Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167301 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1065 on: November 06, 2016, 06:24:54 pm »

From the videos of Sombra gameplay, 76 is rather good at countering Sombra, because his spread can graze her, and he can also tap to take her out from range.
Sombra shoots faster and for longer. She sounds like a counter to herself. At least for taking her out of cloak, Soldier is probably better at the followup.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 07, 2016, 02:46:49 am »

I just finished a match where at one point, a Mei managed to build a wall under herself at the exact instant she died. Her corpse was launched straight up in the air like a rocket, and I swear it was at least 5 seconds before it came back down! I was laughing my butt off~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 07, 2016, 03:10:31 am »

I miss the days when Mei can cover her entire team with ice wall if she uses it right before the victory screen.

Or when D.va can blow herself up while posing for victory.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 07, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »

Sombra has been released on the PTR for Overwatch! Also, Ecopoint: Antarctica is a new map and the arcade mode has been overhauled!

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 07, 2016, 07:07:01 pm »

I had to wait in queue with 5000 players to join the PTR, and yet the queue times for games are still several minutes, sometimes upward of 5 minutes. So many players, yet still not enough it seems.

Blizzard might need to allocate more servers to PTR.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 07, 2016, 09:56:19 pm »

Sombra seems mildly irritating but not really useful.

Hacks are incredibly easy to avoid by either breaking line of sight or just dealing 1 damage to her to interrupt.  Even if you are hacked... you just shoot her and she dies.

Her smg can bring people down to like 25% of their health, then she either dies trying to reload the damn thing or just does a tracer and teleports to fuck off where, while you go use one of the many ways to heal.

She pops up in the middle of the team, farts out an EMP blast... and they just shoot her and she dies.

Eventually I just switched back to reaper, at least then I can actually kill something.  Or the other two flankers, genji or tracer, as now we have four heroes all competing for the same basic role of flanking and spanking.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 08, 2016, 02:47:47 am »

Wait so damage breaks the hack?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 08, 2016, 03:03:01 am »

I'm going to guess it's interrupted by damage if it's still being channeled, but if it successfully goes through then it doesn't get broken. Emphasis on guess.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 08, 2016, 03:27:01 am »

If that's the case that seems like a crippling mechanic.  Without the hack, Sombra literally has only her weak gun and her ult to effect other characters.  Her passive and 2/3 of her abilities affect only her.

Honestly looking at her description on the wiki, it seems like they're introducing a third character to the Genji/Tracer mix.  Which is kinda hilarious given that the attack and defense categories are together entirely dominated by 2-4 characters, and Genji is one of them.  Already Tracer sees almost no use despite being a solid character in her own right, simply because in what situation would you chose her over Genji?  Similar to how Hanzo stacked up to Widow on release.  Now they want to add a weird flanking support who doesn't have a damaging ult and they expect her to be able to compete for Genji or Tracer's slot on the team?

(the opinions above are not final until I play the character)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 08, 2016, 07:29:35 am »

Sombra's game resolves pretty much entirely around initiating and escaping from what I can see. Stealth/transponder -> hack can make a key target useless, and transponder is pretty much a guaranteed escape, and her passive allows her to hunt down the last enemies easily.

Would disagree about the gun, unless they've thrown out an incredibly fast patch :P
Close/Med range, very high fire rate, large mag. Bit less damage than a tracer but with a longer effective range. Unless at completely the wrong range or having a bad aim match, I've had minimal issues killing even tanks in 1 mag.

I'd say she definitely needs tweaking though. The transponder makes her incredibly difficult to actually kill, and with hacked first aids she's back in the fight incredibly fast.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 08, 2016, 11:39:30 am »

I'm going to guess it's interrupted by damage if it's still being channeled, but if it successfully goes through then it doesn't get broken. Emphasis on guess.

That would be correct.  Interrupting doesn't cause a cooldown though.

But still, I'd try to hack someone and they just turn around and shoot me to stop it.  Or it would go though, but I'm still getting shot at and killed, and after 3-4 seconds the effect wears off so I basically wasted my time.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 08, 2016, 12:15:26 pm »

I can't wait to get the new quickplay and arcade modes. We can finally have balanced matches when we're not in the mood for competitive. No-limit hero stacking is getting pushed to Arcade and quickplay is getting a 1 hero limit like competitive.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:06 pm »

The thing I love most about the new arcade system is the implementation of weekly rewards, so I don't feel tempted to actually buy lootboxes, although I have managed to avoid doing so. Plus, we can play the different types of arcade and aren't limited to whatever happens to be on that week, and they introduced new 1v1 and 3v3 modes, which are pretty neat.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 08, 2016, 06:33:51 pm »

3v3 is a great test of skill and teamwork. If you can get a 3 stack up it's a great way to test yourselves. Really liking the rein-hog-ana combo for it.

That saidf, if you don't have a 3 stack you can bollocksed completely by an uncooperative teammate.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 08, 2016, 07:40:18 pm »

I'm weighing up whether the one second spent hacking is worth it when you could just start shooting them instead.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 107