out of the ditch.

((I recommend abandoning the jeep. it has served its purpose.))
I move to the covered cave entrance and attempt to locate a thin spot in the skin and use my knife to make an opening there that I can fit through. Then I look through the opening and then jump in, having made sure that I'm not just feeding myself to the planet or any other similarly stupid shenanigans.

if the skin seems too thick to make the opening required, then I don't anger the thing pointlessly and instead watch my surroundings and wait for backup.

if I jump in and am immediately under threat, I will use my amps for self-defense if needed. if not necessary and the threat can simply be evaded or handled with the knife easily then I do that instead.
You walk over to the strange circular indentation and, after a bit of prodding, stick stick your knife in. Then something odd happens. The flesh peels open, like a giant eyelid, revealing whats beneath. Turns out, that small area you were cutting into was a gap. A gap in the center of an enormous maw, a ring of teeth. And now that maw is open. And smiling its lamprey smile right at you.

((Edit: once again, sorry for the giant post. My action is basically "Make a hole. Try to make it away from the brain. Look down and jump down if it looks fine." The rest are there to give reasons to give those actions better odds of succeeding.))

Cave 3N
Good. I have a possible way out. If it's an exit then I won't have to go with my more... creative plans for getting out of here.

Now all I really need is a ton of luck and a good entrance... Question is, what should I go with? This is a situation unlike anything I've ever faced before. I am going to be going up against an intelligence unlike anything I've ever known. Even in its half-asleep, disconnected state, it's probably going to act and react in ways I could never expect. It's sure to have prepared something for me. So I'm going to have to work hard to prepare something for it. But I can't stay here for long, cause I'll either get stuck or it'll come to me while I'm unprepared. In short, it's show time and what I'm up against is unlike any audience I've ever faced before. So once again the question is, what one liner should I go with?

Oh, I know! I'll go with a classic...

Can I see where the nerves are? Holes of melted/vaporised flesh in the wall that point to where the nerves are going? Also note that I know, that I started digging north and that hopefully my compass works and/or my sense of orientation is good and that the area around the brain probably exhibits somewhat radial symmetry.

Use that information if available to position the beam in an almost horizontal but slightly downward line away from where I think the brain is.
Ideally, I'm aiming for somewhere close to a wall or pillar where the ceiling is low but not so low that I can't at least walk slowly through, but that's not as important as not hitting the brain.

Once ready, either use the mining laser for what it was intended and make a hole on the floor or simply punch/kinamp punch through it if I can't laser it due to slag or if it would take too long.

"Surprise motherfucker!"

I'm planning for the semi-motlen rock will fall down into the cave below, thereby freeing me of slag and giving me a view to what's below. Be ready to take some steps back or forward to avoid falling down/getting shot/getting stuck in slag.

"Sorry for spilling my hot slag all over your carpet. But that's what happens when someone is as hot as I am. Let's hope it doesn't leave a stain."

Look down and use my hand cameras (or one of my spoons as a mirror if the hand cameras have been damaged for some reason) to look inside (open light amps or light lamps if the glowing slag is not providing enough illumination).

If there's no deathtraps below me that the slag did not take care of, switch rainbow cannon to green shotgun and jump down.

"Hope you don't mind me dropping in unannounced. But I was in a real hurry to get down to business. Didn't mean to get the drop on you."

Once inside, continue assaulting the brain with terrible puns and old references. Also take a look around with cam-eyes and assess the situation. Is the brain here? Can I laser it free without it falling into a lava pit or similar brain destroying stuff?

If it's not here, run towards where the nerves are pointing, unless there's something in the way.

As you plot your way in, your cam eyes pick up movement. A wriggling shutter that seems to come from somewhere northward and shivers through the rock, through the cave, and continues south. The entire cave structure lights up for a moment, like a sonar pulse. And there's something inside it. Something that takes up basically the entire width of the cave and stretches north and south on to seeming infinity.

And it's starting to move.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51