Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81407 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #555 on: June 20, 2015, 01:20:17 am »

Continue to be not so useful.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 20, 2015, 04:24:25 am »

Lie back and think of Space England
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 20, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »

Drag Iveso into the shuttle as instructed and give him a welcoming pat on the back.
Then go back to keeping an eye on the rope, and an eye out for incoming projectiles.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 20, 2015, 09:01:17 pm »

"Just - get us back in the air. I already lost my sister, I don't want to die too. Family name and all."

Continue sitting still while being strapped in. No one's hurt and nothing needs incinerating so my job is - currently - done.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 21, 2015, 02:14:51 pm »

Continue spewing words of wisdom to those repairing the engines, Help them if needed.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 21, 2015, 03:35:40 pm »

Rest my brain some more, and attempt to figure out if I could amp toss the shuttle into orbit. Don't actually toss the shuttle yet, just figure out if I could.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 21, 2015, 10:34:39 pm »

Ask GM (FM?) a dumb question

((Just noticed even the wiki doesn't know if Vincent is temp dead or comatose, so I guess I'll double check. Vincent's most definitely temp dead right? [and therefor also now just a head?]))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 21, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »

"Did someone say they needed someone with experience of guns? I have a little bit of skill with conventional firearms."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #563 on: June 22, 2015, 10:42:28 am »

Ok, so I've got a quiz my teacher was nice enough to spring on me this morning, about an hour and a half before I have to leave, so Lets go pure mechanical here and not waste time with anything that does not directly influence the current events.

"Are you blind? It's tied around me. I'm way too weak to hold the fucking thing." Ryan points to the rope tied about his torso, and the buckles keeping him strapped in and sighs.

"general Miyamoto, sir? This has been an eye-opening first mission. I hope we don't tackle many entire planets like this."

Keep sane.

"So do I private, so do I.

Iveso, ready for plan suitdunk?

Hey, people in the shuttle, help Iveso here get into the shuttle."

Once Iveso opens his cockpit, carefully grab him. If I can, place him into the shuttle. If not safely possible, securely stick him to the shuttle using sticky goop. Once he is secure, dump the suit if the pilot or Steve can't do that remotely.

Could they maybe use a piece of tubing from Morul's flamethrower in the repairs? Or maybe from my goop thrower (although those are probably smaller)? Give it to them if needed.

As for the other shuttles: couldn't they come up, just in case we need to move (me or everybody) to another shuttle? Or would that make the planet attack us again?

((People, if you have anything that could help with the repairs, don't forget to offer it in your action, so we don't waste time witb that. Prae, don't forget to actually dump the suit this turn, if we can.))
You help iveso transfer, cut his suit off and then carefully lift him up so that other people can grab him and pull him into the ship.

As per those other ships, we could bring them in, but there is the chance that it will make the planet focus on you again.

First, determine if the needed part can be salvaged from the other engine that could not be fixed.  If so, take the part from there and repair the engine.

"Morul, can Tek use a part from your flamethrower?  We need some kind of tubing to repair one of the engines.  Does anyone else believe they may have a weapon with that kind of part?"

If the first option will not work, take any weapons offered and cannibalize them for tubing.  Then, repair the engine with that.

If the first and second options will not work, get back to the passenger compartment, take that hunk of metal off of the wall and create the needed part.  Then, return and repair the engine.
If nobody less qualified does it, look for spare parts in the dismantled engines.
You scavenge a tube from the destroyed engine and get it into place. The patch job isn't perfect but it functions and should hopefully continue to function for a while. There are two more engines to fix.

Ask GM (FM?) a dumb question

((Just noticed even the wiki doesn't know if Vincent is temp dead or comatose, so I guess I'll double check. Vincent's most definitely temp dead right? [and therefor also now just a head?]))
Judging from your injuries, yeah, temp dead.

Nunzillor

« Reply #564 on: June 22, 2015, 11:22:29 am »

"One engine was fixed and one is unsalvageable.  Two more to go.  And... don't worry.  The comb would not let it all end like this.  We can do this."

How easy would it be to remove the unusable engine and toss it overboard after repairs are complete?  Also... do we have any reason to worry about fuel levels?

Continue repairing the engines with Duncan, scavenging parts as needed, with Steve guiding the effort.  If the shuttle is quite rapidly losing altitude, let Duncan tackle one while Tek tackles the other.  Otherwise, work together to avoid errors.

Scavenge parts as needed first from the unusable engine, secondly from any weapons on hand or offered by others, and thirdly from parts that Tek creates by using the MFM on the hunk of metal back in the passenger compartment.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:01:44 pm by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 22, 2015, 11:24:10 am »

Keep fixing the engines. Sweat profusely. Wonder how I ended up here.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 22, 2015, 12:14:26 pm »

Did dropping the suit make us light enough we could make do with two engine instead of three?

Also, check brainpoints, and send to medics on the ship.

((If any of our medics were bored, I guess you could do this? It'll help, at least.))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:23:59 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 22, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »

Have a casual conversation with Steve, gain an indeterminate amount of IC knowledge.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 22, 2015, 08:33:08 pm »

Did dropping the suit make us light enough we could make do with two engine instead of three?

Also, check brainpoints, and send to medics on the ship.

((If any of our medics were bored, I guess you could do this? It'll help, at least.))

((Bored is good. Ryan is well aware of this. And it's not really "bored" it's "strapped in and patiently waiting to explode or live" :P))

Sit tight. Analyze brain stuff that comes by my screen. Otherwise, if I can from my suit, look at medical procedures involving synthflesh. I got lucky in the field and without tools. I don't like getting lucky, I want to get it right.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2015, 08:40:39 pm »

Iveso grabbed his weapon before being helped to get out of his suit(Just adding this, as the weapon is something I obviously don't want to lose), letting out a grumble at the thought of leaving the suit behind.
"Man, I am going to miss that thing."

Just chill out for now, as there isn't much he can do.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45