Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89152 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 0)
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2015, 01:35:58 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

((Right, I'll fix this. Sorry!))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 1)
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 01:43:41 pm »

Willhelm moves closer to the Wolf with pups, close enough that he can clearly see them.

"P-puppies!"

He begins to move closer, but stops. The abbot had warned him about wild animals more than once. And especially after that episode with the geese, Willhelm was a lot more wary now. Willhelm keeps his distance and waves

"Bright is the light of His creation, puppies!"

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 01:10:40 am »

*Bark!* Zikal tries to show the traveler that he has no ill intent. Turning back to the puppies, he ponders a way to fix the problem he just exacerbated I guess summoning a different male wolf is the only way. Hopefully the traveler is not too surprised..

Summon a different wolf to take care of the problem. If successful, try to explore the mysterious noise, after making sure the passerby does not endanger or is endangered by the wolves.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 02:45:21 am »

((By the way, I have clarified the way some of the thoughtform traits work.

Ignithas summons memories of the past. What this means is that the memories no longer exist in your mind. You cannot create duplicates.
Aganis typically requires one to create a spell and then cast it another turn. Archae is skilled enough that he can write and cast simple spells in one turn, simple spells being partial transformations, morphing small animals, and so on.
Nereithas works like Ignithas, but we don't have any prolific dreamers here.))

Willhelm moves closer to the Wolf with pups, close enough that he can clearly see them.

"P-puppies!"

He begins to move closer, but stops. The abbot had warned him about wild animals more than once. And especially after that episode with the geese, Willhelm was a lot more wary now. Willhelm keeps his distance and waves

"Bright is the light of His creation, puppies!"

[3][5] You take a good look at the puppies. They are cold, shivering, and hardly alive. You do wonder how they might have ended up here. Regardless, these are wild animals. Taking them into captivity, even for their own good, would put them in a completely alien environment, outside of their natural place. Still, you know of a nearby abbey which runs a zoo for injured or otherwise interesting animals. Nobles will pay good money to see the wonders of nature without actually going out into nature.

Another wolf pops out of the snow, apparently having burrowed underneath. It barks a couple of times, approaching the original wolf snarling. The first wolf retreats, and the new wolf turns around and runs toward the injured female wolf, helping it back to its cubs. A new group of wolves appears and begins to take care of the cubs and split up duties.

You have a large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have 14 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

*Bark!* Zikal tries to show the traveler that he has no ill intent. Turning back to the puppies, he ponders a way to fix the problem he just exacerbated I guess summoning a different male wolf is the only way. Hopefully the traveler is not too surprised..

Summon a different wolf to take care of the problem. If successful, try to explore the mysterious noise, after making sure the passerby does not endanger or is endangered by the wolves.

[2][6] You summon a wolf you remember to have been fairly loyal to its master. Perhaps its loyalty would translate over to its new life. It climbs out of the snow beside you, then barks at you and snarles. You retreat, appeasing it, and then it runs back and helps the she-wolf back to its cubs. It then goes off, presumably to hunt rabbits. Without a pack, though, it might starve. You summon about five new wolves to complete the pack, which migrate into the scene from the distance.

Meanwhile, you continue to hear the chimes from the mound ten yards, which get louder as you approach, but do not get noticeably louder once you are about five yards away.

You had a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab)) (thrown attacks must be recovered)
You had 10 Javelin memories (strong)
You had about thirty Hours

Archae nods slowly, and hands over the payment. Using the falchion, he shears the thorns from a portion of the branch, to allow a better handhold.

[1][2] The falchion does not work exceptionally well in cutting the spines off. The pine coating is hard and crstal-like, hard as glass. This makes certain strains of Coniferum desireable for their glass. Pine glass is a significant export from plantations in the lower Ranj, home of the Orange People, the ones who experiment with all manner of domestication and selective breeding.
You decide to stop, in order to not dull the blade. The shopkeeper stares at you, displeased with the use you've found for his masterpiece.

Outside, a woman in a thick, bright green robe walks in while reading some scrolls. Arriving at the counter, she rolls up the bundle and fits them into a cylinder tied to her waist. She begins to speak to the smith.
Visitor: I'm glad you're here. Can I get a report on my instrument's status?
Smith: It's coming along well, I don't have much to say other than that everything is going according to plan.
Visitor: Splendid. I predict you'll run into some trouble once you get to the linear transducer. I'll need to secure a source of raw materials for you.
Smith: Eh, I haven't got to that part yet...

The visitor turns to examine the vast array of ornamental armor sets and royal furnishings. This smith appears to market a lot of products toward the nobility. Meanwhile, the smith himself blurts out after having fully read the plans.
Smith: Crikey! What are you trying to make me build here? Pixie dust? Sprite powder? You tellin' me to put faeries in a bag and mulch 'em up?
Visitor: No, the faeries aren't useful to us. It's the sprites and the pixies that are. Those tend to be found in the forests and wilderness, and they're anything but benign. Like I said, I've yet to find a source for them.
Smith: Okay okay, so these pixies and sprites are different things. What's this contraption do exactly?
Visitor: It's an elemental junction. There is no practical use for it, but I would like to build one for teaching purposes.
Smith: Sounds like you need an elf to market this stuff...
Visitor: I'm not interested in turning this into a business.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silverseel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have about seventy Hours

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

"Sure no one should check what's going on? Pal, just be cool. I'm not looking for trouble, but whatever's happening upstairs seems to be plenty of it. Anyone who can still walk should follow me to take a look." Leonhard replies. It's his time off so he really isn't in the mood for getting into a fight he won't get paid for and may land him in a bad situation with the justice system. Besides, drunk men are not the kind of people you should take offense to.

