Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83507 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2015, 05:52:15 pm »

((Thanks, will fix.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2015, 06:34:08 pm »

Apply coagulent boosters, but not enough to overdose. then amputate via combat knife.
((Am willing to change treatment if requested.))

EDIT:
Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Neurotoxin climbing, Kill @ lungs, no antivenom, coag boost OD or amputate?

EDIT again: looks like this has been invalidated by overestimating the movespeed of Flint's battlesuit.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:57:32 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2015, 06:58:44 pm »

((I'll assume Lyra communicated with Flint about what's wrong with Bart via some other method, since I think Lyra can't speak and piecewise was just making a joke. Unless the new cyborg-commando-kitty body can speak.))

"I could use my laser. It'll probably be quicker and cleaner. Don't know how safe burning someone is though."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2015, 07:06:35 pm »

I nod to Flint.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2015, 07:36:55 pm »

"You're the boss, Doctor Cat. I'll get him back to his jeep if all goes well. Guess he'll be on turret duty if he stays conscious."

"Want me to come back later? Leaderguy told us to stick together. Plus, if something happens to you and you can't communicate we won't know that you need help."

Wait, don't cats like acting independently? Am I insulting her by saying she might need help?
"Not that you can't take care of yourself, but, you know, like the Predator said before detonating its nuke, 'shit happens'."
Or am I insulting her by thinking her behavior might be similar to that of a cat?
Damn it, this genemod thing is still as confusing as the first time.

"I can keep my distance if you don't like me being close. I mean, I understand it if you think something that heavy will attract more attention."
Flint remained silent for a few seconds, figurative gears turning in his head, until he came up with an idea that would solve both problems. And possibly even a third one.
"Or I could carry you. This suit can fly pretty fast. We can stop at every map square we pass to see if we're going the right way but keep moving forward very quickly. That way, we can reach our objective in no time and let the team know exactly where to go. With the way this groundflesh is acting, we sure need the speed."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:38:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2015, 08:03:08 pm »

Lyra actually is where she says she is.

Which means that Flint didn't get to her this turn, nor did the jeep. This means also that she didn't provide any medical aid and that Bert will most likely suffocate.

Thanks for the heads up, Lyra!~

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2015, 08:46:45 pm »

well that's annoying.
what direction were the cut nerves going from my actual position?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2015, 08:52:40 pm »

well that's annoying.
what direction were the cut nerves going from my actual position?

((From IRC:))
[23:19] <+Swordsmith04> Piecewise: Lenglon wants to know where the nerves are leading to from the tile Lyra is in now. Asking here to save a turn of precious, non-muderous time.
[23:19] * Quits: an_lurker (Mibbit@27-537-602-593.dhcp.hckr.nc.charter.com) (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[23:20] <Piecewise> Southeast, if she is where she says she is
[23:20] <+Swordsmith04> Thanks.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2015, 11:18:05 pm »

((I assume I'm now in the Team A jeep? My action wasn't in PW's post, so I'm not sure.))

Spoiler: Last turn's action (click to show/hide)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2015, 11:24:13 pm »

((I assume I'm now in the Team A jeep? My action wasn't in PW's post, so I'm not sure.))

((You are, you just missed a turn. Yours is the first action quoted here. Piecewise will often group similar/identical actions and respond to them as a whole.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2015, 12:19:24 am »

Keep aware of the surrounding skin, moving as necessary to avoid attacks / traps, and wait for Flint and Bert to arrive

as soon as they arrive, I hop up on the door and check on Bert.

once I've found out about the neurotoxin situation, I give him some coagulant boosters and painkillers (for what we're about to do) and direct Flint to use his laser rifle to amputate

after all that, I'll type out this message:
Quote from: Lyra to Flint, cc Snapdragon
Nerves 2S1E SE

edit:
Flint suggests a follow-up plan in his post below that requires my cooperation. I intend to cooperate with him on it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:16:47 am by Lenglon »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2015, 01:07:48 am »

((Yo, just to give you an idea of what that flesh beartrap thing is:
15:51   Piecewise   Also ed, imagine that the ground became a great big toothless mouth and bit his arms, then the ground under his stomach, a bit away from that mouth, is swelling up like a pimple
It's like that, just in case it will change some actions.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2015, 01:12:19 am »

Y. Vetrov - Team A

- Yes, some help would be useful indeed. I appreciate any. But don't come too close, flesh below me is acting funny, too. If something happens that will force you to leave me behind, know that nerves are heading east from here.

Attempt to free myself. If usual enhanced force of my body does nothing, wait for Hasala and his amp action. If that does nothing, disable strength inhibitors and try to do it again, hoping for the better.
If succeeded at some point, get the heck out of there along with the rest of the team. If failed, make further attempts on my own.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:13:12 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2015, 02:01:19 am »

This is the problem with the reply feature. it only quotes the last 20 posts for me so if it goes beyond that (And it always does) I have to copy paste all the posts into one thing, one at a time. And posts get missed that way.

Yes, you are in the jeep with Hasala. Clinging to the roof if need be.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2015, 02:59:53 am »

Team C(at)

Complain to the universe about the fact that I seem to be moving as slow as a jeep or a cat despite flying.

"This is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me..."

Obey Doctor Cat and amputate where needed via laser. Then fly the injured/dead back to his jeep. Then fly back to Doctor Cat.

If Doctor Cat agrees with the plan and after all the above is completed successfully: Pick up Lyra and start following the nerves by flying, stopping every 2 squares to check which direction the nerves are going.
EDIT: Note that Lyra does not get close to the ground during all this. She sees the nerves with my cameras and cameyes so as not to be endangered herself and be available to help or warn me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:12:30 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51