Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81447 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #540 on: June 19, 2015, 12:47:53 am »

Loiter.
Use Intuition to figure out if I can do anything to help, before doing nothing because I can't.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:05:47 am by Egan_BW »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 19, 2015, 12:54:16 am »

Consume Booze to fix the problem.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #542 on: June 19, 2015, 12:40:22 pm »

Help. Make sure Tek understands what parts Steve is referring to. Take few risks.
This will not be easy...
"We're going to temporarily shut down the port side engines per Steve's instructions so that we can begin repairs.  They're barely functional anyway, so hopefully it won't affect our altitude too much.

Steve, please guide us through the actual steps of turning off the engines.  That should help to minimize the chance of error..."

Begin carefully shutting down the engines, one at a time under Steve's guidance.  After shutting one down, repair it according to Steve's instructions before moving to the next, shutting that one down, and repairing it.  Give Duncan any help he might need, and accept any help Duncan offers that Tek needs.

Shutting down the engines is methodical, slow work. Much of the difficulty is pushing through the smoke and flame to find the right area and unscrew the right panel. The first engine, once shut down, is clearly irreparably damaged; a good third of it is simply missing. The second engine appears more viable for repair, but it will need some parts you don't have on you. Some sort of pipe or tubing to replace a damaged section.

is there anything else I could do to help our situation? Would taking the pilot and dumping his assault suit help us out a reasonable amount? Or is it a case of 'engine fixed, you live, engine dies, you die'? Note that decreasing weight won't help that much as long as we have no thrust. Either way, start climbing to Iveso and grab hold on the shuttle somewhere near, so we'll be ready to do it if needed. Maybe try to stick him to the shuttle using sticky goop?

Also, where are all those other shuttles?

Well, dumping any weight you can would mean we'd need to get less engines functional to get positive thrust.

As per the other shuttles, they did the bombing run and are scattering. Did you want to have them do something?

Wait for hilarity. Formulate Backup Plan Zeta.
Back up plan Zelda: Wait for some idiot in tights to come solve your problems.

Judas looks up from where he was lost in thought to see what looked like two guys holding a rope leading outside the ship.

"Is that rope tied to anything or are you just holding it?"

Look around for a sturdy anchor point for the rope.
Ensure the rope remains secure. Keep scanning for incoming missiles with my cameye, be prepared to dodge if one gets through.
You tie the rope around a cargo anchor point in the floor.

Brain rest more.
You're starting to feel somewhat better.

Shout words of encouragement.
"TRY NOT TO GET US ALL KILLED!"

Just keep a good grip on some surface. And if it is -really- needed to get rid of the battle suit to lighten the ship, get out of it and keep holding on whatever can be used for holding.
You make ready to leave, if you have to.

"Are you blind? It's tied around me. I'm way too weak to hold the fucking thing." Ryan points to the rope tied about his torso, and the buckles keeping him strapped in and sighs.

"general Miyamoto, sir? This has been an eye-opening first mission. I hope we don't tackle many entire planets like this."

Keep sane.
[mind:5]
You're actually feeling pretty ok.

Loiter.
Use Intuition to figure out if I can do anything to help, before doing nothing because I can't.
You poke the rope with a toe and continue to wait for the scene to end. Or maybe for the horrible crash that you know, oddly, that you'll survive.

Consume Booze to fix the problem.
Fuck the other plans, this is the best one.  Play the ER drinking game.

Impending doom? Take a shot. 

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 19, 2015, 12:46:36 pm »

"Are you blind? It's tied around me. I'm way too weak to hold the fucking thing." Ryan points to the rope tied about his torso, and the buckles keeping him strapped in and sighs.

"general Miyamoto, sir? This has been an eye-opening first mission. I hope we don't tackle many entire planets like this."

Keep sane.

"So do I private, so do I.

Iveso, ready for plan suitdunk?

Hey, people in the shuttle, help Iveso here get into the shuttle."

