Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81520 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:10 am »

Start tazing flesh like a cop at an equal rights rally.
"HAHA! IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!"

You get out of your hole and start randomly tazing the ground. Not sure how effective it is but hey, whatever.

((Yeah, though I thought that maybe it'd still work well enough to try, what with a +4. I wonder though, if manips can neither do reaction shots nor long term stuff well, what were they better at again than amps? Precision right? Cause there's been a few precision amp uses over the mission, and they didn't seem to have trouble with that.))

"Troopers, help me expand the cleared area to get a decent landing zone! And keep those brains safe.

Shuttle, we're clearing you a path now, land once we say it's ready."

Expand cleared zone by destroying the fungus cover. Spray a big area with namite, let it burn through, then use manip to push burning namite to the edges of it so there is clear (non burning) ground to land (like how I created the first perimeter). Spray extra namite at the edges of the perimeter if needed to hold back fungus trying to grow back/attack us. I'm willing to use a lot of namite to ensure the line holds. Switch to spare tank if this one runs out.

If enough ground gets cleared this turn to give us a decent LZ, and the edge of burning namite holds back new encroaching fungus, tell the shuttle they can land. Oh, and how exactly will Miya and Iveso tag along? Just hold on to the shuttle on the outside and hope we don't fall of?

((I assume that, from pw's lack of response to it, that airlifting everything onboard isn't an option.))
Precision and not being dangerous to you. And you CAN do continuous stuff, it's just a lot harder. So unless you want to potentially fry one of your brains, I'd say the napalm is better, especially right now when the flesh is a minor problem at best.

You work with this guy
The lightning train don't stop!
And this dude
Help to clear the area, and if it already gets clear, just keep an eye for new possible attacks.
And clear a large enough LZ for the shuttle to land and then keep moving around the edges, keeping it clear, despite the flesh's best efforts to grow back into place.

"Welcome back, fellow invisible man.  Would you like a container for those heads?"

"General, Tek has a manipulator and little else.  How can he assist?"

Give head guy the backpack if he wants one.  Check the manipulator brain's health.  If the brain seems okay, carefully burn away some of the flesh near the desired landing zone. 

If it would be risky to use either because of brain health or because the action is non-precision, first ensure the heads are secure (if head guy does not take them, take them and store them safely).  Then, transport the immobile wounded that are not severed heads near the landing zone.

Because others are doing clearing work, I'll have you focus on dragging corpses, almost corpses and severed heads over into the LZ.

Curl up in fetal position.Make makeshift bandage+sling out of snack bag.
You curl up and whimper while trying to make a bandage out of various available things. You get it made, though it's not very good. You stick it on. Hopefully it will hold.

To Ground team:

The shuttle's under fire. Landing will be... difficult.

Prepare to land when the order comes, whilst attempting to avoid AA fire.

EDIT: colour tags were messed up.
You bring the ship down onto the cleared area and pop the back hatch open.

Get out of the flesh, head to the cleared zone, shoot the flesh if anything tries to spear/swallow me
Some teammate, probably that doctor, drags you over into the safe zone.

On shuttle.
If I have a good view out of the shuttle, use the Microwave Amp to conservatively assist Miya in his burning stuff.
If not, try to intuit if the planet will be doing bad stuff soon.

Well, you feel like the planet is randomly freaking out right now, but if this is such a dangerous organism, it must have some sort of back up, some sort of plan for if a nerve cluster dies. It won't stay inactive for long.

Make sure the cable is attached to the wench, prepare to wench some wenches!
Everything is set up. You're assuming this is how we're gonna get those big bastards like miya up, since they sure as hell ain't fitting in the passenger compartment. Checked luggage, at best.

"Anyone see where that AA fire came from?"

Keep an eye out for any other incoming fire, and deflect it with my mass amp. Otherwise, continue burninating the countryside with Schrodinger's Flamer.
As you guard the area you notice something disconcerting. The flesh has been moving around randomly, like waves on the ocean, but now, in the distance, it's starting to go still. It's starting to flatten back down and stop undulating randomly.

"Thanks. This'll keep a few out of my hands," Ryan replies to Tek.

