Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: SCP: Another day, another death [IC]  (Read 7821 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Another day, another death [IC]
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 09:16:22 pm »

Gilles burst into Jonah Mendez's lab, his eyes carefully closed.

*groping around* "Are you sure this thing is covered? Certain? Fine, let me introduce myself, my name is Gilles Kerath, and I heard you were researching SCP-151. Now, your current hypothesis is fine, but are you certain it's not just the lung cells secreting the "seawater", some kind of fast acting cystic fibrosis? After all, as far as I can tell from the report, no algae or plankton were ever found within the fluid. The reports aren't clear if it is because they're not present, or because no one bothered to look for them.

If you let me, I have a growth rack where a part of the lung could be kept alive in physiological conditions. While you watch the subject, I could take a sample, measure the production of fluid and analyze it for trace of sea life.

Together, I'm certain we can learn much about this SCP!
(Before the Class D comes in)
"Great to meet you, I'm Jonah Mendez. You heard that right, I'm working on SPC-151. I was thinking it was creating an inter-dimensional portal, opening up inside the lungs, but I never thought of fibrosis. We need to test that. As soon as that Class D gets here..."
*Richter enters*
"Oh good, you're here! All we want from you is to lie in this bed, and get a good look at this picture here. Dont worry, it wont do that much harm..."

Jonah motions for the guard to stay. He listens while Gilles whispers to him, slowly putting the pen in his hand behind his ear.

"Now, we need to get started. I dont have this thing for very long, so the sooner the better. Just lie down on the bed."

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2015, 09:32:19 pm »

((Instead of a precise inventory, just grab crates of guns and ammo and get them on the plane. No shotguns, we're fighting outdoors. Get a dolly from the armory master and have some NPCs help you prepare everything. With the three of us, we can have a platoon assigned to each. We're going monster hunting.))
((Ah, I wasn't sure if we were hunting or just doing some kind of pickup))
Since I'm gonna be waiting around for awhile, may as well get a bit more stuff... Armory master! Fetch me a cart, I'm headed put with a team to go shoot some stuff
Crates collected: explosives, ammo, small arms, heavy weapons, melee weaponry

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2015, 04:14:26 pm »

((Posting so I have this in my recent threads thing. I'll post something a bit more useful tomorrow. Probably.))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2015, 07:56:44 pm »

All over Site-17, the intercom comes on and the voice of Dr. Jack Bright, Personnel Director of Site 17, comes on.
 "So. A few hours ago, I just saw someone fucking explode from SCP-081; it was like, 'KABLOOEY', and there was fire everywhere. Shit, that gave even me a scare. Oh yeah, Dr. Mendez come to my office. Kaythanksbye."

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2015, 08:41:35 pm »

Carter, startled from his reverie, looks around.

"That doesn't sound good. Wonder what that creepy fuck wants with Mendez?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 02:46:44 am »

Well, Dr. Mendez, the log report that effects take over 24hours to go in full swing. Why don't we expose our subject, then you can go to your appointment and then we could meet over a coffer to discuss the exact experimental set up. What do you say?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2015, 03:07:15 am »

Agent Park
Whatever it is it can't be good.. Where's that fucking tech? I guess it would make sense for him to be waiting for us at the armory if this SCP has some kind of weird vulnerability—Jesus I hope we don't need any armor—and I can check on Dinvale while I'm at it. You head over to the rookie barracks and round us up at least 100 guys, former army types at the worst. We'll meet at the air strip in 2 hours.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2015, 06:42:59 am »

"Copy that. I'll head on over. See you at the airstrip."

Carter leaves the lounge, heading for the barracks.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2015, 11:49:16 am »

All over Site-17, the intercom comes on and the voice of Dr. Jack Bright, Personnel Director of Site 17, comes on.
 "So. A few hours ago, I just saw someone fucking explode from SCP-081; it was like, 'KABLOOEY', and there was fire everywhere. Shit, that gave even me a scare. Oh yeah, Dr. Mendez come to my office. Kaythanksbye."
Jonah sighs as he is called on the intercom.

