Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57457 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2015, 09:12:51 am »

EDIT2: Regarding the Mastered Super Saiyan state, I think you're referring to Full-Power Super Saiyan. It doesn't provide any extra power, it just takes away the psychological changes the Super Saiyan form brings and reduces ki consumption to negligible amounts, allowing the extra ki to be focused into attacks and stamina use. Also, someone sensing a Saiyan in the state would sense them as if they were in their base form. Again, feel free to take or ignore as much as you want.

I personally think that 'Mastered' is a better term for it than 'Full-Powered', considering what it is required to be done to be able to reach that state.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2015, 10:36:56 am »

Could we please have some guidelines on Exertion? I still don't have that stat for any of my techniques  :-\,
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2015, 04:29:34 pm »

Important question: is fusion possible?
Black lives matter.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2015, 04:30:50 pm »

Nemekians can do it as a class skill, so apparently yes.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2015, 06:11:00 pm »

Could we please have some guidelines on Exertion? I still don't have that stat for any of my techniques  :-\,

Maybe 1.5 points of exertion per power, with another 1 point per additional effect (ex. Kienzan's ability to automatically cut through things can far outclass it in power, to a point).  Non-damaging would vary, but in terms of constant it would be .5 per round and non-constant would be 1 point per effect.  In addition, there would be an additional .5 applied to non-mastered techniques (in the case of creation, it would be techniques 4 and 5.)

Namekians can fuse naturally, and the Fusion Dance technique and Potara Fusion Earrings do have a chance to be found.  Technically you could also have a temporary one with a Majiin, due to their ability to temporarily absorb another being.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2015, 06:24:44 pm »

Could a majin Train their natural malleability/Liquid-consistency in theory? It would be pretty sweet for a majin to just straight up eat Z-metal Powder and train until it can turn into a weapon on command. Also reqorked my techniques to fit this constraint.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »

Is being able to fire ki blasts from the feet an ability or a technique?

EDIT: Maybe regrowing lost limbs should be a Namekian ability?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:41:51 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2015, 01:02:58 am »

Spoiler: Pree Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:14:53 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2015, 01:23:18 am »

Say, Zanzetkuken, have you changed the way magic works since the first game, or is it still the exact same?
Please answer the question, if you wouldn't mind terribly.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2015, 07:08:00 am »

What is the time per round?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2015, 09:05:01 am »

Say, Zanzetkuken, have you changed the way magic works since the first game, or is it still the exact same?
Please answer the question, if you wouldn't mind terribly.

Can you bring up what I had said it was?  I don't remember what it was and couldn't find anything about it when I had gone into the old thread.

What is the time per round?

Variable, as everything speeds up with higher levels of power.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2015, 10:08:20 am »

....Did you even bother reading the OP? It wasn't that long. Every attack you have is absurdly overpowered (1+1 per ten seconds of charge time was the suggested damage. You have at least one with a zero charge time that does 8 damage.)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 02:13:19 pm »

Posting from iPod, so please excuse the lack of quote as the post it's in is very much a wall of text. If its vital, I'll provide a link.
Anyway, you basically said that Ki works within the laws of reality, while magic bends said laws.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2015, 05:19:18 pm »

....Did you even bother reading the OP? It wasn't that long. Every attack you have is absurdly overpowered (1+1 per ten seconds of charge time was the suggested damage. You have at least one with a zero charge time that does 8 damage.)
That's because that attack doesn't need to be charged up, but it takes several seconds to get through all the damage and each of the 0.8 shots that attack represents is a single attack that can be dodged or could simply miss. As for the actual rules, though, I'll be honest and say that I entirely forgot about them and was using my imagination and basing it off our health and focus. I'll rebalance my character soon. Thanks for telling me.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »

That's because that attack doesn't need to be charged up, but it takes several seconds to get through all the damage and each of the 0.8 shots that attack represents is a single attack that can be dodged or could simply miss. As for the actual rules, though, I'll be honest and say that I entirely forgot about them and was using my imagination and basing it off our health and focus. I'll rebalance my character soon. Thanks for telling me.

Don't forget that you can only have only 5 attacks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47