Take pack. Fill pack with heads. Find living patient and do what I can to help, setting excess heads upon cleared ground if possible.
At this point the best help you can give is dragging them to the LZ. You do that.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2015, 11:20:55 am »

Help rescue the deadies. Put on Darude - Sandstorm. Then get to the shuttle in the stated order.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:37:33 am by kj1225 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2015, 11:21:18 am »

Load load load go go hurry you bastards load go go
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2015, 11:23:37 am »

"Let's start loading things up and getting the hell out of here. First, I want Iveso, Morul, Tek, Ronald and Jobasio to help me keep the fungus away. Everybody else loads up the shuttle. First the Haebi brain, see if there's a cooler or preservation unit or whatever. Then the heads of your teammates, again check if there's stuff to preserve them. Then the wounded, then yourself. Ryan, you are our doctor right now, so you make sure all the tubes are hooked up right. After all that comes the defenders, then the shuttle lifts off a little so Iveso and me can grab on, and we'll be out. Make sure that cable or whatever we'll need is also prepared for that.

C'mon people, let's hussle. I want this done quick, clean, and organised."

Keep the perimeter cleared while things are loaded up. Use namite, a lot if needed. If we get everything loaded this turn, then grab onto the cable once the shuttle has lifted of a little. While we fly off, use cameyes to scan for incoming fire, and use manip to deflect it.
Tell pilot to lift off when we are ready to leave.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:21:49 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2015, 11:31:28 am »

"Will do."

Use manipulator to assist in extending and maintaining the edges of the landing zone.  After the wounded, heads, brain, and presumably corpses are loaded, get into the shuttle. 

While doing this, take a moment to consider the divine mystery of the Comb.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:02:47 pm by Nunzillor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2015, 11:33:10 am »

((People, please add "and get into the shuttle in the given order" at the end of your action, so that if possible, we can leave this turn, or be completely ready to leave next turn.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2015, 11:36:20 am »

((Oh right, the whole getting off the planet thing...  Added.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 09, 2015, 11:45:49 am »

Keep an eye on the horizon and get into the shuttle in the given order
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 09, 2015, 11:50:42 am »

Fire a remote explosive shell at the flesh at the edge, before getting on the shuttle in the given order.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2015, 12:10:51 pm »

Jobasio hops down from the shuttle, rifle hanging from one hand and cutlass in the other, and takes stock.
"...Well. This isn't nearly as bad as I had expected. We actually made it to the planet!"
He then waves his cutlass in a cheerful salute to Miyamoto and goes to work.

Make a dashing entrance, then, using my cutlass, patrol the edges of the cleared LZ and do my best to hack away any encroaching Haebi.
If I should see any larger/more dangerous enemies (ones firing on us, for example), drop the cutlass, crouch in a stable firing position and shoot them with Whig. If that fails to have much effect and they continue to pose a threat to the team, whisper an apology to my beloved rifle and fire an overcharged shot.

...Oh, and get into the shuttle in the given order.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 09, 2015, 02:14:07 pm »

Help load the shuttle and keep an eye out for trouble. Get into the shuttle in given order or when shit takes a turn for the worse.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 09, 2015, 03:04:57 pm »

Lightning! And get on the shuttle in the given order
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 09, 2015, 03:21:59 pm »

Jobasio hops down from the shuttle, rifle hanging from one hand and cutlass in the other, and takes stock.
"...Well. This isn't nearly as bad as I had expected. We actually made it to the planet!"

Make a dashing entrance, then, using my cutlass, patrol the edges of the cleared LZ and do my best to hack away any encroaching Haebi.

Duncan climbs out of the shuttle looking pale. "Knob. Anyone here have medical skills?"

Haul stuff slowly, pester others for medical attention, be careful not to get wounded further. Shuttle in correct order.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:38:45 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 09, 2015, 03:34:35 pm »

"Come on! Lets move!"
Haul heads, then corpses, then wounded! If someone who can move isn't, move them myself!
This is the necessary sentence without an exclamation mark in order to be considered a serous action.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 09, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

Duncan climbs out of the shuttle looking pale. "Knob. Anyone here have medical skills?"

Haul stuff slowly, pester others for medical attention, be careful not to get wounded further.
Suck it up, you'll keep, and most of these lads have it far worse than you do. We'll fuck with your arm when we're in the air. Make yourself useful so we can get the hell out of here!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45