Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81693 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2015, 08:21:18 pm »

Concentrate on not losing control.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2015, 08:33:05 pm »

"X-ray mode. The solid, dense ground will be lighter than a sinkhole, or thin layer of skin."

Swap to x-ray, and look for the dark areas that indicate less dense materials, such as just skin covering a sinkhole.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2015, 04:51:15 am »

Quote from: Kyle to Miya
There was a fleshnami, also, The ground is trying to eat my legs.

"Then I suggest you make double the effort to get back here ASAP before the ground over ther eats you. The people in the jeeps have been safe for now, and I'm looking into creating an extra safe zone to stand on. And the guy who lost a leg really needs your help right, or he might bleed out."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »

Help anyone who is trying to get back on the jeep get on the jeep.

"Everyone okay here. Anyone need help?"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2015, 03:11:02 pm »

"GAAAHHH... FUUUCK that hurt... Shit shit shit shit!, I'll actually take arm Stan over this shit!"Pop (consume) permanent painkiller and attempt to get back to and in the nearest Jeep as soon as possible

((Thanks Radio =D))

You take the pill, permanently removing pain from your perception. You then attempt to hop back to the jeep. You fail these attempts rather spectacularly when the ground opens another mouth under your good leg and swallows it up to the hip. The long coat provides some protection this time, stopping the leg from getting bitten off but not from being broken.

"Help? Need some assistance here?"

Run the other way!
You turn to run the other way, but one of the increasingly large number of fucking mouths around here catches you by the foot and bites it right off. You ignore it and run, awkwardly, back toward the jeeps.

Er, wake up?
You jerk upright, awake.

"AAHHHHHH HELPING! AAHHHHHH...where am I?"

Er, wake up?
(Sorry!)
"Yeah!.. Uh." He looked around, double checking to make sure everything's in order.
Suddenly everything is alright again. Well, alright in that your mind isn't full of horrible delusions anymore. You're still stuck on a planet that hates you and is trying to eat you, which isn't much better.

Snapping into reality, Miya looks around for a second.

'... I really don't like this planet.'

"Ok troopers, let's get cracking!

Iveso, fly over and fetch Kyle, who wandered of for some reason, and bring him to the jeep with the wounded. After that, unlock the gunnerbots, tell them to get on a jeep to prevent being eaten and to scan around with their cameyes, and ty to link their videofeed to the rest of the team. Kyle, I don't know what you think you're doing, but get back here and help these people before all your patients go insane. First help Vincent, then Ryan so he can help you.

Steve, knock Zayne our for a sec. Eddie, take care of him, if he wakes up again and is still mind screwed tell Steve to zap him again.

Ronald, check the gunnerbot cameye vids, keep an eye out.

The rest of you either help restrain those still mindscrewed, or look out at the perimeter for more hostiles. Stay in the jeep for now, or the ground just eats you.

finally, Morul, I might need your help with the digging. Help me think for a sec how we could best go about it."

Primo, tell Steve to knock the ones still mindfucked unconscious. That'd be Zayne (shaporia), and Vincent (kedly) if having his leg snapped off didn't take him out of his hysteria.

Secundo, grab Vincent (kedly) and deposit him in a jeep (the least full one, jeep 1 I think) if he isn't already.

Tertio, think about how we could create a safe zone for our troops to stand on that's not a jeep. Would clearing a bit of ground with namite work? And how angry would this make the planet?

Quarto, think about how we could best dig down to the cluster. Would it go faster/safer (in terms of not damaging the cluster) to use the heavy laser, or the manip?

And finally quinto, search for a good spot in the hex where we could dig down, preferably without damaging too many nerves.

>Should I do that to anyone currently freaking out only, or just whenever someone starts to freak out?

You grab Vincent and yank him out of the ground before hucking him into jeep 1.

Clearing via fire is probably the best and most effective way to do it, but yeah, it's not gonna make the planet any happier with you. You are burning off long portions of it; it's gonna retaliate and try to grow back.

Hmm, laser is probably the best. Unless you want to look for an actual cave entrance on the low ground.

We'll assume you found one.

"Aye aye"

Look out for and warn of any incoming, checking the feeds from the gunnerbots
Well, there are  hell of a lot of mouths forming around here, including under the jeep tires. Thats something.

"HEY, THEY'RE TRYING TO EAT THE CAR! MAYDAY!"

Look out for danger and help out anyone who needs it onto the jeep. Don't die.
Danger is roughly everywhere. It's like the floor is lava except it's lava with teeth and it hates you.

