Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89146 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 3)
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2015, 04:19:16 pm »

Seeing the puppy dig, Willhelm becomes curious.

"What hope you to find in this desolate corner where His light does not shine ?

watch the wolf dig

The wolf quietly digs out a mound of snow. It jumps back after reaching the ground, which means it probably found something. It then looks at you, or more likely past you, toward the other wolves. You turn around and see a small congregation of pixies, small glowing ball-shaped creatures on two short, stubby pairs of insect wings. Pixies are known for leading adventurers off of trails and getting them lost in the wilds, but they rarely inhabit regions cropland places such as this area.

You have a large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have 14 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Zikal takes not of the human, who watched him go to the mound. He does not know whether he is naive, or confident. I'm not sure which would be more unsettling. Focusing on the mound, he decides that perhaps the sound comes from within the mound.

Start digging the mound to find the source of the sound.

[5][2] Using your doggie skills, you start unpiling snow at the desired location. The ringing continues in your ears, but you're not sure if it's an actual sound or something inside your head. Either way, you determine it to be coming from a strange, rounded piece of crystal colored white like an eye. It seems to have a pupil at the top which--MOVES. The giant eye looks at you! [2][3] You jump back, but the chimes continue at greater intensity than before, and the eye remains fixed on you no matter what.

You hear walking and turn to see a woman walking up behind the human. She is surrounded by glowing orbs, each flying on two pairs of insect-like wings. The woman herself is dressed in snow-white robes trimmed with golden fabric, and on her head is a crown.

She speaks in a voice like the howling wind.
"Why do you disturb the eyes of nature?" She chuckles afterward in a vaguely human way. "Of course, some things are not meant to be seen."
The eye closes, and fades into the dirt.
"Zikal, you are not like most men. I pity that one," she glances at the man, who seems to have watched you dig, unaware of the woman's presence. "He sees himself as a servant, and a servant he shall remain. You, however, are a seeker, but you will no longer seek. I call upon you to visit the castle on the shore of the Lake of Dreams. Take this man with you. He may be a servant, but he is a righteous one."

You had a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab)) (thrown attacks must be recovered)
You had 10 Javelin memories (strong)
You had about thirty Hours

You remember the Lady of Winter (strong)

Archae stops. He motions to the faerie on his shoulder, and tries to communicate that he can handle animals fairly well, but didn't know anybody else, and thanks anyhow.

The scholar nods, and presses on.
Visitor: I see that, do you have any plans to travel through the woods? If you could set this up on a tree branch and check it on your return trip, that would be great.
She hands you a trap. It is a small cylinder made of leather and textured like wood, with several imitation leaves pasted on. The trap does not seem to have any bait, so its effectiveness is uncertain to you.

Looking outside, you immediately notice a decorated noble with some kind of Court Astrologer at his side in the typical astrologer's suit. The noble's hat, though narrow-brimmed, seems to be blocking a lot of light to his face, giving him the characteristic look of a shady person.
Nobles are rare in cities, from your experience, but they do make visits sometimes.

You look toward the inn, and hear a thud from the alley behind it. Sounds like something's just fallen.

For the most part, however, business is as usual. Families, burghers, scholars, and peasants all walk within their own isolated circles. A group of artisans marches on, the rear two personnel carrying stacks of textiles. Faeries are congregating in whatever places are left, especially around the inn.

The stick's spiny coating continues to prove resistant to the shearing action. You will need more force, since it's clear the glassy substance won't cut like normal bark.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silverseel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have about seventy Hours

((I'll assume the steps aren't coming towards me.))

Leonhard pushes the door open and tries to communicate with whoever's on the other side, making sure Klein's still around and safe. "Who goes there?!"

Open the door and initiate conversation. Stay on the moderate cover provided by a corner or the doorway.

[3][5] You open the door just as you hear windows sliding. You cry out to whoever is there, but receive no response. The doors of the hall ahead of you are closed except for two. One of them leads to the room where the window was opened, while the other leads into some dark room. The hallway itself is decorated with several small shelves lined up on the walls between the doors, each with various tomes of fiction, philosophy, and culture.

You hear the rustling of fabrics, as if someone is crawling across a bed. You then hear a loud tear, coming from the same room as the rustling and the opening of the window.

You feel something light brush against your shoulder.

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

You jump down from the rooftops into a shadowy alley, and listen to see if you are still being pursued. To your sides are storefronts, "The Old Shop" and "Kin's Armory" respectively.

[3][1] You hear the nobleman coming just above you, so you look for a place to hide. But he reaches the edge of the roof before you can conceal yourself.
Nobleman: I have you now, fiend!
He leaps down onto one of the store signs, which each hang from a wooden cantilever attached to the wall. The cantilever snaps when he sets foot on it, but it slows his fall enough that he lands in fighting condition. After landing, he charges at you.

[4][5] You manage to slip right past him and evade his onslaught, for now. The nobleman spends a couple of minutes searching for you, but you remain unseen, and eventually the astrologer arrives, having followed the chase on the roads.
Arnold: Good heavens, are you okay?
Nobleman: Gentlemen, I have failed in the most ignominious of ways! The beast was at my fingertips, just outside the reach of my blade. And then I lost it. It slipped off into the shadows, and I could not find it afterward.
Arnold: I would not fret. You did your part.
Nobleman: That murderous creature took a victim today. Do you believe it will renounce its ways and live in harmony with us? How was that poor sap in the alley killed, anyway?
Arnold: Stabbed with her own blade, it seems.
Nobleman: Damnation.

