Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Help me get better at DMing: is this game way, way too wordy?

Holy shit yes
- 0 (0%)
Slightly less long-winded would be better.
- 0 (0%)
No, it's fine as it is.
- 6 (60%)
I am dangerously insane and demand an excess of words. Double the length of each update.
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: [ISG] Teovanth  (Read 22630 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Teovanth
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2015, 12:01:39 am »

That was really funny. :D I especially liked the third expression - it reminds me of something I'd see in a Disney movie. Also, Roman dwarves? Genius!

3. Set up camp hidden amongst the roots of the trees

This would probably be safest because it is a forest and we are an elf.
+1?
All of these choices are bad, but this one is the least bad. +1

+1
+1

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2015, 02:42:39 pm »

There's a pretty clear consensus that Taliss will be heading down to the forest for the night, but there are only two contradictory votes on defenses. If no one else has an opinion on the matter, I'll flip a coin or something, but it'd be nice to have a majority vote on it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2015, 06:31:49 pm »

Bump. Seriously, what should we do for our defences? Perimeter of mines or field of indifference?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »

Field of indifference.

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2015, 08:07:38 pm »

We should make an illusion rune that will hide us from them. Its better than combat or traps, because both of those would just draw more to us. Yeah, we should make a rune that makes our camp invisible to outsiders.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 09:30:15 pm »

I'm gonna level with you all: by the time the deciding vote for defenses was cast, I'd already done the update's line art, which didn't match with the vote. So, you get the first two suggested wards, with the update adapted to include both because it took less effort than redrawing everything. Sorry, Peradon.

That was really funny. :D I especially liked the third expression - it reminds me of something I'd see in a Disney movie. Also, Roman dwarves? Genius!

3. Set up camp hidden amongst the roots of the trees

This would probably be safest because it is a forest and we are an elf.
+1?
All of these choices are bad, but this one is the least bad. +1

+1
+1
Scratch a bunch of runes that make a loud noise when something other than us comes near (Preferably a noise only we can hear). Also, land mine runes, as many as can be considered safe.
Scratch a bunch of runes that make a loud noise when something other than us comes near (Preferably a noise only we can hear). Also, land mine runes, as many as can be considered safe.
Not very wise. We'll be woken up by whatever small animal comes along and it'll probably attract more dangerous beasts that would've otherwise left us alone. A ward that prevents people from moving past it or a ward of indifference - animals who go into its area of effect lose all interest in being in that area - would be better for our purposes.
Field of indifference.

You had found a cluster of trees to shield you from both sight and the wind, and among the trees' roots you set up camp - if it could really be called a 'camp'. Your preparations consisted of carving a few runes into nearby trees and wearily curling up in the shelter of the gnarled tangle of roots.

You wake with a start as a deep, echoing, brassy noise blares in your head, slowly fading into nothingness. Something tripped your alarm ward.

You slowly reposition yourself so that you can see over the roots surrounding you. In a clearing some distance away, a hooded figure crouches in the snow. He doesn't seem to be looking in your direction, fortunately. After a moment, he stands and quietly walks across the clearing perpendicular to your position before idly turning and drifting farther away. Once he reaches a certain distance from you, he pauses and looks back at where he came from before repeating the cycle: crouch, walk, turn, pause.

It occurs to you that fresh snow hasn't fallen since you tromped off the path to your shelter.

He's caught in the indifference ward, but he keeps remembering what he was doing when he leaves its radius. Sooner or later the ward will run out of juice and your position will be unprotected beyond what cover the trees offer.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2015, 09:36:06 pm »

Gosh darn stinkin humans.... Too smart for their own good.

Psst at him, trying to get him to come over. Thats better than letting him find us on our own. HOPEFULLY, he wont try to kill us.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2015, 09:39:39 pm »

Looks like he has a bow and arrow...A hunter, maybe? Assassin seems fitting too, but I can't imagine anyone would send an assassin after us. Either way, whether we talk or fight, we'd want a better vantage point. Climb a tree, preferably while he's in the field of indifference.

Then, once he's out of the field...Well, I'm not sure. Attacking would initiate hostilities should he not be aggressive prior. A conversation would give away our position if he is.

Neither option is really safe...Maybe we should dispel the field of indifference, let him go on his way, and recreate it? Hrm. We could lose a potentially valuable ally, in that case. Damn. Well, all told, I think our best option would be to ask him what he's doing here.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2015, 09:50:55 pm »

Let's just run away as quickly and quietly as possible. Hopefully he won't care for us as we head to our goal.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 10:17:53 pm »

Let's just run away as quickly and quietly as possible. Hopefully he won't care for us as we head to our goal.
He'd still care about us. The indifference ward only works on beings inside the field and they're only indifferent to other things inside the field with them. If we were to leave the field, they'd care about us even if they were still inside.

Gosh darn stinkin humans.... Too smart for their own good.

Psst at him, trying to get him to come over. Thats better than letting him find us on our own. HOPEFULLY, he wont try to kill us.
That wouldn't work. Once inside the field he'll become indifferent to us and will leave the field anyway.

Leaving is definitely the best option, as 3man75 said, but we need to make sure he doesn't spot us, the only traces we leave behind being left behind within the field.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 10:28:33 pm »

#1 - Awesome art
#2 - The fact that there are no tracks anywhere around the crouched figure when no new snow has fallen worries me. There are night creatures that don't leave tracks after all. It seems strange to immediately assume 'human' when we were expressly warned only a little bit before.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2015, 01:35:23 pm »

#1 - Awesome art
#2 - The fact that there are no tracks anywhere around the crouched figure when no new snow has fallen worries me. There are night creatures that don't leave tracks after all. It seems strange to immediately assume 'human' when we were expressly warned only a little bit before.

#1 - Thanks!
Spoiler: #2 (click to show/hide)
Just sayin'.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2015, 09:05:08 pm »

Sorry for the double-post, but I need a consensus before I start on the next update. Currently there are two votes for initiating a dialogue and two for absconding.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2015, 09:07:24 pm »

Just to break the tie, I'll vote for dialogue. To do the dialogue, though, we'll have to wait until he leaves the field again. Also, I totally stole the indifference field idea from Skulduggery Pleasant.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2015, 04:30:52 pm »

ask him what he's doing here.
Just to break the tie, I'll vote for dialogue.

As the indifference field wears off, you peek out from behind your shelter and softly call out to the man.

Oops.

As you reconsider your life choices, several things happen at once. The hunter whirls to face you and breaks into a dead sprint, moving faster than you would have thought possible. His lips raise into a snarl as an animalistic growl wells up from his throat. As he approaches you, you see movement in the direction he was originally facing: a large, dark form slides down the trunk of a tree, barely visible in the moonlight. A hissing, guttural roar echoes through the forest as the shadow rockets towards the hunter, who skids to a halt in an instant and leaps straight up into the air. Twisting his body to avoid the the creature's jagged claws, he lands on the monster's back as it pounces on the ground he had stood on moments before. For one moment, your eyes meet again, and you can see only a mindless blood rage reflected back at you.

You duck back out of sight.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12