Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89159 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 4)
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2015, 10:46:48 pm »

"How? Well only the God of the Order knows. Why? Well, some creations are better then humans at certain tasks. Their help is certainly appreciated."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2015, 10:52:02 pm »

Willhelm sort of tries to make gestures with his arms for a second, communicating is always so difficult. He stops and sighs.
"We are blessed in the light of His creation. The faithful need not fear the darkness"

Not quite what he meant to say, but it'll have to do.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2015, 01:54:47 am »

"You aren't a nice man"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 0)
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2015, 02:54:18 pm »

Leonhard gets into the room to help the man. "Sure. I'd like to be informed of what just happened here, though. How 'bout the gunshot?"

Help Astrologer, require explanation as to what happened and caused his situation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2015, 03:45:35 pm »

"Uh, I guess so." Zikal believed that perhaps he should tailor his approach to the kind of person he is dealing with. "Hey, you see those pixies over there?" He points to the pixies near the castle, "You want to go catch them?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2015, 04:02:51 pm »

Willhelm looks at the pixies and squints his eyes.

"And in their darkest hour, the light cast by the deceivers will attempt to lead the faithful astray. But the faithful need not have fear, because for their loyalty, His light will always shine brightest."

He motions towards the fairies, indicating the other person to lead.

Follow not-puppy

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2015, 06:15:05 pm »

Willhelm looks at the pixies and squints his eyes.

"And in their darkest hour, the light cast by the deceivers will attempt to lead the faithful astray. But the faithful need not have fear, because for their loyalty, His light will always shine brightest."

He motions towards the fairies, indicating the other person to lead.

Follow not-puppy

[3][6] You walk with this strange not-puppy, and can't help but notice that he seems a peculiar fellow, unkempt and dirty yet posessing a level of dignity in the way he walks and speaks.
A pixie lands on your shoulder, as you walk, and you begin to wonder how they can do that with no legs. Or how they can see with no eyes. Well, it's probably best not to think about it. You come to a frozen pond, at which point the pixie flies off and joins a gathering above a patch of snow.

After some time, you near the castle ruins, and spot smoke in the air from the base of a turret on the side opposite to you. Looking around, you notice that the ruins have been "remodeled"... barrels of rum and wine lay scattered about, some leaking and empty, others still filled. You notice a bloodstain on the ground, and near it a squirrel staring at you and the stranger. Its claws and legs appear smeared with something red, which can be either blood or wine. Or both.

You also stumble upon a chest about a meter wide with a lock on the front, set in an alcove in the ruined wall segment. This particular region was part of a church, as you can recognize by a still-standing granite statue of the Living Arrow, a common piece of symbolism found in writings of the Church. It is based on a quote from the ancient philosopher Aristolius: "When a man plants an arrow, he gets not an archer but an oak."

Most of the other items in the old church were gone, either looted or taken away when the castle was abandoned.

You have a large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have 14 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

"Uh, I guess so." Zikal believed that perhaps he should tailor his approach to the kind of person he is dealing with. "Hey, you see those pixies over there?" He points to the pixies near the castle, "You want to go catch them?"

You lead the man outward, starting to realize what the dream woman meant by "he is a servant." While he is physically imposing, he is not exactly befit of a position of power. Oh, the memories... you remember one case where an assassin tried to kill your beloved father. The assassin had hired a band of unlawfuls to lie in wait and ambush your father in the streets, before he could reach the safety of the palace guards. Well, there happened to be a royal patrol just by when they attacked. You remember the scenes vividly.

[2][5] As you follow the pixies, threading through the snow, you pass by an icy puddle, smooth enough to see your reflection. It must have frozen recently, as the snow around it was cleared. You see your reflection when you are near, as well as a familiar face behind your shoulder! It's the lady!
You turn around to see a clustering of pixies, which scatter immediately. Mischievous critters, they are.

After some time, you pass by the ruined castle you saw from afar. It seems to have become a smuggler's den, as you can see containers of liquor and food strewn about the place. A rising column of smoke floats up from the remains of a turret on the far side of the castle. Scores of desolate buildings have failed the test of time, now consumed by nature. A winter owl whistles from a tree, staring right at you with its three eyes, pupils shaped like arrowheads.

