Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83686 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2015, 04:06:06 am »

((Great, now keep dragging my corpse along with you guys! While I want to make a new character, I'm not quite ready to lose this one.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 16, 2015, 06:40:13 am »

The starfish is dead by the way. I had to write the turn quick because my pc was restarting.
((Ahh windows updater and its constant desire to interrupt things  :P))
Assist with own escape from flesh planet via stabbing and whatnot
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:47:22 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2015, 08:23:38 am »

Y. Vetrov - back on the ground

Land, let Han go. Then come closer to dead starfish and take a chunk of its carapace for future study. If there is a riot shield-sized (assuming riot shield size fitting my current body), take it to use as a shield. Then spray starfish thoroughly with namite and let it burn.

That done, do my best to assist people being eaten, unless there is other impending doom-biomachine is coming at us. Then collect what left of John and Aoshima and gather the deceased (and their stuff) and those rendered incapable by injuries in one place, in trench, perhaps, or in jeep. If we still have a gunnerbot around order it to guard them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:59:42 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2015, 09:50:38 am »

Hasala turns from the dead starfish to the scene at the jeep, his sigh of relief turning into a sigh of exasperation. "What were you two even doing? We're at the nerve cluster, and I retrieved a sample of the Haebi back at the landing site."

Use my laser rifle to cut the ground in a circle around where it's trapping Konrad's arm. If that doesn't sever nerves and free him, laser his arm off, unless he or someone else manages to free him in the meantime. Hand laser rifle to Lars to cauterize Billy's stump, if he accepts.
Does my sharksuit still have a hole in it? If so, start dabbing all this lost blood on its edges.

"Lars, can you cauterize Billy's stump? Your aim is better than mine."

Quote from: Hasala Nabin To: Lyra Arden
The starfish-shaped Haebi is dead, though I doubt that was the only reason you ran off. Let us know if you find anything.

((Assuming nothing else happens this turn, we'll get started on digging an actual tunnel next turn, unless anyone has a better idea.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2015, 02:28:02 pm »

"Yes, Brother Commander."

Set medium dispersion and lowest intensity, and try to cauterize that stump.  Hand it back either way.  Otherwise, eyes out for new threats.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 16, 2015, 09:54:35 pm »

"I guess all that's left is cleanup. Aren't we supposed to collect the heads of dead teammates for some weird reason?"

Sit in jeep, be on watch for approaching threats. Have my monomachete in hand.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 16, 2015, 10:09:39 pm »

"I guess all that's left is cleanup. Aren't we supposed to collect the heads of dead teammates for some weird reason?"

for a project I'm going to work on
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 16, 2015, 11:08:32 pm »

"No projects involving severed heads. They can be revived back on the Paracelsus' Sword, as long as the brain is intact and hasn't started to break down. The time limit is about four or five hours, which is plenty of time for this mission. And Yaroslav looks to be already retrieving Johnothen's head."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2015, 10:35:08 am »

"No projects involving severed heads. They can be revived back on the Paracelsus' Sword, as long as the brain is intact and hasn't started to break down. The time limit is about four or five hours, which is plenty of time for this mission. And Yaroslav looks to be already retrieving Johnothen's head."
so no flesh golems?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2015, 10:45:25 am »

so no flesh golems?

- I'll take that as your last will in case you die. I'll hand over your remains to Doc with a note asking to make a flesh golem out of these instead of reviving, you have my word on that.
Yaroslav's tone is bitter.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2015, 03:30:36 pm »

so no flesh golems?

