Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83434 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2015, 03:33:52 am »

TEAM A

"Come on pile in we need to move now!"
Once people have piled in drive in the direction of the nerves east, drag people in as necessary
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2015, 08:38:46 am »

((So I'm in team b)))?
how much farther I want to get away from those alien penis monsters and actually do some fighting
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2015, 08:45:53 am »

((So I'm in team b)))?
how much farther I want to get away from those alien penis monsters and actually do some fighting
"If it all goes according to plan-
He nervously glances over at the bear-trapped robot and the hardening skin beneath it's chest
-Hopefully never, these things... This Thing, adapts way faster than I and probably many others expected, even if it does start sending out inherently shootable things, killing them all will just make them adapt faster."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:34 am »

Ulrich Leland, Team B. Location: In jeep.

Drive to south east where Lyra is, unless squad leader (Lars) gives different order. Pay close attention to changes in ground, like sudden waves of fungi flesh, and dodge them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:33:54 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2015, 10:40:11 am »

Brother Lars, Team B

Stick with the team for now, and follow the cat.  Make sure people actually stay together; use giant robot strength to ensure this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2015, 12:57:04 pm »

Yawn and gently Brace myself in the jeep so I don't go flying out. " I would prefer no to fight if possible just a waste of ammo and I hope to survive my first mission, and I hope you guys do to. So lets get this brain and get the F*** off this planet as soon as possible."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2015, 01:23:44 pm »

NOTE THAT I AND PROBABLY EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS THEM (LIKE TOASTER) IS USING THEIR CAMEYES AND I AM READY TO WARN MY TEAMMATES, FLY INTO THE AIR AND SHOOT THE BAD THINGS IF SOMETHING BAD APPROACHES.

((Just in case my reaction is relevant.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:26:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2015, 01:28:03 pm »

"Team Snapdragon, be advised, We just had fast moving worm critters coming through the ground that will wrap around you and dissolve your armor."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2015, 01:40:36 pm »

FIVE TURNS HAVE PASSED!

TEAM A

"Shit. Nobody else get out of the jeep. If you can't force the flesh apart yourself, Yaroslav, I'll try to use my mass manipulation amplifier. Konrad, be ready to get us moving again as soon as he's back on-board, I don't like that grayish colour change one bit."

If Yaroslav can't free himself with his Heavy Robotic Body strength, attempt to use my Mass Manipulation Amplifier to force the flesh apart long enough for him to withdraw his arms.
"Dammit, Guys, we got someone with their arms bear-trapped.
Yo, Robot dude[Comrade.P], you need any help there or can you get out of that yourself?"

If affirmative, first check out the way his arms are trapped, is it like his arms are stuck in a big pimple? Or is it more like a normal beartrap?

Y. Vetrov - Team A

- Yes, some help would be useful indeed. I appreciate any. But don't come too close, flesh below me is acting funny, too. If something happens that will force you to leave me behind, know that nerves are heading east from here.

Attempt to free myself. If usual enhanced force of my body does nothing, wait for Hasala and his amp action. If that does nothing, disable strength inhibitors and try to do it again, hoping for the better.
If succeeded at some point, get the heck out of there along with the rest of the team. If failed, make further attempts on my own.

"Come on pile in we need to move now!"
Once people have piled in drive in the direction of the nerves east, drag people in as necessary

Yaroslav attempts to yank himself free, but he can't quite get the leverage he needs to use the suit's full strength and despite his best efforts, remains stuck. Hasala however, does manage to tear the flesh away from Yaro's arms using his amp. Yaro immediately gets the hell away from the thing and the swelling gray mass bursts a few seconds later in a gooey geyser of viscous liquid.

Konrad continues driving east and makes it a whole two squares in that direction.

TEAM B

Brother Lars, Team B

Stick with the team for now, and follow the cat.  Make sure people actually stay together; use giant robot strength to ensure this.
Han Thren, Team B

"He needs his lower body amputated? Note to self. Stay in the jeep."