You had a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab)) (thrown attacks must be recovered)
You had 10 Javelin memories (strong)
You had about thirty Hours

You remember the Lady of Winter (strong)
You remember a giant eye (weak)
You remember many pixies (strong)
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers (strong) and some bandits (weak)

Darek helps the ma down, and attempts to ask how he got up there.

You try to communicate, but before you can get anything across a man styling himself as Derek appears from behind you and starts to move crates and barrels to try and help the dangling man, whom you look at again and realize he is wearing quite a nice black-white suit, torn by a nail jutting out from the windowsill. Your foot brushes against a hat on the ground, which you assume belonged to the hanging man, not Derek.

Derek seems to be having trouble pushing the crates, them being filled with salted meat and preserved food, most likely.

There seems to be a person up in the bedroom from which the suited man had tried to jump from. Or was thrown out of.
This particular alley, consisting of a square "U" shape around the inn set into surrounding buildings, seems to be used mostly for storage. A few backdoors to nearby structures are within reach, but only one of them hasd a sign: "MEDICUS."

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silverseel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have about seventy Hours

Leonhard gets into the room to help the man. "Sure. I'd like to be informed of what just happened here, though. How 'bout the gunshot?"

Help Astrologer, require explanation as to what happened and caused his situation.

The astrologer seems to have directed his words toward a person outside, a young, fit man who is currently just out of view as he moves creates and barrels around to use as stepping blocks.
Near the corner where the alley turns, there is another man holding a branch taken from one of the snow pines, covered in sharp glassy spines as most trees are. He holds it with a tarp wrapped around the "handle."

So it comes as no surprise when the astrologer is startled, shaking visibly when he hears your voice. His voice quavers when he responds:
Astrologer: "Oh! I've been attacked by the innkeeper! He grabbed my gun when I wasn't looking... th'moment before we got into an argument about the profitability of his business, which really worked him up. I gave him a good quick thump on the head and he collapsed, so I decided to get out of here and avoid the drunks down there. You know how accusatory they get!"

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

"You aren't a nice man"

The noble is taken aback at the presence of another person, certainly not his close friend and scholar Heroditus.
Noble: Who goes there?

[2][4] The nobleman draws his sword, and seems to be ready for a confrontation.

It is the 2nd hour after noon, and the Twin Suns are obscured by a cloudy blanket.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2015, 06:22:44 pm »

Willhelm slightly bows his head to the church. It would not do not to show respect to the place, defiled though it may be. He then takes a look around. He speaks to his companion, keeping his voice low.

"Though his light will guide the faithful to their destination, the road is often wrought with peril."

He goes and takes a closer look of and around the arrow statue and the chest, without touching either.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2015, 07:03:25 pm »

Go up to the bedroom, and investigate; see why/how the man was thrown out of the window.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2015, 11:49:37 pm »

No dialogue, no action...
until he drops his guard again.
then:
"You should trust your friends more."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:53:25 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 0)
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2015, 05:31:28 pm »

"Really? Afraid of the drunks, are we?" Leonhard asks as he gets closer. "Well, I'm sober." His gaze quickly scans the room to check whether the story he had just been told was true or just a colorful fabrication to keep him away from the truth - had the Astrologer genuinely acted in self-defense or was it just a quick excuse to justify murder and give him enough time to escape?

Check whether the innkeeper is anywhere nearby and whether he's just unconscious or dead as Leonhard heads towards the Astrologer. Help the man up, holding him or not depending on my findings.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2015, 12:06:52 am »

A 3 eyes owl with arrow-shaped eyes? Zikal never recalled seeing one of those before. I guess you could call it an Arrowl... Order I'm pathetic. First things first though.
"Excuse me, what might your name be?"

Ask the man his name, then hide and watch the arrowl owl for memories.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2015, 01:53:52 pm »

A 3 eyes owl with arrow-shaped eyes? Zikal never recalled seeing one of those before. I guess you could call it an Arrowl... Order I'm pathetic. First things first though.
"Name? Willhelm."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2015, 06:05:38 pm »

Willhelm slightly bows his head to the church. It would not do not to show respect to the place, defiled though it may be. He then takes a look around. He speaks to his companion, keeping his voice low.

"Though his light will guide the faithful to their destination, the road is often wrought with peril."

He goes and takes a closer look of and around the arrow statue and the chest, without touching either.

