Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 55507 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: impromptu hiatus over
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2015, 05:20:21 pm »

"Perhaps building them is simple, but I do not know where to find some of the materials. It calls for 'essence of life', 'house of thought', and 'living metal' among other things. Do you know how I could acquire those?"

More questions. Ponder if there is an abandoned factory or a scrap yard somewhere that I could get materials from.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2015, 05:44:38 pm »

Sleep.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2015, 06:23:44 pm »

((as i know green lantern is much better in assist mode than i hero mode, imo.))
"Yea i would be greatfull if ive got some proper teacher or kinda."((to get + to rolls :P))
Talks to secretary: may i use ur help? Pop Do you have any information about my powers? Would be really greatefull!! for any teacher, or book, or manuscript or really anything!"
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2015, 08:39:54 pm »

"Ehh? Not gonna pay?  Wow, talk about being unappreciative.  I save your life and you can't be bothered to spare a dime?  Looks like me and your father will need to have a chat about your attitude, mister.  Where can I find him?"

Ask.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:55:50 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2015, 08:54:10 pm »

Blast her to pieces with my shotgun. Look for more Brits to murder.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Get in there
You try to enter, but the door is locked. Your rattling gets the attention fo the person who was at the back, who turns out to be the janitor. He opens the door.

"Eh? Whadda you want, son? Everyone else left a good while ago. The last one to leave was that girl, when those guys in spandex holding jerry cans came to pick her up."

"MAKE SURE YOU WARN ANY OTHER HEROES YOU HAVE OUT ABOUT A BITCH IN A SPARKLY DRESS WITH A GLOWING STICK AND A DUDE IN A TRENCHCOAT FULL OF GUNS WHO HAVE DECIDED TO PAINT THE TOWN RED."

"OH, AND RING-WRAITH, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT USING THAT THING BETTER, I THINK THE SUPERNATURAL WING IS... THAT WAY?"
Bob points down a random hallway "AND THE 'REFORMED' VILLAIN PLACE, IN CASE YOU WANT TO TALK TO ONE OF THOSE GUYS, IS... SOME OTHER WAY? Bob points down a different hallway "I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW THE LAYOUT OF THIS PLACE, BUT FEEL FREE TO HIT THE FOOD COURT WHILE I GRAB SOME STUFF FROM THE STOCK ROOMS."

Head to the storage areas, grab some rope, handcuffs, tear gas canisters, and stun grenades, which will surely not backfire in any way.

((If I went the villain route my guy would probably be "the abductor" the way I'm building...))
((Who says you aren't on that route already~~))

"Understood. We don't currently have any other heroes of your caliber, but we'll put out a bulleting for law enforcement."

You point your new sidekick in the direction of...somewhere, and head out to the armoury/storage area. In the kiosk, you are greeted by a man wearing a beret.

"Ah, mon ami! How can I help you today? You have some shoppinh to do at Pierre's armoury, oui?"

You get everything on your kidnapper's shopping list.

George lets out a sigh and takes out today's paper. He puts his feet up on the dashboard and returns to his crossword puzzle.

18. Avenges crime. 9 letters.
You write "vigilante". Heh, that sounds like an exciting thing to do. Suddenly someone knocks on your window. He looks like a rather unwashed homeless man.

"Hey. Hey man. Yeah, you like crossword puzzles? Shit man, I love crossword puzzles. You wanna buy some drugs man? This is the good shit, man! It will make you feel on fire! Come on man! I'll let you have them for a dollar!"

"Perhaps building them is simple, but I do not know where to find some of the materials. It calls for 'essence of life', 'house of thought', and 'living metal' among other things. Do you know how I could acquire those?"

More questions. Ponder if there is an abandoned factory or a scrap yard somewhere that I could get materials from.
The guy sighs. It's a sigh that betrays a lifetime, maybe even an eternity of annoyance.

"It's just alchemist speak. Well, perhaps the one who wrote this wasn't an alchemist, but I recognize the kind. It's all about sounding more exotic than it is, you see? Essence of life would be blood, house of thought would be the brain. I can't quite help you with living metal though."

Well, there is that defunct canned chicken factory a few streets from your home. The place has been abandoned ever since they found out they were actually putting about 10% chicken and 90% rat in it, but there should be plenty of scrap and workspace at least. As for blood and brains, well, you suppose you could try to buy animal ones? Else, there's no shortage of homeless people in megacity 15.

