Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81511 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #435 on: June 11, 2015, 12:15:24 am »

Peer through the cameras, and attempt to use my mass amp to deflect, or prematurely detonate incoming fire.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #436 on: June 11, 2015, 11:28:30 am »

Open fire on the calmest areas I can see out the back of the shuttle with the mindfuck gun. This seems like an actually decent time to try and fuck up the Haebi's sanity
That door got closed, friend.

Create a sheet of metal using the metal from the 4 shovels and secure it to the wall with duct tape welding.  Very likely useless, but Tek's gotta have something to do.
You form a large metal lump and duct tape it to a random wall.

Wooo.

Sit down, look around and see if anyone needs help.
Well...thats basically everyone including yourself. Don't worry, just wait for the shelling to start. Then you'll have something to do.
Hunker down and contemplate the chunk of flesh in my lung.
You think You'll name it "Pete"

Ponder what impact the shrapnel holes will have on the space-worthiness of our mighty shuttle. If it seems like it might be bad news, get some technically-inclined person to see about doing something about it, or do it myself.

Open fire on the calmest areas I can see out the back of the shuttle with the mindfuck gun. This seems like an actually decent time to try and fuck up the Haebi's sanity
((Back door's closed, isn't it?))

Create a sheet of metal using the metal from the 4 shovels and secure it to the wall with duct tape welding.  Very likely useless, but Tek's gotta have something to do.
This makes me hella nervous. Try to talk Tek into working with me instead?
It will be fine. Just make sure everyone has a sealed space suit unless they want to be revived on the ship.

Not much to do but pray to the gods of +1 Fate to not be randomly headshot by shrapnel.
Just make sure to stand next to the most unlucky looking guy.

"So far so good. Any ideas on just what is going on down there? Having just got here I can't really hazard a guess."

Nothing to do now but keep my head down, hope, and wait.
Unless, of course, I have a view of outside, in which case keep a look out for threats and shoot them as appropriate if I have a clear shot.

You curl up in one corner of the ship in a strangely similar way to another person on another ship.

"Let's move! We've got worms incoming, and I doubt it's with good intent! I'll link my cams, but DO NOT use your manips or amps unless you are very, very good with them and the brain that uses them well rested."

Link cam feeds to people in the ship. Use laser on max intensity, max diffusion. Shoot at all the white worms/the moving flesh, but BE VERY CAREFUL not to hit the shuttle or the cables holding us.

Should anything attack us, try to deflect it with manip (yes, I know that's hard to do, and that if the attack goes too fast it won't work. Still, can only try).

You roast the flesh around the ship as it starts to take off, doing your best to stop it from coming back under control.

Sir, my brain's all good and un-fried. Haven't used my amp once this mission and I hope not to, but I'll do what I can to incinerate some AA. And if you ask me, it looks like a nerve cluster's taken this place over again already.

Keep an eye out for incoming fire and cook off any shot I feel I can handle. Also, with my (albeit tiny) knowledge of the haebi so far, were those really nerves reattaching the area to another cluster?
Peer through the cameras, and attempt to use my mass amp to deflect, or prematurely detonate incoming fire.
You both watch Miya's signal and wait to have to be of use.

((I take it we're lifting off?))

Lift the shuttle off of the ground and get the hell out of Dodge.

The shuttle lifts...ponderously and with much difficulty. It's no more then a few hundred feet off the ground when you see things flying in fast from the south. More rounds, like the one from before.

"Incoming, South."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 11, 2015, 11:32:41 am »

"Morul, Ryan, it's up to us now. I'll take down as many as I can, you take the ones I miss. You guys have an amp, so you have a shorter response time. Morul, you have more experience with them, so you first. Ryan, you're our last line of defense. Nobody else do anything stupid, we are NOT taking any more risks here."

Deflect/crush/push away/whatever works easiest the incoming rounds with manip.

And now that I know ic, check with Steve if we also get fancy extra shuttles to cover our escape.

Morul action in case he doesn't show up before the turn: use amp to deflect rounds that make it past Miya. Try not to fry brain.

((sorry kisame for doing this without permission, but I thought you'd prefer it over the ship blowing up and dying anyways)).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:06:39 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 11, 2015, 11:44:32 am »

Brace position, or failing that, stay in the fetal position.
One wheel short of a wagon

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 11, 2015, 12:19:23 pm »

Kiss ass goodbye, swear at instruction manual for mindfuck gun for lying about the "shoots through solid objects" thing, strap in
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 11, 2015, 12:41:25 pm »

Strap in.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Nunzillor

« Reply #441 on: June 11, 2015, 12:45:22 pm »

"Not to worry, the hunk of metal will save us all."

Sit on the floor, or strap self in if possible, and meditate on the perplexing nature of the comb.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 11, 2015, 12:59:22 pm »

Fuck.

Buckle up for safety. Try to cover up my vitals with the Longcoat.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 11, 2015, 01:05:53 pm »

Kiss ass goodbye, swear at instruction manual for mindfuck gun for lying about the "shoots through solid objects" thing, strap in
((It's more that you can't see where to shoot, than that the gun won't shoot through solid objects. It's pointless to try again now though, the gun's range is pretty short.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 11, 2015, 01:27:15 pm »

Stand next to the most unlucky looking guy.
And play some appropriate escape Music.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 11, 2015, 01:49:45 pm »

"So, friends, it seems it's do-or-die and we- well, those of us without fancy brain-magicks of a sort used to stop projectiles in midair- have very little part in the doing! My name is Jobasio Hootzal, it seems we may as well pass our possibly-final moments getting to know one another. You know, I missed breakfast today. It would be an awful shame to die on an empty stomach, don't you think? I think I shall have a nice late lunch upon our arrival back on the Ship. What are your favourite foods? I quite enjoy a nice quiche."
Jobasio looked between the various faces in the shuttle with a dreamy smile on his face, stroking his rifle as per usual.

Babble inanely in a friendly manner to my dear companions. Apart from that one who called Whig and I "weird".
Our survival is out of my hands now, after all! Might as well keep people's minds off their imminent demise!
Edit: Gratefully accept snacks of all descriptions, should I happen to be offered any!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:21:52 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 11, 2015, 02:06:05 pm »

"You seem pretty confident. I did bring some snacks, if you're hungry, I should be able to fish some snacks out of my bandage. Do you mind if I curl up next to you for protection? Also, you don't have a safety blanket on you, do you?"
One wheel short of a wagon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 11, 2015, 02:19:53 pm »

"Being confident tends to be rather more pleasant than being otherwise!"
Jobasio nods his head. "And I certainly shan't say no to snacks. As for a safety blanket, well, if we are talking in a metaphorical sense Whig here is all I need! One hardly needs blankets in a spacesuit, after all. To tell the truth I cannot recall the last time I encountered one of the things. 'Acquiring a blanket' is henceforth added to my to-do list; the fuzzier and snugglier the better."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 11, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »

Twiddle my thbs. Maybe zap something
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2015, 02:43:07 pm »

Hold on tight and try not to die. Make sure MCP-II medical stuff is activated and ready if I have time.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45