Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73325 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #345 on: March 25, 2015, 04:55:04 pm »

It really looked like you were misinterpreting him pretty badly, and your argument makes no sense. Thus, my vote stays on you.

If you feel you must. Just make sure to keep scumhunting- we've got an extension for some reason now. I'll ask some questions and poke people when I get back from Uni- don't see myself voting for anybody other than 4mask for day one though.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: Sudden Snake Attack
« Reply #346 on: March 25, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »

4mask seems to be in the same position as I was in CYOM. He has his reasons, but nobody else agrees with him. I think that his reasoning is justified and therefore, I'm not going to vote for him. (I was mafia in CYOM, but I was scumhunting for the second team)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2015, 06:03:47 pm »

His reasoning for wanting to be voted for is sound, and thus, you will not vote for him?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2015, 06:06:37 pm »

I am not sure yet.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2015, 06:22:08 pm »

4mask: Why do you all of the sudden want to be lynched? Are you giving up on the game?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2015, 06:23:36 pm »

4mask: Why do you all of the sudden want to be lynched? Are you giving up on the game?
Hmm?  No, quite the opposite: I have great hope for this game.  However, in order for the bad to know that I'm not third-party and have to hunt elsewhere, thus potentially getting rid of the last scum for us, I need to die today so that they know I'm not the good/ugly pulling some bizarre-ass gambit fakeout.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 25, 2015, 07:13:07 pm »

Does anyone else think it would be funny if this turned out to be a bastard game and Mask was a jester all along?

Mask: Et moi, Brute.

Origami, what reason would you have for not voting for Mask?

Silthuri, I think it's wise to prioritise threats who actually require you to lose in order for them to win over threats that have a separate agenda. The Ugly is pointless to lynch since a) he won't die and b) getting him targeted by a NK wins us the game at this point. The Good is a potential lynch target, but he only has one kill that he needs for the Bad. The Bad's best interest at the moment is to aid the town since he'll win at the end of the game. So that's a one in three chance that the third party we lynch will be the one that is potentially dangerous to us, a one in three chance that we waste the lynch and then lose three players when the Bad kills the Ugly the following night, and a one in three chance that we lynch someone who is essentially a town ally at the moment. I don't think that those odds are worth spending as much time as we have discussing third parties and lining up to lynch Mask for being a third party.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2015, 07:30:00 pm »

My reason for not voting mask was because I thought that the 3rd party's were beneficial to the town, but now I see why he would want to stop the town in order to last 4 days. So 4maskwolf

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 25, 2015, 07:38:33 pm »

Ok, what? Are you just making up your arguments as you go along, OSG?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 25, 2015, 07:43:43 pm »

I was on the edge about 4mask for some time, because I saw why he was doing what he was doing from a 3rd party standpoint, but then I realized recently that he can't win if the town wins within 4 days (I was under the impression that he was) so I put myself in a 3rd party's shoes and figured that they would be anti-town. That is why I am voting him.

Also, yes. I make up my arguments as I go along. Do you expect me to have a set amount of arguments going into each game and not ever making any new ones? I make my arguments as events and information unfolds.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 25, 2015, 08:19:32 pm »

Ok, first, why are you so sure Mask is a third party? Second, one out of the three third parties has no reason to make the game last longer than necessary and another wouldn't be killed by getting lynched in any case, so what's your justification for risking either losing someone whose best interest is to help the town and also has a night kill or wasting the entire day and giving the scum team a free night kill, plus losing the aforementioned town aligned third party with a night kill when he then kills that one and leaves the game? And I expect your arguments to actually be based in what's happening the the game, not just made up to allow you to hop on a bandwagon.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 25, 2015, 08:25:19 pm »

Why didn't you ask me these questions, Deus Asmoth?
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 25, 2015, 08:28:34 pm »

Does anyone else think it would be funny if this turned out to be a bastard game and Mask was a jester all along?
That...
That would be hilarious and awesome, and I would be laughing my ass off so hard right now with all of you suckers falling straights into my trap.  Particularly if I was one of those jesters who ended the game on their lynch.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 25, 2015, 08:32:37 pm »

Holy questions batman.

1. I am pretty sure that 4mask is 3rd party because of the way he has first been against hunting for 3rd party's at the beginning. I hae thought that he was 3rd party almost the entire game. If we lynch the Ugly, then I will have no more reason to vote him. It would actually be just like a townie lynch because the bad would most likely kill him the following night. The remaining scum won't be able to use his power unless he doesn't perform a kill that night, so I am not worrying about our power roles being found. The good at this point does not have town in it's best interest because it has to survive until day 4, so they woul want to delay the town. I think that 3rd party's will leave the game no matter what, so I think that it is in our best interest right now to lynch someone I am fairly certain is a third party and remove their night kill if it is good or bad, and if it is ugly, then don't care about it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 25, 2015, 08:49:24 pm »

Huh.  Looks like the only two people NOT voting right now are Deathsword and Tiruin.

You two: Care to cast a vote by day end?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33