"What is that pansy doing over there anyway? Whatever, gonna get him back in a moment."

Pull Kyle away from the onomonom ground and leave him on the jeep. Also unlock the gunnerbots, tell them to get on a jeep and scan around with their cameyes, and try to link their videofeed to the rest of the team.
You pick up kyle and carry him back to jeep 1. You then unlock the gunner bots and make their feeds available to anyone. Thats the good news. The questionably good or bad news is that the gunner bots start firing at the ground rather rapidly.

Concentrate on not losing control.
You seem to be doing alright now...for the moment.

"X-ray mode. The solid, dense ground will be lighter than a sinkhole, or thin layer of skin."

Swap to x-ray, and look for the dark areas that indicate less dense materials, such as just skin covering a sinkhole.
Nothing.

Help anyone who is trying to get back on the jeep get on the jeep.

"Everyone okay here. Anyone need help?"
You catch Kyle as Iveso hucks him into the jeep.

The rapidly growing number of mouths start chewing on the both jeep's tires and trying to tear them apart and flip the vehicle.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2015, 03:22:23 pm »

go to that spot that looks good for digging. Clear that area, and a good part around it, of the fucking toothy fungus, using namite or laser on diffuse setting. Then pick up the jeeps and place them on the safe(ish) cleared ground. Be sure to push the namite, if used, to the edge of the cleared zone with manip before putting peeps there. After that, start digging using the laser, aiming away from where I suspect the nerve cluster will be. Stop from time to time to check if the cavern has been breached or pull out sludge with manip if a lot has build up. Also talking to Steve.

"That's what happens when you run off like that Kyle. Now patch yourself up then help other wounded. You to, Ryan, help Vincent, he needs it.

Iveso, tell the gunnerbots not to shoot the ground anymore. Morul, I'm tasking you with establishing a perimeter on the cleared patch and keeping them safe while I dig. You have a flamethrower, use it if needed. They'll just all get eaten at this rate.

Rest of you fend off those mouths for a sec, then help keep that perimeter. Anyone not terrible with guns and not a medic can borrow my namite thrower for a moment.

>Should I do that to anyone currently freaking out only, or just whenever someone starts to freak out?
"Only those freaking out now, that'll suffice. How fast can you get the shuttles down here? And is that spaceship under our control yet? We could use a good distraction pretty soon."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:36:19 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2015, 03:23:59 pm »

Start healing peeps. Begining with myself.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2015, 03:35:55 pm »

"Yarr, leave me vessel alone, ye bloodthirsty sea!"

Burn the mouths away from me vessel with my amp, continue to keep an eye on the gunnerbot feeds looking for incoming
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:36:05 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2015, 04:06:26 pm »

If kj's in my jeep, work about wrapping up his foot with, fuck... Something? I don't want to try cauterizing with my PK amp just yet. Stop the bleeding.

If he's not, well, then assist Miya with my amp if he starts cooking off the ground, or tend to nearest compliant injured.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2015, 04:53:22 pm »

Zayne readied his mono-machete, prepared to cut away anything attempting to attack them, or the jeep. If he has to, he will ditch the jeep, and if possible helping someone else out of the jeep.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2015, 04:58:01 pm »

Hang around awkwardly because the mindfuck gun has been designated as "last resort" by leader. If glorious revolutionary leader flips jeep accidentally, attempt to land on him/on cleared ground.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »

"This is honestly the worst mission yet..." Check to make sure no on is turning into an abomination around me, then nab a flamethrower and start burninating the ground/mouths
(Also woo! My longcoat saved one of my legs!)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2015, 06:47:29 pm »

"Tek will try to help with the whole hungry ground problem.  Don't worry, last time he did this he set someone on fire.  Err.. that didn't come out right..."

Turn the mouths beneath the jeep to ash.  DON'T turn the jeep to ash.  Just start incinerating the ground all around the team.  Try not to incinerate the team.  Edit 2: focus mostly on any mouths attacking the ones doing the digging, with others lower priority.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:52:48 pm by Nunzillor »

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2015, 06:49:47 pm »

"..So, anybody else see that guy punching at me? Also, if you need help just yell over the radio."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 02, 2015, 01:53:38 am »

"Huh? Bugger, I keep forgetting I have this. I don't know how..."

Leap at Miyamoto, and hang onto him until we reach the spot to be burned, then start keeping the skin at bay best I can with Schrodinger's Flamer.

((I am never actually sure if I have the flamethrower.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45