Once Iveso opens his cockpit, carefully grab him. If I can, place him into the shuttle. If not safely possible, securely stick him to the shuttle using sticky goop. Once he is secure, dump the suit if the pilot or Steve can't do that remotely.

Could they maybe use a piece of tubing from Morul's flamethrower in the repairs? Or maybe from my goop thrower (although those are probably smaller)? Give it to them if needed.

As for the other shuttles: couldn't they come up, just in case we need to move (me or everybody) to another shuttle? Or would that make the planet attack us again?

((People, if you have anything that could help with the repairs, don't forget to offer it in your action, so we don't waste time witb that. Prae, don't forget to actually dump the suit this turn, if we can.))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:04:26 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #544 on: June 19, 2015, 12:50:07 pm »

First, determine if the needed part can be salvaged from the other engine that could not be fixed.  If so, take the part from there and repair the engine.

"Morul, can Tek use a part from your flamethrower?  We need some kind of tubing to repair one of the engines.  Does anyone else believe they may have a weapon with that kind of part?"

If the first option will not work, take any weapons offered and cannibalize them for tubing.  Then, repair the engine with that.

If the first and second options will not work, get back to the passenger compartment, take that hunk of metal off of the wall and create the needed part.  Then, return and repair the engine.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:39:03 pm by Nunzillor »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 19, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »

"Is it bad that I want us to crash just so I can feel important?"

Smoke some more. wait for impending doom.

EDIT: Consider how bad an idea it would be to help propel the shuttle using a microwave Amp.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:53:37 pm by Egan_BW »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 19, 2015, 12:53:18 pm »

((It might be easier to use one of the more readily available parts, nunzillor, like from Morul's flamethrower, should have plenty tubing. And you might need your brainpoints for a later part of the repair. Won't hurt to put it in, then pw can decide what would make most sense/would work best in-game.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #547 on: June 19, 2015, 12:54:54 pm »

((That makes sense.  I will edit my action.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 19, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

"If you need anything to use as a sealant or to keep something in place, you can always borrow the goop thrower. Not ideal, but better than nothing."

Nunzillor

« Reply #549 on: June 19, 2015, 01:07:04 pm »

"If you need anything to use as a sealant or to keep something in place, you can always borrow the goop thrower. Not ideal, but better than nothing."
"Thank you general, but Tek should not touch a conventional weapon.  The comb tells me it must be so.  It also tells me it would be only slightly less dangerous for Duncan to handle such a weapon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 19, 2015, 01:08:54 pm »

"Ah. In that case, if really really needed, someone better with guns can always come out to help you out. Three's a party they say, but I wouldn't advise celebrating just yet."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 19, 2015, 02:46:39 pm »

((You might want to not waste time with finding a good replacement elsewhere. Keep shutting down and examining engines. The sooner you can get some working the better, so you should first look for parts in the damaged engines themselves. Once you've run out of damaged engines and you've reactivated as many as you can in that manner, then you should start looking for DIY and jury-rigged replacement parts.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #552 on: June 19, 2015, 02:50:02 pm »

((You might want to not waste time with finding a good replacement elsewhere. Keep shutting down and examining engines. The sooner you can get some working the better, so you should first look for parts in the damaged engines themselves. Once you've run out of damaged engines and you've reactivated as many as you can in that manner, then you should start looking for DIY and jury-rigged replacement parts.))
((There's four engines and 2 are working, I think, so no need to close them. Also, ooc  thread.
Edit: no, wait, I was wrong, there are several engines there, so you might be right.))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:55:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 19, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »

If nobody less qualified does it, look for spare parts in the dismantled engines.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #554 on: June 19, 2015, 02:54:56 pm »

Tek, his features locked in a rictus of determination, continues the work.

((Maybe we could divvy up the labor?  One of us goes around shutting down engines and looking for replacement parts in the nearby non-functional engines, while the other tackles repairing the engines that need additional, not readily available parts?  We have two people, so we should be able to do both at once.

If that makes sense to you NJW2000, which do you think would be better suited to your character?  Or do you feel we should work together on Sean's plan?))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:18:52 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45