Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: SCP: Another day, another death [IC]  (Read 7813 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Another day, another death [IC]
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 09:22:46 pm »

Agent Carter
Is there a plaza in the city we can lure it to? Somewhere nice and open, with a good view of the sky.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2015, 03:26:17 am »

Agent Park
Not a clue. We have no recon on the town itself, all we had were the low-orbit sat photos of the geography in this area.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2015, 04:18:13 pm »

Agent Carter
Okay. We'll need to find one. Do the F-15 pilots have clearance to know what's going on here?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:14:11 am by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2015, 05:48:56 pm »

Agent Park
It's inevitable that they'll find out if we dispatch them. Leave it to the spooks to handle the repercussions. It might be a good idea to bring one of them in to have them tell us where it is precisely, that way we don't have to waste time searching or asking civilians. Should we do it?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2015, 09:17:43 am »

Agent Carter
My thoughts exactly. Okay. We get an F-15 flyover to locate the bastard. We lure it to the largest open area we can find, and deploy infantry with AT weaponry along the rooftops. Then, we cordon the area off with the IFVs. I'll dismount and call in a gun run from the F-15 to get its attention, and then the infantry reveal themselves and fire, supported by the Bradleys. As soon as it's down, we get the cabling over it and signal for extraction.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2015, 10:15:27 am »

Agent Dinvale
If this thing is as big as you say then I don't know how well a few AFVs would do at stopping it from running away, I think we have enough cabling to tie it off to the buildings and use it as a trip wire and still have enough to bind it up afterwards. Hopefully the monster will get caught up and fall without the need for heavy ordinance, but we should set up an ambush nearby to make sure we're ready. Remember: aim for the legs, we don't get credit for capturing if we kill the damn thing. Kinda wish I'd thought to bring one of those big harpoon guns now, it seems like that would've been really useful.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:35 pm »

Agent Park
Somehow I don't think we'll be able to trip a giant monster, that idea relies on too many assumptions. Carter, we'll go with your plan. Make it happen.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2015, 05:46:02 pm »

A low ranking agent ran up to Agent Park and looked at him with nervous eyes.
 "S-Sir, the recon squad just reported in! I-It's been sighted 4 kilometers due north!"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2015, 09:40:46 pm »

Agent Park
Where? In the town?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2015, 09:47:52 pm »

He nodded.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2015, 11:29:04 pm »

Agent Park
Park got back on the radio. Whose platoon is closest to the town? I just got one of our guys telling me we spotted the giant. I never ordered that, did one of you send out an independent recon?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2015, 11:10:28 am »

Agent Carter
We left at approximately the same time. In fact, Dinvale's platoon is just alongside mine. I, ah, don't recall sending out recon. Do we have a better fix on its location?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2015, 11:16:28 am »

Agent Dinvale
Any chance one of the squads has decided to go rogue and set up a trap for us? It seems a bit unlikely but we can't be too careful, especially with some of the places the foundation has been recruiting from of late...

That said, we're about to go fight a nigh invincible giant that eats people, so even if I'm right the most effective trap might be to tell us exactly where said giant is...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2015, 11:24:13 am »

Gilles stands in front of the Class D, and unveil the painting for about a minute. After that, he proceeds to cut the Class D open, install a drain in the lung to get the fluid out, then extract a piece of lung and put it in an bath of nutrient on a balance, to see if the fluid is teleported into the lung part or extracted from the cells. Another piece of lung is killed, then observed to see if fluid is produced without living cells.

Finally, part of the patient lung are killed, but left in place, to see if fluid is produced there too.

The painting is covered and sent back to storage.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2015, 06:16:16 pm »

Agent Park
How do you lose track of a whole squad of your men? I want a head count; find out who dismounted without permission. Park waved at the unidentified agent. Get up here, take me to where you said that thing was. What's your name? Whose platoon are you assigned to?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:19:32 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7