Try to convince the men into being less hostile and calming down. If it fails, just leave the tavern with Klein and head where he wants to. If successful, carefully try to check what's going upstairs. Carefully doesn't mean sneakily, but "deliberate and alert, ready to bolt or fight if necessary".

[3][2] Your words elicit snickering, for the most part. But nobody shows any intent of harming you. Even drunkards have a modicum of common sense.
[6][3] You climb up the stairs, ready to strike back at anything that shows up. The door at the top is unlocked, but closed, so you stand by and listen. The fighting has stopped, and you hear a single set of footsteps walking at a steady pace across the hall, toward the back of the inn.

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

bah, it doesn't matter that much, just apply some speed to the problem. If he needs assistance getting up here then he'll have trouble going from roof to roof. I continue going on my way, unfurling my wings and using them to help myself stay far ahead of my pursuer. same movement target as before.

[5][1] You have considerable speed, but the Nobleman himself is quite nimble, and manages to bring himself to roof level through climbing on top of some wine crates stacked against a building. He is faster than you on foot, so you are forced to use your wings to outrun him.
Nobleman: Come back, you craven beast!

[3][6] The walls are continuous all around, supported by eight wide turrets with two layers patrolled by tower archers. The first layer is many yards apart from the second layer, but it reaches ten yards below the second level, fifteen yards above the ground in total. You quickly spot an opening in the first level's patrols, which would allow you to fly close to the wall and climb on top with a minimal chance of being spotted. The second layer has considerably more coverage, and while the archers themselves aren't necessarily watching the other walls alertly, they will definitely notice you crossing the walls right past them.

Looking through the currently-open gate, you see an internal moat between the walls, and thereafter notice wells located on the top level of each turret.

It is the 2nd hour after noon, and the Twin Suns are obscured by a cloudy blanket.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 3)
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2015, 07:51:08 am »

Willhelm looks at the wolves popping out of nowhere, idly wondering if this is how wolves behave in the wild. Once the wolves take off, he looks over at the one remaining wolf.

"Truly, is not pityable to be alone in His glorious creation? Is it not His will that the faithful should shepard the lost?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2015, 02:20:50 pm »

((... Hours? hunuh, w/e. I'm sure everyone who they apply to knows what they are.))

Action PM'd
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2015, 04:12:09 pm »

((... Hours? hunuh, w/e. I'm sure everyone who they apply to knows what they are.))

Action PM'd

((Hmm?

The idea is the same as a denarius, but split up into hours of work rather than days to make spending them easier. One coin is one hour of labor for the average burgher.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2015, 04:13:08 pm »

Bah. Attempt to inquire about the woman's experiment.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2015, 05:40:30 pm »

Zikal takes not of the human, who watched him go to the mound. He does not know whether he is naive, or confident. I'm not sure which would be more unsettling. Focusing on the mound, he decides that perhaps the sound comes from within the mound.

Start digging the mound to find the source of the sound.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:51:02 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2015, 06:07:46 pm »

Seeing the puppy dig, Willhelm becomes curious.

"What hope you to find in this desolate corner where His light does not shine ?

watch the wolf dig

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:49 pm »

((Just waiting on Caellath. In the meantime, I will advance Pencil_Art's situation since it's nothing but dialogue.))

Bah. Attempt to inquire about the woman's experiment.

[1][3] The visitor does not seem to understand what you are trying to communicate, but she gets that you can't talk.

Visitor: I'm sorry, do you need a piece of paper to write on? I have a notepad and a lead, let me get it out.
She removes the items from her bag, allowing you to communicate more clearly.

Visitor: Ah, the junction. The key part of it is a junction between a slab of sintered pixe dust and a slab of cast sprite powder. The two types of ethereal creatures have opposite elemental properties, and this leads to some interesting interactions when connected to certain sources of electricus. My colleagues and I refer to it as a diode.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2015, 12:25:29 am »

Thank the woman, and walk outside. Look int the inn and see if anything interesting is happening there. Watch out for anything unusual along the way. Continue attempting to shear enough spines off to make a handhold.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:28:56 am by Pencil_Art »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2015, 01:29:50 am »

Thank the woman, and walk outside. Look int the inn and see if anything interesting is happening there. Watch out for anything unusual along the way. Continue attempting to shear enough spines off to make a handhold.

Before you leave, the visitor adds:
Visitor: I still need a supplier for the dusts. Do you happen to know a horticulturalist or someone else who might spend a lot of time in the forest? I have a design for a sprite trap but I don't have any practical experience with catching them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2015, 10:30:43 am »

((I'll assume the steps aren't coming towards me.))

Leonhard pushes the door open and tries to communicate with whoever's on the other side, making sure Klein's still around and safe. "Who goes there?!"

Open the door and initiate conversation. Stay on the moderate cover provided by a corner or the doorway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2015, 03:56:25 pm »

Archae stops. He motions to the faerie on his shoulder, and tries to communicate that he can handle animals fairly well and spends a lot of time in the woods, but doesn't know anybody else, and thanks anyhow.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:16:59 pm by Pencil_Art »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40