Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 55455 times)

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Invasion
« Reply #360 on: August 09, 2015, 12:00:40 am »

((omg i missed my move and didnt mentioned ;_; sorry))
"Good training general, hope we fight often to get my skillz on next level!"
Stands and pays respect... POP.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:03:37 am by Delekates »
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 09, 2015, 04:31:44 am »

"Hey, i don't want to be your stupid leader. I just want you to do what you should do and leave this place. And also pay me because you burned my house, you jeeeerks"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2015, 03:15:02 am »

Say the following line with full Arnold:
Spoiler: *wink (click to show/hide)
If he refuses, kill him. If he agrees, take him to my hideout and make him my loyal sidekick.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 17, 2015, 03:41:57 pm »

So, I put together my new pc. Which took a few hours. Then I had to make the wifi behave. Which took a few days. Fucking wifi, how does it work?

Ahhh, it's good to be appreciated.

Absentmindedly walk down the street with my guard down, while smiling proudly.
You walk down the street, content with a job well done. Those weirdos are going to get what's coming to them for sure now, all thanks to you!

A guys comes running from around the corner. he nearly stumbles, and notices you as he catches his balance.

"Holy fuck, that hing is ugly! It's fookin' hideous! And it's got a knife! I'm getting the cops, that thing isn't fit to live!"

He rushes off. You peek around the corner in curiosity. There's a putrid looking creauture standing in the middle of the street. It's got a rusty knife. it looks like someone just put together a ball made of slabs of rotten meat with coarse thread, added some limbs that are too small for the overall size of the thing and called it a day. It looks more bewildered than anything, really.

"AH, YOU'VE SEEN DEMONS BEFORE! EXCELLENT, HOW DO WE BEAT THEM?"
"You shoot them until they die, sonny jim. They're hard to kill and they ain't afraid. But a good blast of the old flamethrower kills them slant eyed devils just as good as anything, yes sirree. Tojo likes to think they're invincible, but they're not."

Find out what the commotion is.
You go and check out the pond. On a large stone in the middle there's a beautiful woman playing a harp. The gathered crowd seems quite taken in by the song. You also notice that the woman does not have legs, but rather a tail like a fish.

Look for crime in these crime-ridden, filthy streets!

Time take out the trash.

I probably look quite dopey in this attire. Hopefully a little mysterious.
You go outside, being all mysterious and prowling around for any ne'er-do-wells. You go into a random alley, because that's where bad stuff happens, right? And what luck! There's someone here!

It's a man, though he looks a bit...off. His skin a seriously pale. He's got long silvery hair. His ears are pretty long, too.

He's reading a magazine, oblivious to your presence.

((Guan Yu all the way. I wonder if I can incorporate the Green Dragon Crescent Blade into the suit. Also, seems like the book is categorized by Spirits, Creatures, Deities, and the ! is the chief deity of the pantheon. Hey wait, what category is Liu Bei under?))

Look up the ritual for Guan Yu. If it isn't too complex, try it. If it succeeds, there will be talking.

If the ritual works:
"Guan Sheng Di Jun, The General that Rocks Bandits, Liu Bei's most loyal and righteous general. Truly, it is an honor to be in your presence."
Yep, it works. An apparition of Guan Yu suddenly stands before you. A transparant greenish phantom of the man himself.

He bows when you've spoken. "For what reason have you summoned me? You seem to know who I am, so this summoning cannot have been an accident."

((@book: You're somewhat correct about the categories. Though, spoilers, it doesn't actually end at !))

((omg i missed my move and didnt mentioned ;_; sorry))
"Good training general, hope we fight often to get my skillz on next level!"
Stands and pays respect... POP.

You and Gunny salute eachother, and the gathered crowd gives you both an applause before dispersing.
 Gunny's arm is already regrown to the elbow.

"Yeah, you can come spar with me anytime, maggot."

"Hey, i don't want to be your stupid leader. I just want you to do what you should do and leave this place. And also pay me because you burned my house, you jeeeerks"
The red spandex dudes clearly aren't backing down. They all take up fighting positions and start circling you. The two green spandex guys grab their weapons. One has a bo staff, the other a sword. Shit's going to get real any second now.