[4][6] The Living Arrow statue is itself alive, harboring countless varieties of lichens and mosses which inhabit every crevice. Despite the sign of ruin, the rock from which it was crafted is proven to last, as the the Pillars of Eternity in Villa testify. Fashioned from the rock of the Steel Peak, those pillars are the oldest remaining monument of Man himself, erected long before the age of the pagans. Back then, every man followed his heart and paid his respects to the unknown God without vain rituals to idols. The modern church has been accused of regression in that regard, but the great diversity of liturgical practices accepted across the Empire has been cited in response to that accusation.

Examining the statue a little further, however, and you notice a crack at the base of a stone leaf. It appears as if the rock is just about to give way, its edges beveled and hewn by wind and rot.

The crate itself is surrounded by discarded bags and baubles such as glass beads, scraps of fabric, copper bracelets, and iron watch chains. Something tells you these were kept out of the chest because there was no room inside for them, and they were less valuable than what is currently inside. But there is no key to be found.

[6][5] Just over the battered edges of the wall ruins, you catch a glipse of a human figure, walking along some raised dirt path built around a building--no doubt the castle keep, or a part of it in the least. He holds a gun to his shoulder, bayonet pointed up high, and wears a dark green hood and cloak over a leather jacket. The figure does not appear to have noticed you nor your companion--yet. You then hear a squak from an owl sitting on an old beam, still upright.

You have a large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have 14 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Ask the man his name, then hide and watch the arrowl owl for memories.

[1][4] The animal screeches when you look at it, and flies away before you can commit any of your findings to memory. It looked kind of like an eagle, you can give it that.

You had a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab)) (thrown attacks must be recovered)
You had 10 Javelin memories (strong)
You had about thirty Hours

You remember the Lady of Winter (strong)
You remember a giant eye (weak)
You remember many pixies (strong)
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers (strong) and some bandits (weak)

Go up to the bedroom, and investigate; see why/how the man was thrown out of the window.

[4][3] You make your way into the inn and find a staircase past some drunken folk leaning against the walls and close to the kegs lined up and stacked against the rear wall of the bar. Some of them are pouring drinks for themselves, despite the bartender. Actually, the bartender seems missing, so it is no wonder that drunks are assuming free drinks during this rare chance.

Taking the stairs, you bump face-first into a well-armed soldier in splendid multicolored garb. A royal guard! Well, no, that isn't the uniform. But certainly this would be an individual of great influence and power! You should probably get out of his way or something.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silverseel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have about seventy Hours

"Really? Afraid of the drunks, are we?" Leonhard asks as he gets closer. "Well, I'm sober." His gaze quickly scans the room to check whether the story he had just been told was true or just a colorful fabrication to keep him away from the truth - had the Astrologer genuinely acted in self-defense or was it just a quick excuse to justify murder and give him enough time to escape?

Check whether the innkeeper is anywhere nearby and whether he's just unconscious or dead as Leonhard heads towards the Astrologer. Help the man up, holding him or not depending on my findings.

[1][6] You turn back to investigate the closet on the other side of the hall. As you do so, you encounter a young man with a spiny walking stick--the same man from outside. Quite a fast one, he is. The young man moving the crates continues to struggle under the weights he is carrying, making little progress in the way of helping the astrologer.

During the awkward pause prior to conversation, Klein enters the closet directly and starts moaning loudly. He emerges from the narrow gap in the door with a rather familiar pistol in hand--fired and uncocked, too.

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

No dialogue, no action...
until he drops his guard again.
then:
"You should trust your friends more."

The noble curses out loud and mutters several expletives you've never heard before, calling you a coward.

[1][1] You hear steps from the hall. The noble's shouting seems to have attracted some attention. A clergyman enters, holding a large philisophical treatise in hand, and asks what happened.
Clergy: I do say, what is the cause of your madness?
Noble: There is a stalker hiding in the shadows, I say! Remarkably well-hid, but cowardly nonetheless.
Clergy: Are you sure the stalker hasn't left yet?
Noble: No! She is in this room!
Clergy: Ah, so there is a woman stalking you, hiding in the room that we are, and you haven't found her yet.
Noble: That's what I'm saying! Do I look like a madman to you?
Clergy: You do look awfully pale. Come, let us see a physician.

The two begin walking into the hall.

It is the 2nd hour after noon, and the Twin Suns are obscured by a cloudy blanket.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 7)
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2015, 08:10:07 pm »

Archae attempts to apologize, an walks outside again, this time heading to anywhere where there is a map of the city.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40