Offer my services as a person with a monosword for amputation purposes should I the jeep arrive at the poisoned man. If so, amputate from the jeep if possible. I don't really want to go near the ground right now. Otherwise, stay in the jeep.

Drive to south east where Lyra is, unless squad leader (Lars) gives different order. Pay close attention to changes in ground, like sudden waves of fungi flesh, and dodge them.

Yawn and gently Brace myself in the jeep so I don't go flying out. " I would prefer no to fight if possible just a waste of ammo and I hope to survive my first mission, and I hope you guys do to. So lets get this brain and get the F*** off this planet as soon as possible."

continue. To scan the area with my laser gun, having my finger off the trigger.
sooo what now captain
Team C(at)

Complain to the universe about the fact that I seem to be moving as slow as a jeep or a cat despite flying.

"This is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me..."

Obey Doctor Cat and amputate where needed via laser. Then fly the injured/dead back to his jeep. Then fly back to Doctor Cat.

If Doctor Cat agrees with the plan and after all the above is completed successfully: Pick up Lyra and start following the nerves by flying, stopping every 2 squares to check which direction the nerves are going.
EDIT: Note that Lyra does not get close to the ground during all this. She sees the nerves with my cameras and cameyes so as not to be endangered herself and be available to help or warn me.

Alright the jeep gets to where Flint and his unfortunate patient are waiting. Now, flint manages to cut away Bart's legs with the laser, gives him to the jeep and catches up with lyra, picking her up and moving one more South East, staying in the sky.

TEAM C? Going by the wiki here.

Keep aware of the surrounding skin, moving as necessary to avoid attacks / traps, and wait for Flint and Bert to arrive

as soon as they arrive, I hop up on the door and check on Bert.

once I've found out about the neurotoxin situation, I give him some coagulant boosters and painkillers (for what we're about to do) and direct Flint to use his laser rifle to amputate

after all that, I'll type out this message:
Quote from: Lyra to Flint, cc Snapdragon
Nerves 2S1E SE

edit:
Flint suggests a follow-up plan in his post below that requires my cooperation. I intend to cooperate with him on it.
You get picked up by flint.

As Jeep A continues eastward the ground under it's front tires suddenly drops down, like a sinkhole opened up directly under it. After an instant of freefall, the ground swells suddenly back up, slamming up into the front tires like a hammer blow. The jeep rocks back onto it's back tires and almost goes tumbling over backwards, but Konrad manages to reverse force the thing to come down on all 4 tires.

The same thing happens to the stationary B jeep, And Ulrich likewise prevents the jeep from flipping.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2015, 02:03:50 pm »

Y. Vetrov - Team A

[while moving, do the following retroactively]
- Thank you for your help, Hasala. I couldn't get it myself.
Briefly check chest condition after grey goo encounter.

[upon full stop of the vehicle do the following]
Get out to check the nerves again. Try to reduce amount of surface of my body that contacts flesh to minimum. Be extra aware to any flesh collapsing around my hands or generally moving.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2015, 02:05:25 pm »

Be unconscious.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2015, 02:10:45 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Snapdragon
lots ground -> ground trap, lots cut -> cut trap, lots jeep -> jeep trap, one trap type at time, many trap, me solo walk no special trap, what many do?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2015, 02:19:24 pm »

Quote from: Yaroslav to Team B
I take it Bart had his leg amputated. You haven't fed Barts leg to Haebi by leaving it somewhere, haven't you? Because we don't want any clone shenanigans, right?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:15 pm »

"Woah, that's new. Be thankful of my driving skills."

Do quick check if jeep is still functional without getting out of it. Keep driving south east, unless team leader says otherwise. Keep eye on the ground, look to front and sides, listen if teammates warn me of incoming doom, note all changes and dodge everything. I'm not stopping before reaching Lyra.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:33:50 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2015, 02:54:34 pm »

"Brothers and sisters of Steve, we need to make haste!  The world is alive and wishes us ill!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51