Sleep.
You put on your favourite pajamas and crawl into bed. After a hard day of fighting and trying to murder random superheroes, you fall asleep almost immediatly.

In your dream, you are standing in the doorway of your building. You close the door behind you and turn around. You hear a rythmic noise coming from around the corner, and it's getting louder and louder. A whole company of metal men in vaguely military looking uniforms marches down the street. They're all marching in formation, ten abreast, with tanks and trucks in between them from time to time. There seems to be no end to them, hundreds must have passed by already. A hand clamps down on your shoulder and you are turned around. You are face to face with one of the metal men, his eyes empty sockets and his features skeletal. His mouth starts to open, impossibly wide for a human, and out comes a painfully loud wail.

You wake up. What the hell?

((as i know green lantern is much better in assist mode than i hero mode, imo.))
"Yea i would be greatfull if ive got some proper teacher or kinda."((to get + to rolls :P))
Talks to secretary: may i use ur help? Pop Do you have any information about my powers? Would be really greatefull!! for any teacher, or book, or manuscript or really anything!"
"You could always go see gunny? Over there."

You head over to the place the secretary pointed at. A few hallways later and you find yourself in some sort of training room. A bunch of recruits are running laps while a man shouts at them. You walk up to the guy.

"AND WHAT DO YOU WANT? I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY, MAGGOT!"

You ask him about your ring

"WHAT? YEAH, I'VE SEEN THOSE IN KOREA. WHAT DO YOU MEAN, TEACH ME? ARE YOU SOME KIND OF MOROOOOON? USE YOUR BRAINS, MAGGOT! YOUR ENEMY HAS A KNIFE? MAKE A SWORD! YOUR ENEMY HAS A GUN? MAKE A BIGGER GUN! THERE'S LOTS OF THE BASTARDS? MAKE A FUCKING TANK! YOU'RE WOUNDED AND THE ENEMY IS WINNING?

FUCKING MAKE AN ATOMIC BOMB, PRAISE BABY JESUS, AND BLOW UP ALL THE FUCKERS, INCLUDING YOUR OWN SORRY ASS. ANY MORE QUESTIONS, MAGGOT?!"

"Ehh? Not gonna pay?  Wow, talk about being unappreciative.  I save your life and you can't be bothered to spare a dime?  Looks like me and your father will need to have a chat about your attitude, mister.  Where can I find him?"

Ask.
"The father is beyond your comprehension! You cannot possibly hope to meet him!" He clears his throat and speaks in a more sane volume. "On the other hand, if you take a look at this leaflet, there's going to be a rally this evening where one of his lieutenants will be looking for potential recruits. It's good work, you know. You're on the winning side, and the dental plan is pretty good too. Give it a thought, eh?"

He pushes the leaflet into your hands.

Blast her to pieces with my shotgun. Look for more Brits to murder.
"RICHAARD! WHY ARE YOU MOVING AWAY! HELP ME YOU DIS-" The woman is cut short as a round of dragonsbreath hits her in  the face point blank. Like, holy shit, her head looks like burned minced meat. You put the shotgun away and take out the FN FAL. You take aim at the man named Richard, but the gun jams. You quickly put it back on your back and get out your revolver, putting a quick one-two into the fleeing Richards back. You then stroll around the lobby. Most of the brits are dazed and hurt, so you just go from person to person and execute them.

After cleaning up the lobby, you head upstairs. In the kitchen, you find the last people in alive in the building. There's an old man, holding a kitchen knife. He's standing in front of a woman and a young boy.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Jerry cans, huh?...

tell me where they went or i swear on me mum i will destroy everything you love. I had all of my goodies in my apartment and these pieces of crap burned it i will ruin their lives i swear."

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Huh ur rusty one i see. I am not looking for advices, PoP, i am looking for proper fight, with the rings of cource, so how about one, Captn?"
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Go to the gym area and try out my grappling hook, then practice hand to hand fighting

"I SHOULD PROBABLY TRY OUT THIS GRAPPLING HOOK BEFORE I NEED IT. THANKS FOR THE STUFF, FRENCHY!"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile

Transform, shouting "SUPER MAGICAL MUSICAL MAIDEN POWERS ACTIVATE!", and jump out the window.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm....A rally? Jim ponders to himself.  If its full of people like this guy, then everyone who attends could be infected with a horrible case of choking.  I could apply my talent to all of them!