Say the following line with full Arnold:
Spoiler: *wink (click to show/hide)
If he refuses, kill him. If he agrees, take him to my hideout and make him my loyal sidekick.
You deliver your line, channeling the full speech impedement of Arnold. The kid, scared out of his mind, actually doesn't fight back. You grab him by the hand and book it out of there, heading back to your appartment. The kid is sitting on the couch, with a thuosand yard stare.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 17, 2015, 03:48:18 pm »

I could fight like big hero. And risk death.

On the other hand, i could nope away, take the elevator and pretend nothing happened.

But i will...
Wait until all the red boys are close to me, and do the 360 degrees punch to get them all, or none of them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:22:37 pm by conein »

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 17, 2015, 04:08:05 pm »

"Uh...Hi there!  You lost buddy?  Need any help?"

Attempt to communicate with the creature.  Befriend it if possible.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 17, 2015, 04:17:31 pm »

Make this kid into my sidekick.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 17, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »

"I need your help. The warriors who once defended our world have vanished. The criminals have decided that this is a good time to increase their activities, threatening others. I want to fight them, to show them they can't get away with whatever they please. To that end, I have built a suit which I found a design for in a book. It requires the strength of what it calls an "Other" to power it. I assume it is some sort of obfuscation for spirits, gods, and other such beings, although I think it would have been easier to just say that. I was hoping you would be willing to help me by powering the suit and helping me to stop the criminals. It would also give you a chance to see the world again, and maybe fight a few strong warriors if that interests you."

Politely ask for help, with any necessary bowing. If he agrees, also politely ask if it would be possible to summon the Green Dragon Crescent Blade as the suit's armament
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 17, 2015, 05:37:54 pm »

Get back and ask if i can join spec.forces.
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 17, 2015, 06:59:15 pm »

Examine arsenal of nonlethal weapons

"WELL, THIS MIGHT BE PROBLEMATIC... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR OWN FIGHTS, CITIZENS! THOSE DEMONS WILL SURELY FIND WE ARE NO FORCE TO BE TRIFLED WITH."

Hope dragons are weak to electricity ((yes, those are my actions))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 17, 2015, 07:42:57 pm »

Walk up to him silently.
  "Such enigmatic silence enkindles suspicion."

Damn, I sound awesome!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 18, 2015, 01:47:18 am »

Say hi to the woman.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 22, 2015, 11:02:06 am »

"Weclome back to channel 5 news. As a follow-up to our previous news story, the UK is still completely silent. Recently, similar incident have started happening elsewhere as well. Megacity 14 and Megacity 6 have also reported strange happenings. Megacity 10 can as of yet not be reached. We go live to our eye in the sky over Megacity 10. How are things up there, Jim."

"As you can see, multiple buildings have caught on fire and the police are having a hard time holding off the terrorists in the street. I've heard repo- HOLY SHIT, WHAT IS THAT?! IS THAT A FUCKING DRAGON?!"

"Jim, dragons aren't real. They're a fairy tale."

"THE FAIRY TALE IS LOOKING RIGHT AT US. OH GOD. OH GO-"

The feed is cut off in a whirlwind of fire.

"We seem to, uh, be, uh, experienceing some technical, uh. Just cut to commercial!"

I could fight like big hero. And risk death.

On the other hand, i could nope away, take the elevator and pretend nothing happened.

But i will...
Wait until all the red boys are close to me, and do the 360 degrees punch to get them all, or none of them.
You wait for the reds to make their move. As one, they surge forwards, encircling you. Two of them get met head on by the green spandex guys, but four of them are still coming for you. You prepare your circle punch attack and [6 -> 4] small whisps of golden yellow energy crackle along your arm. With remarkable speed and a power you didn't know you had, you spin around and hit each of the reds. They go flying back, landing several meters away from you. The yellow energy seems to be building up, and you feel as though you're being watched.

"Uh...Hi there!  You lost buddy?  Need any help?"