"Por que...  Dr. Kerath, could you help prep the experiment? I wont be gone long at all... I hope..." He walks out of the room, fiddling with his pencil, clearly frustrated that he was called on at such in inopportune time. When he gets to the office, he knocks on the door and walks in.
"You wanted to see me sir?"

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2015, 02:57:43 pm »

"Hey trash meat, you're number's up."

Hamburger looks from his cell at the open door with the guard standing in it. He considers diving at the security guard and making a run for it, but considering he has no idea where he is anyway, he decides against it.

Sure thing Captain, I'll met you there.

"Nice try trash meat"

The guard grabs hamburger by the collar and drags him down the hall into a room outside a testing chamber. With him in the room is Donny Salami and two other D class "workers." The guard leaves the room and heads into a raised observation area behind one-way glass.

Hey, I got a plan to get us outta here, wanna hear it?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2015, 06:32:25 pm »

Dr. Bright is sitting in his chair, his simian form and brown fur clear as his bored, brown eyes wander up to Dr. Mendez. Hanging around his neck is an ornate amulet which he recognizes as SCP-963.
 "So. How are things?"

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2015, 06:57:51 pm »

"Well enough. We were about to let a Class D get a look at the painting before you called me, and I said I would have it for an hour, so, I don't have much time... Was there something you needed?"

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »

Agent Carter

Carter steps into the barracks central office and keys the PA system.

"This is Agent Carter. Agent Park needs men for a field op, and guess what: it's you. Bravo Company, I want you at the airstrip in full cold weather combat loadout in 2 hours. This is your chance to prove you've got what it takes. Carter out."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2015, 03:36:33 am »

Agent Park
Park arrives at the armory. He spots Dinvale and walks over to peek at the list of gear he's requisitioned. Looks good so far- Whatever you've got, I'm afraid it simply won't do. He spun around to see a surprisingly well-built researcher standing behind him. He shoved a clipboard into Park's hands and pushed his thin spectacles higher on the bridge of his freckled nose. You must be the tech- But the man seemed to have inherited his boss' manners. Van Heel, Class B Researcher. You're holding what the spooks managed to scrape together. Eyewitness reports from some casualties should give you an idea of it's capabilities. There's some good sat photos in there as well of the mission area; you're welcome. Park flipped through the accounts. He made a face. What the fuck am I reading here, Van Heel. It's a giant person? It's not human, Agent Park. It does look like a large person, about 13 meters tall. It has hair on it's head, it walks and moans, it reacts to audio and visual stimuli, but this resemblance is only superficial. Park's brow was creased with concern as he recounted: "Gunfire pierced it's skin but had little effect, the wounds inflicted by our grenades disappeared in moments but the damage done by the rockets did disable one of it's legs. It fell, but not seeming to feel any pain it continued pursuing us and seized many of our fellows-" This thing, it.. It ate them. Yes it would appear to derive sustenance from living flesh, like any other predator. No doubt the loyalists disturbed it's hibernation when they occupied the town. Park shook his head. What's your recommendation then? There's far too little time to come up with anything clever I'm afraid, so instead I'm granting you temporary authorization for 30-ton class vehicles in the motor pool here at Site-17. Take what you need and capture that thing. Affirmative, and thanks. Van Heel was already turning to leave but he stopped, and gave Park a sideways glance. Don't mention it Agent Park. Then he left.

Alright Dinvale, you get all that? This intel is pretty good. I know we've got a few platoons of IFVs lying around so I'm thinking we grab 12 of those (liberal estimate), 7 passengers each not counting each of us, I think we can handle that. Carter's already kicking up a company for us, it'll divide up perfectly, hopefully he'll have some choice picks for NCOs ready. Considering the Giant didn't care much about gunfire maybe we should consider some heavier manned weapons.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2015, 10:15:03 am »

Agent Dinvale
Clara pushes the crate of small guns into the armory return area.

So what I'm hearing is, we need vehicles, rocket launchers, and flame throwers. Sounds good, should I pack up some canisters of tear gas and some cabling in case we need to stall it? I can get that stuff and meet you in the motor pool if you want to get a head start on the cars.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7