Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 149

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!  (Read 97129 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!
« Reply #1530 on: February 28, 2016, 05:37:49 pm »

Aur stood his vigil, idling away the minutes. At the lack of response to his prior question he had felt he perhaps overstepped his bounds, falling into his current quiet vigil. The knight honestly didn't expect anything untoward to happen, but it never hurts to be prepared he supposes. For now, he spent his time on watch and occasionally glancing at his armor, mentally categorizing the various fixes and repairs that would eventually be needed.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 28, 2016, 06:15:09 pm »

"What has an appreciation for nature's creatures got to do with combat, beyond their use as warbeasts? Animals can be useful, but I don't see ow they otherwise fit into learning an effective fighting style.

I was always taught that mercy is a fool's game - you can only hope your foe does not threaten you again, or ou'll have to expend further resources to deal with him. If, however, you simply destory him in the first enconter - well, An enemy dealt with today is one that cannot return tomorrow."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 28, 2016, 07:15:44 pm »

Chance, having nodded off again, slowly drew his head upwards after a short reprieve.
: "...Sir Aurelian, though I appreciate the watch, you have no doubt remained awake as long as I have over the past few days. I do not believe your regenerative ability covers sleeplessness."
The mage remained silent for a second.
: "Oh- and, yes. To the earlier question."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 28, 2016, 07:46:29 pm »

Aur drew his mind back to the present at his name being called, focusing back on Chance. Oh, he fell asleep. The knight could honestly never really tell with the mage, and neither could he blame him. Its been a hard few last days with little to no rest nor sleep.

The red-haired knight nodded. "Yeah, we didn't get much chance to rest or sleep and... As far as I can tell, you're also right about that as well." Aur was, in fact, horrifically tired, keeping awake through mental effort and keeping himself busy.

"But still, can't sleep on the job. Once you two get released I'll catch up on my sleep then, I'll be fine for now. Even if the princess didn't give me this job I'd still check up on you two, she just gave me a good excuse, heheh."

His mood sunk a little at the response to his standing question was given. "...Ah. I'm sorry, for whatever that might be worth." The knight was silent for a few moments.

"Know that you'll always be Chance to us. It isn't for us to judge where you're from not to not trust you because of that. Because we know you as Chance, the magic-sensing mage who is helping save the world, a comrade in arms."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 28, 2016, 08:32:41 pm »

: "Saving the world... hm." The mage echoed, an ever slight hint of skepticism evident in his voice.
: "Regardless, you have nothing to apologize for, and I appreciate the thought."
Tilting his head up, Chance leaned over, facing Aurelian.
: "Incidentally... I have been able to see the working of your internal magic in the past expedition. You are a natural conduit, and indeed it fuels into your regeneration as well. Perhaps in another life you could have been a powerful mage." Chance scratched his chin, "...I hate to pry, but do you recall the earliest instance you may have seen that power at work? You say it likely was not inherited from your parents, and yet I suppose I am too curious to let the matter subside."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 29, 2016, 01:31:57 am »

"Oh, ah..." Aur scratched the back of his neck with a gauntlet-clad hand, not sure how to take the compliment. Aur, a mage? He never really thought much about it before, there wasn't much opportunity to study.

"Oh, its fine. Its pretty curious stuff to me too, honestly, so the more I can know about it the better. Let's see, the earliest instance?" The knight paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts.

"The earliest its been at work was when it made me sick, when I was pretty young. Back then we didn't really know why, but long story short with some help we eventually found out it was this weird magic that my body was doing. I didn't really understand the specifics of it, but basically I was healing 'incorrectly.'" The knight shrugged. "After we found that out, a tincture was devised to sort that out. Beyond that, I mostly saw it at work when I wound up hurting myself because I was careless or clearing bruises away during sparring."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 29, 2016, 03:04:37 pm »

An hour have passed...

...and Princess Rosana entered the dungeon, with few guards in tow. They opened the door leading into Chance's and Maribel's cell.

"Apologies for Aliberti's absence... he is busy in a tactical meeting. You two are free, but please do not leave the castle without me or Ali accompanying you. You are also off limits from the royal library and the barracks, at least for the duration of the rebellion. This is best he could bargain for. Aurelian, thank you for keeping an eye on them. Please find others and instruct them to rest, we will be leaving tomorrow."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:07:12 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 29, 2016, 03:54:37 pm »

"What has an appreciation for nature's creatures got to do with combat, beyond their use as warbeasts? Animals can be useful, but I don't see ow they otherwise fit into learning an effective fighting style.

"The idea is something like copying their movements or something like that? Like the the striking of a snake, and stuff like that."

"Actually maybe it was something about what animals to be afraid of. I was getting really bored when he got to that part..."

I was always taught that mercy is a fool's game - you can only hope your foe does not threaten you again, or you'll have to expend further resources to deal with him. If, however, you simply destory him in the first enconter - well, An enemy dealt with today is one that cannot return tomorrow."[/color]

"I guess so? I dunno." she shrugged. "Anyways, want to have another round?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 29, 2016, 03:57:24 pm »

Ayzebel settled back into her combat stance. She reached up and loosened her cloak a little, then nodded.
"I'm ready."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 29, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »

Miranda nodded, and got into a stance of her own. She closed her eyes, and took in a deep breath.

Her eyes opened, and in a second she was lunging across the field until she was in front of Ayz. Shifting to a more grounded stance, with one foot in front of the other, she advanced on her with a barrage of punches.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 29, 2016, 04:22:53 pm »

Ayzebel's eyes widened a fraction, taken aback at the sudden speed Miranda showed. Her teeth gritted, Ayz blocked and slapped aside most of the blows. One caught her in the stomach, and she used the movement to wrench off her cloak and tossed it at Miranda, before thrust-kicking towards her chest.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 29, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »

Miranda took the blow in the side and was forced to step back. The cloak hit her in the face, blinding her for a moment before she pushed it out of the way.

She took a quick scan of her surroundings to re-situate herself, before running towards the other girl again, swinging her leg in an arcing kick.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 29, 2016, 04:51:24 pm »

"Predictable."

She rolled to the side and launched a sweep at Miranda's remaining leg.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 29, 2016, 05:12:26 pm »

Miranda was knocked down by Ayz's sweep, but used her momentum to swing her own legs into Ayz, pushing against the ground with her hands.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 29, 2016, 05:32:49 pm »

Ayz allowed herself to stumble onto Miranda, straddling her and beginning to rain down punches.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 149