Attempt to communicate with the creature.  Befriend it if possible.
When you speak, the creature turns toward you. The middle of the ball of flesh starts to part, revealing rows upon rows of teeth. It hisses and starts waddling towards you with its tiny legs, knife raised. It looks pretty comical, but it's picking up a surprising amount of speed.

Make this kid into my sidekick.
[5] With the power of your great American spirit, you somehow convince the kid whose mother you just murdered that she was commie scum and that he should become your sidekick. Somehow. You may choose your sidekick's name if you want, together with your action for next turn.

"I need your help. The warriors who once defended our world have vanished. The criminals have decided that this is a good time to increase their activities, threatening others. I want to fight them, to show them they can't get away with whatever they please. To that end, I have built a suit which I found a design for in a book. It requires the strength of what it calls an "Other" to power it. I assume it is some sort of obfuscation for spirits, gods, and other such beings, although I think it would have been easier to just say that. I was hoping you would be willing to help me by powering the suit and helping me to stop the criminals. It would also give you a chance to see the world again, and maybe fight a few strong warriors if that interests you."

Politely ask for help, with any necessary bowing. If he agrees, also politely ask if it would be possible to summon the Green Dragon Crescent Blade as the suit's armament
"Your words ring true, young man. I shall aid you, for now. It will be good to see the realm of the living again."

The shade walks into the suit, dissapearing inside of it. Green runes glow over the surface and the suit starts opening up at the front. You step inside and it closes up, making a perfect fit for you. A HUD comes up, also in green transparant hologram.

"Suǒyǒu xìtǒng biāo chēng. We are good to go. When in need, I shall give you advice and part of my powers."

Get back and ask if i can join spec.forces.
You head over to the hangar bay. A group of people are gearing up, and three helicopters are being wheeled over to the take off pads. Gunny walks up behind you and says that they're getting ready to see waht's up in the city. You ask him if you can join the spec ops.

"So you want to join the elite, maggot? Very well, grab any gear you need from the racks and pick a spot on one of the helicopters. We sortie in 5."

The rack holds shotguns, smg's and assault rifles. Below those it has some bulletproof vests, helmets and pistols.

Examine arsenal of nonlethal weapons

"WELL, THIS MIGHT BE PROBLEMATIC... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR OWN FIGHTS, CITIZENS! THOSE DEMONS WILL SURELY FIND WE ARE NO FORCE TO BE TRIFLED WITH."

Hope dragons are weak to electricity ((yes, those are my actions))
Like, right where you are? You've got you baton, that's non lethal if you can keep yourself from smashing their skulls with it. You're pretty good at hand-to-hand too. There's a can of mace tocked away in one of your suit pockets, too.

You hope, pray even that the dragons are weak to electricity. Your prayers are, suitably, met with silence.

Gunshots can be heard from further down the street. The people in the diner are getting a bit restless.

Walk up to him silently.
  "Such enigmatic silence enkindles suspicion."

Damn, I sound awesome!
You walk up to guy as silently as you can and say your words. He turns around, he's holding a copy of last month's hustler.

"Ah, one of the monkeys has nerve to come speak to me." He waves the magazine and throws it to the ground. "Vile and base degenerates, the lot of you. It will be good to have you all purged. Your blood will nurture the growing of our great empire."

No that he's turned, you can see someone lying on the ground behind him. They aren't moving.

Say hi to the woman.
You say hi to the woman, and she looks at you and smiles. [4] You can feel a tingling at the back of your head, some kind of influence trying to invade your mind. You manage to shake it off.

Looking back at the woman, she is no longer the beautiful mermaid. Her mouth stretches from ear to ear and is lined with shark lined teeth, and her eyes are solid black. She screetches and dives into the water. Several pools of bubbles can be seen froming on the surface, moving towards the edge of the pool.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 22, 2015, 11:23:33 am »

Look at the bodies without getting closer to him.

"Evil sinner, enjoy sizzling excruciatingly."

Shoot flame from my hand at him!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »

"DAMMIT, LOOKS LIKE I CAN'T GET ANY INTROSPECTION GOING. OH WELL, BACK TO IT!"

Charge toward the sounds of gunshots, baton and shield at the ready
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33