Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73376 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: Sudden Snake Attack
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2015, 05:42:08 am »

The angry privates kill is one-shot: should they claim so we have a confirmed townie? Even if one of the scum tries to claim it, they can just counterclaim, essentially winning town the game.
I think they should. It would narrow the field a bit.
If the private claims, they'll automatically be targeted by the remaining scum. And we don't know if we have a guardsman or not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2015, 06:18:15 am »

Well... iunno. Disadvantages to private claiming: night target. Advantages to private claiming: Confirmed townie. Disadvantages to private dying: Essentially the same as disadvantages to a normal townie dying?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2015, 06:40:10 am »

What in the... Catching up, standby. Can confirm that I'm not the private, and I guess we can infer that Mask, Tiruin and Cheeetar aren't either.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2015, 07:18:59 am »

I'd say the private should wait a day to claim unless they are the current lynch target (which they're not, because the current lynch target is me).  A confirmed townie is fairly useless in such a large setup until the crowd gets thinned out a bit.  On the other hand, it actually either confirms who the scum is going to target, thus protecting the other town power role from attacks by scum, or they are left around and serve as a confirmed townie for several days.

I'm actually going to say they should reveal now, now that I think about it, to put the scum in a conundrum that kinda helps the town no matter how it is sliced.

One thing to consider when lynching third parties, Cheeetar: the bad is capable of killing the last scum by accident by himself, and the ugly can shoot the last scum if they shoot him, and even the good is capable of killing scum.  In addition, having three of them allows them to soak up kills intended for the town.  As I've said before, I'm not a third party, but I think they are more useful to us than you give them credit for.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2015, 07:51:43 am »

Oh, and to the angry private: thank you for your service to the town, but you made my gambit backfire in my face because I didn't forsee that particular circumstance.  I believe it would now be best for the town if I was lynched.  You see, I believe that the more kills are going around the better, since they have a chance of hitting the last scum, and currently I'm probably the easiest target for the bad due to playing myself off as a third-party.

You see, my role is vanilla townie.  Upon receiving my role, I decided to draw fire away from the two town power roles by trying to come across as a town power role so that the scum would kill me.  However, at the same time, I was trying to appear as a third-party so that the bad would shoot me (the fewer kills potentially hitting power roles, the better).  However, with only one town power role and one scum and the power-role gambit shut down early on by a focus on my third-party gambit, it would be better if the kills were targeted more randomly so that the bad has a higher chance of hitting the remaining scum.

I will not vote for myself.  I'm still going to push to find the scum so that we can get an unprescedented D1 win.  But it may be for the best if I get lynched so that my gambit is put to rest.

I have evidence to back this up, but I'm not going to reveal my personal quicktopic much in the way that the good-ugly and scum don't reveal their quicktopics.  It's not regulated by Persus13, but I think it's a tad cheap to do such a thing so I'm going to keep it until the end of the game, when I'll reveal it.  Anyway, let's find ourselves some scum, shall we.

Silthuri: Where is the wall of text we were promised?  What is your opinion of current events.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2015, 08:21:11 am »

Pfp

Silthuri: Where is the wall of text we were promised?  What is your opinion of current events.

I'm currently being Nerjin's secretary involving school stuffs. After I'm finished with this, I'll have over an hour of free time.

I'm extremely happy with roo's death both because of his rather annoying actions and the fact that he's scum. Although I'm a bit worried about the third parties becoming a huge threat because they need to make this game last a while longer. They probably won't want this trend to continue.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2015, 08:27:52 am »

Pfp

If there is such interest for me to claim, then ok. I'm the private. I shot roo because I didn't trust myself to actually be able to identify scum late in the game, and because they were going to be policy lynched and I wanted to free up the lynch. I am pretty much a vanilla town now, so might as well bite a bullet for the town.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2015, 09:05:30 am »

PFP

Forgot to add a vote in my last post. roo
PFP

Soooo, why the vote?

Also net = dead soon. Logging out; logged in just to poke quickly in games.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2015, 10:04:05 am »

PFP

Forgot to add a vote in my last post. roo
PFP

Soooo, why the vote?
I decided to do the kill after that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2015, 12:20:13 pm »

Is anyone going to counterclaim DS? Because if not, he's confirmed.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2015, 12:29:28 pm »

Is anyone going to counterclaim DS? Because if not, he's confirmed.
I'm not.

Good work, DS.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »

Good job, Deathsword.

4mask:
Dammit that post is getting to me.  It seems calm and rational and town-like. Offering yourself up to make sure the bad random kills and maybe hits the last scum looks like a good idea, but I can't help but think that is how you as scum plan to get yourself out of the lynch by offering yourself up as a sacrifice which would be insane to do as the last scum which is why you might do it. The deadline is also an hour and a half away I think and anything I do with my vote will cause a no lynch (except for voting TDS or Cheetar but I don't think they're bad)

Arrrgh....
Extend

Anyone:
Please help, extend or something.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:47 pm »

I am not Vig.

I do agree that with this new information, we need more time. Extend
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »

Day will end in half an hour

Votecount is unchanged since I last posted.

2/4 votes to extend
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 25, 2015, 01:35:11 pm »

One thing I noticed is that he seemed very unusual towards tiruin. Not sure what this implies though.
Unusual how? He mentioned me and all?

Doesn't look any different from what anyone would do, in my opinion.
(Also will expound on Roo since he's dead--also Silthuri and I are female :P)

I can't put my finger on it, but he seemed to be aggravated towards you in particular (complaining about your inactivity etc.) It's probably nothing though.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33