Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: (ISG) Cave Quest  (Read 21439 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cave Quest
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2015, 02:41:01 pm »

Apologize to this necronomicon, and stop scaring the orb. Read the necronomicon. Combine ball of frustration with itself, then combine that spell with itself, then repeat until the spell's mana cost reaches the maximum amount of mana you can have currently, then (without casting it) find out how mad it will make people. Is it a curse of eternal frustration?

Stonut: to battle!
-1, instead adopt the flesh horror as a pet/son/daughter/child.
+1 also read necromancy book
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2015, 08:33:02 pm »

Stonut: attempt "diplomacy" with the monster
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2015, 01:18:32 pm »

Knit bookbag from cobwebs.

You knit yourself a cave spider silk spider bookbag, complete with four eyed cuteness and silky huggable happiness.

You now have an inventory! You quickly shove your books into the inventory, in stacks of three each.

Current books are:

Necromancy and You: A Beginners Guide to Raising the Dead
Demons, Spirits, Gods, and the Undead: A Guide to the Supernatural
Five Issues of Necrobone monthly
The Cultist's Cookbook
Fear and How to Control It
Grobnak and You: An informational handbook on the delights of death god worship
The Dread Pirate Stockman: A choose Your own adventure tale

Apologize to the necronomicon, and stop scaring the orb. Read the necronomicon.

"Oh you're sorry are you? Is that what you call punching me on the cover? You know what, why don't you just cuddle with the scrying orb, obviously you two get along sooooo much better..."

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, yes! Talk to me! You are like the cutest thing ever I just, I can't even, oh my gods, it's just... oh my... nnnnnnngh. Hey hey! Can you take me with you? Can you? Can you? I just... I can't even take sticking around with these lame butt cultists! You know how long it's been since I've been with proper company? Like... oh my gods, it's just totally unbearable! You know what they make me do? All I do is locate sacrifices for them, so lame and whatever! I just want to go out and have a... like... proper party and whatever, you know? It's like totally boring with the only person around to talk to is the Necroniminicon! He's so angry and grumpy all the time, it's just nnngh... you know? I mean, like, we would be totally great together you know? Oh oh! I know! If you take me with you, I'll totally get you an airship! My cousin is totally hooked up my kobold brah! So uh... what's your name? What's your favorite color? Do you like fish? I like fish... always swi..."

"Oh great, now you've got it talking... you'll never shut it up now. You know what? Why don't you just shove that skull of yours right up your ass. You're just a dime a dozen slack-jawed moron that I've gotta deal with so wh-"

You open the necroniminicon and shut him up.

Most of the book is completely alien and way past your skill level, but you manage to figure out one useful excerpt from the book:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You feel as if you could learn more from this book if you became better at necromancy.

You have learned a new spell: Fleshcrafting!

Mold dead flesh into mundane objects!

Currently known spells are:

Summon Cup of Water
Ball of Frustration
Summon Cup of Frustration
Fleshcrafting

Nekrobold: examine stuff on table

You see lying on the table a human heart, a pair of tongs, a pokey thing, a ritual blade, a banana, and The Boot.

Combine ball of frustration with itself, then combine that spell with itself, then repeat until the spell's mana cost reaches the maximum amount of mana you can have currently, then (without casting it) find out how mad it will make people. Is it a curse of eternal frustration?

You have learned a new spell: Nothing!

Wow what a waste of time!

Combining a spell with itself causes deconstructive interference, not constructive interference!

Currently Known spells are:

Summon Cup of Water
Ball of Frustration
Summon Cup of Frustration
Fleshcrafting
Nothing

Stonut: attempt "diplomacy" with the monster

You attempt to reason with the monster, telling it that we're all friends here and that he could become your very own son... daughter... blobby... monster... thing?

The Many Faced Horror retorts with a resounding slam against your head. Good thing you were wearing your very flat, metal sombrero!

