Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81504 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #420 on: June 09, 2015, 04:58:02 pm »

Drag those heads in, hook them up to preservation equipment if we have it. When that's done, examine mr. shot-through-the-arm.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #421 on: June 09, 2015, 05:19:05 pm »

Prepare the shuttle to lift off again, but wait until everyone is on board or the order comes before actually lifting off again.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 09, 2015, 09:28:11 pm »

Just keep shooting the fungus to keep the area clear. Also join the others as soon as everything gets loaded.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #423 on: June 10, 2015, 11:55:43 am »

The sequence of events unfolds thusly:

Everyone on the shuttle, save for the guy who got shot, all charge out heroically.

Everyone on the ground team that can still move, charges into the shuttle, slightly less heroically.

Those who can't move, or at least not easily, are scooped up by the shuttle team and dragged in, along with any still viable corpses.

Taddok stands on the loading ramp and screams "MOVE MOVE MOVE!" continuously.

The nerve cluster gets loaded into the shuttle and strapped down while Miya and Iveso keep the flesh burnt back for the moment. As they work, other people strap them in via the wench and cables, looping the cable several times to hold miya's weight.

As soon as everyone is in, Taddok raises the rear gate and pounds on the inside of the passenger chamber, shouting "Good to go!"

Outside, Iveso and Miya can see what look like fine white hairs push their way through the flesh like rapidly burrowing worms. The flesh grows calm, and then begins to move again, but this time with purpose.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2015, 11:58:01 am »

"Let's move! We've got worms incoming, and I doubt it's with good intent! I'll link my cams, but DO NOT use your manips or amps unless you are very, very good with them and the brain that uses them well rested."

Link cam feeds to people in the ship. Use laser on max intensity, max diffusion. Shoot at all the white worms/the moving flesh, but BE VERY CAREFUL not to hit the shuttle or the cables holding us.

Should anything attack us, try to deflect it with manip (yes, I know that's hard to do, and that if the attack goes too fast it won't work. Still, can only try).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:06:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 10, 2015, 12:06:52 pm »

Open fire on the calmest areas I can see out the back of the shuttle with the mindfuck gun. This seems like an actually decent time to try and fuck up the Haebi's sanity
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nunzillor

« Reply #426 on: June 10, 2015, 12:50:26 pm »

Create a sheet of metal using the metal from the 4 shovels and secure it to the wall with duct tape welding.  Very likely useless, but Tek's gotta have something to do.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:41:31 pm by Nunzillor »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 10, 2015, 01:01:55 pm »

Sit down, look around and see if anyone needs help.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #428 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:20 pm »

((I take it we're lifting off?))

Lift the shuttle off of the ground and get the hell out of Dodge.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 10, 2015, 01:27:02 pm »

Hunker down and contemplate the chunk of flesh in my lung.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 10, 2015, 04:19:43 pm »

Ponder what impact the shrapnel holes will have on the space-worthiness of our mighty shuttle. If it seems like it might be bad news, get some technically-inclined person to see about doing something about it, or do it myself.

Open fire on the calmest areas I can see out the back of the shuttle with the mindfuck gun. This seems like an actually decent time to try and fuck up the Haebi's sanity
((Back door's closed, isn't it?))

Create a sheet of metal using the metal from the 4 shovels and secure it to the wall with duct tape welding.  Very likely useless, but Tek's gotta have something to do.
This makes me hella nervous. Try to talk Tek into working with me instead?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:26:38 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 10, 2015, 05:54:22 pm »

Ponder what impact the shrapnel holes will have on the space-worthiness of our mighty shuttle. If it seems like it might be bad news, get some technically-inclined person to see about doing something about it, or do it myself.

((Back door's closed, isn't it?))

This makes me hella nervous. Try to talk Tek into working with me instead?
((I seem to remember the mindfuck gun ignoring mere obstacles such as "obstacles" or "armor plating))
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 10, 2015, 08:00:07 pm »

Not much to do but pray to the gods of +1 Fate to not be randomly headshot by shrapnel.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 10, 2015, 10:25:41 pm »

Sir, my brain's all good and un-fried. Haven't used my amp once this mission and I hope not to, but I'll do what I can to incinerate some AA. And if you ask me, it looks like a nerve cluster's taken this place over again already.

Keep an eye out for incoming fire and cook off any shot I feel I can handle. Also, with my (albeit tiny) knowledge of the haebi so far, were those really nerves reattaching the area to another cluster?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:16 pm »

"So far so good. Any ideas on just what is going on down there? Having just got here I can't really hazard a guess."

Nothing to do now but keep my head down, hope, and wait.
Unless, of course, I have a view of outside, in which case keep a look out for threats and shoot them as appropriate if I have a clear shot.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:37:53 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45