Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167300 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1080 on: November 09, 2016, 01:17:45 am »

I'm weighing up whether the one second spent hacking is worth it when you could just start shooting them instead.
Mei.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 09, 2016, 01:42:29 am »

Little question for those who tested her : how long do your skills stay disabled once you get hacked by Sombra ?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 09, 2016, 02:42:28 am »

I look forward to using Sombra. She seems like an excellent flanking disruptor, the type of character that knows when to jump in right in time to screw up the other team's plan. The more perceptive the player is, and the more communication the team has, the stronger I think Sombra will be. I know that's true for most characters, but with her I think it'll be exponential.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 09, 2016, 03:14:03 am »

Little question for those who tested her : how long do your skills stay disabled once you get hacked by Sombra ?
6 seconds
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 09, 2016, 06:20:53 pm »

(what is a male waifu? cause that is junkrat).

Husbando.

On topic, I'm hyped for sombra, it looks like she's going to be a genji difficulty hero. The dev's were on stream over blizzcon, Her SMG is slated to have S76 DPS. Which is a not insignificant leg up on tracer. Sombra can actually solo kill (a) tanks on one (massive) clip. That said her scatter is significant, so she basically has to stand uncomfortably close to actually achieve anything.

I'm just quoting the dev's from their blizzcon stream footage here.

Like Genji and Mei she's going to be one of those hero's that punishes poor teamwork, and rewards good teamwork. But she's less of a playmaker(Mei Ult/Genji multi-pick) and more of a oblique threat.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 10, 2016, 02:59:06 pm »

Genji difficulty?

Damn, I thought she was going to be hard to use :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 11, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »

PTR is glitched for me since Sombra released, but apparently Pharah can fly forever on PTR?

As a Pharah main it doesn't sound like a good change.  It makes a lot of the interesting movement more automatic without making Pharah better or really expanding what she can do with a skilled player.  All it really amounts to is making Pharah duels less interesting, since they're usually decided by who has to land first.

The actually important matchups for Pharah (McCree, Genji, Widowmaker, and Ana) are not going to be effected by this at all.  So she'll be no better than before, just slightly more annoying to play if there's a Pharah on the enemy team.  I eagerly await the day I'll be able to play against the 24/7 McCree spam without a mercy staff rammed up my ass.  20 damage 20 damage 20 damage 40 damage 20 damage 20 damage 20 damage 20 damage...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 11, 2016, 04:21:51 pm »

PTR is glitched for me since Sombra released, but apparently Pharah can fly forever on PTR?
It's a little more than that. They increased the lift of her jetpack by 35%. So you can take off a lot faster and perhaps dodge things vertically a bit better. They didn't nerf the amount of fuel or its regen rate to counter it though, and so yes, she can fly forever.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 11, 2016, 04:47:54 pm »

I think one thing the Pharah change would do is that she can now essentially travel freely around map edges and flank.

PTR is glitched

PTR

Gee, I wonder why they call it the public test region. :P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:49:32 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 11, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »

You're being sarcastic but I wasn't complaining?

Yeah if they do make the change there'll be all kinds of fun stuff you can do.  Pharah can already take cover in all sorts of wacky midair places and then pop over/under/to the side when she wants to shoot.  With that change she'd be able to camp those spots forever.  She could also do stuff like fly out over cliffs where certain characters could never get to her.

Unfortunately, most of those aren't that great anyway.  if you fly out to sea on, say, Illios: Lighthouse you're just going to get shot by a sniper or McCree.  Infinitely hovering to take cover is cool and all but you can... pretty much already do it anyway, and generally you're going to want to leave cover at some point so you can get close to people.  All the change is going to do is make the second rule of Pharah less important.

(second rule of Pharah is "don't fly anywhere unless you'd be OK with being on the ground there."  First rule is: "hit every shot.")