Stonut: to battle!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2015, 02:46:17 pm »

Stonut: be not dead

Nekrobold: stuff the crystal ball and necronomicon into your inventory

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2015, 03:46:41 pm »

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2015, 04:36:43 pm »

oh nooooooo
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2015, 04:53:03 pm »

Nekrobold: Fleshcraft a sword out of the heart on the table, then wield that with the Ritual Blade, and put on The Boot.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2015, 05:41:18 pm »

+1

Stonut, Perform the rare and highly dangerous Stordnut Spin-Hack-And-Slash slash Strike STRIKE Spin, Where you use your sword, Sword in the stone, Metal sombrero, and Stone Donut tutu to perform a 4-Dimentional spin slash, which causes your past and future selves to attack with you!
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2015, 07:20:01 pm »

Are you sure you want to try such a dangerous attack? It may have unintended metaphysical consequences.

Edit: It is too late to go back now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:10:43 pm by Mooply »

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2015, 08:10:14 pm »

You stuff the scrying orb and the necroniminicon into your cave spider silk spider bookbag. You can still faintly hear them bicker to each other.

Nekrobold: Fleshcraft a sword out of the heart on the table, then wield that with the Ritual Blade, and put on The Boot.

You put on The Boot but it is far too big for you to wear. You feel comfy and safe in the giant boot though.

There isn't enough flesh to craft a sword but you do manage to make a keen looking dagger. You put it in your inventory for now as your current weapon is the Staff of Necrobold. You shove the giant boot into your bag as well.

The ritual blade is far too big and unwieldy to carry for your small frame so you leave it on the table.

Of course you're not dead silly! Due to your abnormally high health stat of 500, you only took minor damage from the crippling fatal wound through your chest. Ow... this kind've hurts...

Stonut, Perform the rare and highly dangerous Stordnut Spin-Hack-And-Slash slash Strike STRIKE Spin, Where you use your sword, Sword in the stone, Metal sombrero, and Stone Donut tutu to perform a 4-Dimentional spin slash, which causes your past and future selves to attack with you!

You've had enough kidding around with this damn blood abomination and decide to use your most powerful attack... the Stordnut Spin-Hack-And-Slash slash Strike STRIKE Spin. But first you'll need some help.

You invoke the technique and bring forth your poorly drawn past self and your future self for the ultimate strike.

Shit just got slightly more real.

You all stare down the beast and all try to think of a really cool one liner. Your future self says that he never thought of anything cool enough at the time. He said he was going to get around to making an awesome one liner but he lost the sheet of paper he wrote it on.

You manage to hit a critical physical retort!

The Many Faced Horror has taken serious damage!

The Many Faced Horror has been slain!

It has dropped a sepulcher stone!

Stonut has ranked up!

Belligerence has increased from 37 to 40!

Neck Strength has increased from 135 to 140!

Sass has increased from 14 to 20!

Health has increased from 500 to 525!

Your past and future selves go back to their respective timelines just as your future self says that he remembers the awesome one liner.

Oh well, you'll probably figure out something cool to say and write it down.

Time and space reorganize themselves as you belligerently defied the laws of the universe. A pocket universe opens up and envelops the entrance to the stairs!

The stones and tower shift around you suddenly as reality alters itself in the tower. You feel like some idiot messed with the space-time continuum.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:27:22 pm by Mooply »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2015, 08:35:30 pm »

Nekrobold: buy an avocado from the vending machine

Stonut: body slam the task board, it is no match for your stonutty power!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2015, 08:37:42 pm »

Stonut: Inspect the tentacle monster thingies stone!

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2015, 01:08:55 pm »

Stonut: Inspect the tentacle monster thingies stone!

It is a sepulcher stone! A mystical stone that holds dark necromantic secrets within. It smells a bit like fish.

Stonut: body slam the task board, it is no match for your stonutty power!

You body slam right through the chore board and destroy the last remnants of the board!

You have entered a secret area! You see around the room an extravagant rug with a unique design, a rope reed fiber ant weapon bag, an urn, and a pile of zeni.

Nekrobold: buy an avocado from the vending machine.

There's not an avocado on sale in the vending machine! Seems it only sells meat and meat based products. Besides, you don't have any zeni to buy anything!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »

Stonut: collect inventory bag then roll in the pile of gold

Kobold: what was that noise? Go downstairs to check it out.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2015, 03:09:22 pm »

Stone pick the Sepulcher stone and give it to Nerkobold through the use of shared inventory
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11