- I'll take that as your last will in case you die. I'll hand over your remains to Doc with a note asking to make a flesh golem out of these instead of reviving, you have my word on that.
Yaroslav's tone is bitter.
fine no implanting people into robot bodies or mad science brining people back in bodies that are a mess of flesh and bone
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2015, 09:02:46 pm »

boy oh boy am I glad I'm still conscious to hear all this.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2015, 08:32:04 am »

Be ready to amppunch anything mushroomy and hostile close enough to me.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2015, 10:12:58 am »

boy oh boy am I glad I'm still conscious to hear all this.
dont worry even if I did turn you into a Frankenstein you would be a sentient, intelligent frankensein
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2015, 06:03:01 pm »

I continue my minimal-impact search.

note that just like before, I'm being really cautious here and am expecting to have to dodge or sprint away any second. better to go slow and be ready for the planet's next murder attempt than to move quickly into my grave.
You make it another space north and see what looks like a large depression covered by the skin, a sort of circular hole that appears to have been grown over.

((Sorry, forgot to post last turn.
And thank you for your answer piecewise. Just wanted a clarification.))

Just keep digging, just keep digging, just keep digging digging digging...

Edit: Oh, and keep looking around with cameyes for any trace of an end to this.
Can I maybe see thick nerve bundles going through the rock and the direction they're pointing at?

Your cam eyes reveal what a looks to be a cave just ahead...though it's rather hard to tell. It seems quite small. How do you want to handle going in?

Focus on not dieing, play that tetris game everyone keeps talking about.
Well you'd love to play tetris BUT YOU HAVE NO FUCKING ARMS.

Regardless: http://n-blox.com/

Level:5
Score: 7480
Lines: 47

Thats what I just got. I demand you beat it.

"I AM NOT FOOD! BAD SKIN PLANET! ALSO ALLIES I NEED ASSISTANCE HERE"
Move away from skin and stab/cut flesh of evil planet that attempts to stop me from leaving
You slash wildly at the skin but it doesn't seem to effect it, and the flesh pulls you into itself, crushing down with horrible weight, especially on your head. Your helmet groans and starts to crush inward like a tin can.

Y. Vetrov - back on the ground

Land, let Han go. Then come closer to dead starfish and take a chunk of its carapace for future study. If there is a riot shield-sized (assuming riot shield size fitting my current body), take it to use as a shield. Then spray starfish thoroughly with namite and let it burn.

That done, do my best to assist people being eaten, unless there is other impending doom-biomachine is coming at us. Then collect what left of John and Aoshima and gather the deceased (and their stuff) and those rendered incapable by injuries in one place, in trench, perhaps, or in jeep. If we still have a gunnerbot around order it to guard them.

You drop han  off.

The starfish is already starting to disolve back into the planet, the skin slurping up around it and eating it. You manage to tear a small piece of carapace from it, but not nearly enough to shield yourself from anything.

Hasala turns from the dead starfish to the scene at the jeep, his sigh of relief turning into a sigh of exasperation. "What were you two even doing? We're at the nerve cluster, and I retrieved a sample of the Haebi back at the landing site."

Use my laser rifle to cut the ground in a circle around where it's trapping Konrad's arm. If that doesn't sever nerves and free him, laser his arm off, unless he or someone else manages to free him in the meantime. Hand laser rifle to Lars to cauterize Billy's stump, if he accepts.
Does my sharksuit still have a hole in it? If so, start dabbing all this lost blood on its edges.

"Lars, can you cauterize Billy's stump? Your aim is better than mine."

Quote from: Hasala Nabin To: Lyra Arden
The starfish-shaped Haebi is dead, though I doubt that was the only reason you ran off. Let us know if you find anything.

((Assuming nothing else happens this turn, we'll get started on digging an actual tunnel next turn, unless anyone has a better idea.))
You start cutting Konrad free, slicing away some of the flesh from around his good arm but it keeps regrowing and you can't seem to do much more then slow it down.

"Yes, Brother Commander."

Set medium dispersion and lowest intensity, and try to cauterize that stump.  Hand it back either way.  Otherwise, eyes out for new threats.
You drag yourself over to the Jeep and quickly cauterize the stump to stop the bleeding.

You both keep an eye out. It seems clear...for now.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 51