"Alright, alright.  I'll forgive your debt for now and check out your rally.  But if it doesn't meet my high expectations, then the next time you see me...I'll be expecting that twenty!"

Accept invitation.  Read leaflet.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

I've had a really stressful week...

Smack the door open really quickly, then slam it shut.

"Who do I %$@&ing look like to you? A drug addict? Buzz off before I call the cops."
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Jerry cans, huh?...

tell me where they went or i swear on me mum i will destroy everything you love. I had all of my goodies in my apartment and these pieces of crap burned it i will ruin their lives i swear."
"Oi, calm down son. They burned your house down, ya say? 'Ere, they left this for you."

The guy gives you a package, inside you find a letter and a medallion that the dojo girl used to wear around her neck.

The letter reads: "We have the girl. Come meet your doom at the Khan's Palace or we will take her from you as well. It will be slow." On the back is an adress. You recognize it as the adress of a large building that is owned by the Zodiac Elders, a group of dojo owners. Strange that they would call it the Khan's Palace. You know where it is, though, that's the important part.

"Huh ur rusty one i see. I am not looking for advices, PoP, i am looking for proper fight, with the rings of cource, so how about one, Captn?"
You see Gunny's eye twitch visibly when you call him rusty. In the background the new recruits have stopped running and are watching the exchange with interest.

"Oh. Oh ho ho ho. You want to spar, tough guy? You and me, in our sparring ring? Hell, I'll even let you choose what weapons are allowed. Think you're good enough to beat me, moron?"

Go to the gym area and try out my grappling hook, then practice hand to hand fighting

"I SHOULD PROBABLY TRY OUT THIS GRAPPLING HOOK BEFORE I NEED IT. THANKS FOR THE STUFF, FRENCHY!"
The kiosk guy nods and goes back to his comic book. You head over to the training hall, which is pretty massive. You find the climbing wall and test out yoru grappling hook. [6 -> 3] You shoot it at the highest outcropping and it latches on. It hauls you up there with suprising speed. You are now about 10 meters up in the air, unsure wether pressing the release button is a very good idea at this time.

((You get +1's to hand to hand due to the gene treatment. If I ever forget, remind me))

Transform, shouting "SUPER MAGICAL MUSICAL MAIDEN POWERS ACTIVATE!", and jump out the window.
You shout your catchphrase and transform into a bright pink frilly magical girl. You open up your window and jump out.

You are currently some 50 stories above ground, falling down pretty fast.

Hmmm....A rally? Jim ponders to himself.  If its full of people like this guy, then everyone who attends could be infected with a horrible case of choking.  I could apply my talent to all of them!

"Alright, alright.  I'll forgive your debt for now and check out your rally.  But if it doesn't meet my high expectations, then the next time you see me...I'll be expecting that twenty!"

Accept invitation.  Read leaflet.
You read the leaflet as you walk away from the guy.
"Are you tired of being a slave to the megacity councils? Do you feel like the world is rotten to the core. YOU can be the change this world deserves! Join the Father in his mission to purge the world of its corruption. Meet with us at the following location and all your questions will be answered. Drinks and cake will be supplied."

I've had a really stressful week...

Smack the door open really quickly, then slam it shut.

"Who do I %$@&ing look like to you? A drug addict? Buzz off before I call the cops."
You open the door really quickly and smack the hobo in the face. He falls back, nose bleeding. He scrabbles away from your car and runs away.

The bag of drugs seems to have fallen to the ground. There's two pills in it. One is orange and glows. The other is transparant, like plastic, with grey liquid moving around inside.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Curse these asiatic  people. I am going to get in there and hurt them old man"

Go to the place. When i am at the entrance or stuff like that, look around
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:22:47 pm by conein »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Curse these asiatic  people. I am going to get in there and hurt them old man"

Go to the place. When i am at the entrance or stuff like that, look around
You go to the building. There aren't any guards outside, and looking thorugh the glass doors there's only the receptionist on the ground floor.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33