The noble expresses his desire to continue on his trip, toward the University, to speak with a renowned scholar named Heroditus Monacus. A Vaykor by birth and a seaman by heart, Heroditus was performing research on the mysterious "krakens" infesting the waters of the north, cutting off all access to a rumored pair of islands shrouded in mystery.

It is the 2nd hour after noon, and the Twin Suns are obscured by a cloudy blanket.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:29:23 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2015, 05:48:55 pm »

Check out the thud behind the inn. If possible hostiles are in sight, stay hidden.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 4)
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2015, 12:28:35 am »

Zikal had no idea about what he was seeing. The other man did not seem to notice the woman. Am I dreaming? Or have I just finally lost it? Regardless, he figured that he might as well go to said castle, since by now the brigands were certainly too far to track. He looked at the man again. What did she mean by a 'servant?' Ignoring this, he decided that now would be a good time to reveal no-canine identity.

Transform back into a human. Try not to scare the man that much.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2015, 12:17:05 pm »

I remain concealed and wait, seeing if I end up alone with a potential target.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2015, 02:27:00 pm »

Quickly check what is the source of the brushing and react appropriately. If it isn't important, go check the room the sounds came from and its situation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2015, 04:20:42 pm »

"What has His light illuminated for you that you look over there, puppy?"

Calmly watch what the wolf does

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »

"What has His light illuminated for you that you look over there, puppy?"

Calmly watch what the wolf does

The wolf turns into a man!

Meanwhile, the gathering of pixies migrates off toward the forest, leaving a few behind to hover in place on their tiny wings.

The wind dies down, leaving snow to trickle down from the treetops. A snow-white bird lands on a nearby plow abandoned on the ground that you just noticed, covered by snow except for a loose handle sticking out at an angle.

You have a large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have 14 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Zikal had no idea about what he was seeing. The other man did not seem to notice the woman. Am I dreaming? Or have I just finally lost it? Regardless, he figured that he might as well go to said castle, since by now the brigands were certainly too far to track. He looked at the man again. What did she mean by a 'servant?' Ignoring this, he decided that now would be a good time to reveal no-canine identity.

Transform back into a human. Try not to scare the man that much.

The woman disappears in a mist of snowflakes, leaving only her pixies behind. The pixies form a line leading toward the forest. Passing just by the ruins of a castle off in the distance before the forest begins. You remember her appearance perfectly, but remember the "eye of nature" much less. It looked crystalline, and it appeared to blink, although you're not sure what its eyelids were made of.

[6][4] You stand on your hind legs, shedding your fur and growing much taller. Soon you are a human again, with all of your items back in your possession.

You had a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab)) (thrown attacks must be recovered)
You had 10 Javelin memories (strong)
You had about thirty Hours

You remember the Lady of Winter (strong)
You remember a giant eye (weak)
You remember many pixies (strong)

Check out the thud behind the inn. If possible hostiles are in sight, stay hidden.

[6][3] You approach the alleyway, watching for signs of movement and listening for noises. You hear something moving--above you, from one of the second story window. It's a man, hanging upside-down from the windowsill, with

[3][2] Unfortunately, the man was looking in your direction when you peeked overt, so you are spotted right away. He shouts, "Hey, would you gimme a hand here?"

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silverseel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have about seventy Hours

Quickly check what is the source of the brushing and react appropriately. If it isn't important, go check the room the sounds came from and its situation.

The thing on your shoulder is a faerie landing on your shoulder, which emits a high-pitched squal when you look at it. It stays on your shoulder for a few seconds before taking flight and fluttering into the dark room ahead.

You hear a voice, that of the Astrologer: "Hey, would you gimme a hand here?"
The voice comes from outside the room with the open door and the rustling. It doesn't seem to be directed at you, as you haven't made enough noise to be heard from that distance. You move in to investigate, and see an open window, wind blowing in, and an open suitcase on the bed with dozens of scrolls strewn haphazardly across the sheets and floor.

Hanging from the windowsill by a torn pant leg is the Astrologer who spoke with the bartender.

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

I remain concealed and wait, seeing if I end up alone with a potential target.

[2][6] The noble reaches the university with haste. Inside its candlelit halls, you see the faces of well-known scholars sipping tea with each other, conversing about politics and metaphysics, arguing over designs, and occasionally beating each other with canes. The nobleman skips past the lobby, where a group of clergymen are gathered for a recital, and turns left into a hallway, entering the fourth office on the right. The others wait outside as he shuts the door, and soom loiter off into the lobby where they listen to the choir sing. This gives you access to the office.

The office is well-lit, but appears empty (save for the nobleman himself). There is a desk with an oil lamp, currently lit, along with a stack of locked parchment books and scrollcases. The owner seems to have left no loose ends unlocked, although you can read the titles. Most of them concern cartopgraphy, geography, and manuals on shipbuilding.

It is the 2nd hour after noon, and the Twin Suns are obscured by a cloudy blanket.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2015, 05:23:49 pm »

Willhelm blinks, and scratches his head.

"Puppy....not...puppy?"

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »

Severo walks over, looking at what the man wants help with, keeping his hand on his falchion.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2015, 06:29:53 pm »

Severo walks over, looking at what the man wants help with, keeping his hand on his falchion.

"Get me down from here! What are you waiting for?"

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2015, 09:24:37 pm »

Darek helps the ma down, and attempts to ask how he got up there.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2015, 09:47:05 pm »

Zikal looked at the man. I certainly hope that he listens to my ramblings.

"Not entirely. Let's just say that I have a connection with forest animals."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2015, 10:02:25 pm »

"first...puppy. now...not puppy. explain."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:07 pm »

"I can transform into animals I've seen. If you've ever heard of Thoughtform, that's how it works."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »

Willhelm nods

"how okay. why?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40