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 14, 2016, 04:37:01 am »

I don't remember if I ever put my gametag in here for people to add and play together. It's Ygdrad#1694. Feel free to add me. I main support(Ana & Lucio) but play the other classes fine.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 15, 2016, 12:24:23 pm »

Double post! There's a fair chance Sombra and the PTR changes are going to be hitting live at 2pm EST today. Can't wait to try her out(I held back on playing PTR), or at least try to as everyone will try instalocking her in the new 1 hero limit quickplay mode.

Edit: She's in!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:36:15 pm by Ygdrad »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 15, 2016, 05:10:04 pm »

Sombra thoughts:

She's a blast to play.  Her gun is very satisfying to use (mostly for reasons of sound), her evasive playstyle is fun without feeling particularly stronger than Tracer or Genji.  That being said, when Sombras realize how powerful there teleport is, she's going to become the new deadringer spy.  Her ult is powerful and fun but, also, essentially automatic and easy to charge.  4+ player EMPs is effortless, and the only way to counter it would be to shift your team's entire strategy around it.  I would say that its currently the easiest ult to use and the second easiest ult to achieve game impact with.  Her skins/voice lines/other flavor is great.

Her gun tho... what the fuck Blizzard.  Its literally just the good points of Tracer and 76's guns combined, to the point where I would say right now there's no reasonable situation where you'd pick 76 or Tracer over Sombra.  You can put the gun vaguely on the head or body of a squish from a solid distance away (the longest range you'd reasonably fight as Sombra) and consistently take out half their health which, coincidentally, is the point where you get wall hacks on them.  I don't know why they think long range evasion characters is an acceptable dynamic.  Because its not.

Now to my main, Pharah.  It was weird soaring up so high every time I hit space.  In practice tho once I adjusted it made 0 difference in how I played.  She can't even fly forever without shift, and in general the rule with Pharah is you want to go down rather than up if you're under fire so... what was the point of this change?  Anyone, on to the actually significant changes.  They buffed D'va, and they added flanking 76 into the game, who can be picked at the same time as McCree.  The hack does nothing to Pharah, but the gun... oh god the gun.  Its like if Tracer could get her full DPS on you from the ground, that's literally what its like.  I'm pretty sure that Pharah has officially gone from "unplayable in competitive" to "unplayable in quick play".  Granted I was partied with some pretty inexperienced players while trying this patch out, so maybe that will change.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 15, 2016, 11:37:05 pm »

One match as Sombra later, she's super powerful. Like, shreds anything and keeps aggro off like it's nobody's business. I can see something getting nerfed in the next two weeks.

Similarly- the general 20% slower ult boost that affects everyone- seems to me like this makes defense a lot easier, since the opposing team's gonna take so much longer to crack whatever you've got, allowing you to jockey for a better defensible position, which becomes even more rugged once defense throws their ults out. Attacker ults are usually quick and local- you don't see a teamkill Soldier going around, fer example. Giving them a harder time edge-wise when in the same time Junkrat's gonna nuke your whole team with a surprise riptire seems to make the whole thing favor defense.

Am I wrong?

Sombra, no you ain't wrong she's fucking dynamite.

As for the slower ults, no you're not either. But I think the biggest hit for defense is the lack of multiple of the same hero. No more last minute Temple of Anubis saves with a quick swap to 3 Reinhearts.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 16, 2016, 08:45:32 am »

The pros are saying Sombra is fairly underpowered and at first I thought their points were fairly valid. It's hard to get value out of her hack and invisibility against people who know how she works since they're easily cancelled and tracer has both better/more reliable mobility and damage.

Then I gave it more thought. With the game as it currently stands, she is the only thing capable of preventing an enemy mercy from flying to her dead team and reviving them all. The only option others have is to kill her before she gets anywhere near them since revive has no required cast time or animation time and there aren't any stuns that won't potentially give her a split second to get it through before she dies. She can ult an incoming mercy and save your team from having to deal with res instantly.

Here is the most important thing I thought about and tested. Zarya's bubble lets you hack even if damaged. That's right, with a good friendly zarya, you can actually sneak up behind the enemy team and hack their Reinhardt's shield away even if the enemies see and shoot you. Positioning and a Winston shield can also be used to great effect.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107