Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167296 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1095 on: November 16, 2016, 09:11:20 am »

I'm hoping Mercy gets buffed without having to rely on a frankly already kind of cheesy nigh-unpreventable mass revive. It's frustrating, and it doesn't make her any less underpowered.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 16, 2016, 09:25:04 am »

Honestly it's gonna be pretty much impossible to tell how good Sombra is til people get used to her and the game meta evolves.  I've personally found her weapon to be rather underwhelming given its effective range is close enough for her to be shredded rapidly, and whilst her translocator lets her escape she doesn't have the window to deal damage. Most of her strength I've found is in denying the enemy health packs and the odd occasion she can get a hack off on an enemy - which can be maximised thru the team (and the EMP is a gamechanger.)

Mercywise, I still think revive needs a channel time and the rest of her kit (maybe) needs a buff. I say maybe as I haven't played her since the patch.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 16, 2016, 09:32:44 am »

I main support and nearly never play Mercy. Rez-aside she is the weakest healer. Her heal isn't all that strong compared to the other options available and unlike all other healers, she can't heal and do damage at the same time. She also has zero useful utility outside of her ult. Except for something like a bastion or Pharah, there aren't many things worth damage-boosting over just pulling out your pistol and shooting stuff yourself for more damage. The one thing I like about the damage boost is the ability to help a teammate charge a good ult faster.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 16, 2016, 11:03:21 am »

I actually prefer Mercy over the other healers, for the most part. But then, I do a lot of switching between healing/buffing and I feel like I do a pretty good job of prioritizing who needs what the most.

Granted, this is more of a playstyle thing and not really meant to reflect how strong I think she is. I just find her more fun while still being pretty effective.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 16, 2016, 11:56:22 am »

Thus far, every Sombra I've gotten matched with just sits behind the tanks and tries to snipe enemies, without ever touching her teleport or cloak or hack.

1700's ranking is a cesspool of inadequacy >_<

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 16, 2016, 11:57:34 am »

I remember some person on the reddit saying...

"You either kill Mercy first, or you kill her 15th "

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 16, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »

Problem is if mercy's rez had a cast time, it would almost never actually work.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 16, 2016, 05:25:19 pm »

Thus far, every Sombra I've gotten matched with just sits behind the tanks and tries to snipe enemies, without ever touching her teleport or cloak or hack.

1700's ranking is a cesspool of inadequacy >_<

Trust me, inadequacy goes a fair part of the way up. The 2500's are the same. Lots of people have been placed in ranks they don't belong in. At least season 3 placements are supposed to fix some of that.

Sombra is new. Some people got to their rank by being mechanically good, some people because they have good game sense, some both. Just because someone was able to play some other character semi-decently after watching some guide videos doesn't mean they'll be able to think for themselves and come up with anything intelligent to do with a new character until someone tells them how to play.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 16, 2016, 05:47:56 pm »

I main support and nearly never play Mercy. Rez-aside she is the weakest healer. Her heal isn't all that strong compared to the other options available and unlike all other healers, she can't heal and do damage at the same time. She also has zero useful utility outside of her ult. Except for something like a bastion or Pharah, there aren't many things worth damage-boosting over just pulling out your pistol and shooting stuff yourself for more damage. The one thing I like about the damage boost is the ability to help a teammate charge a good ult faster.

Yeah, by single-target healers Ana's a stronger healer (by which I mean more HP/s when dedicated to healing someone) and does way more damage and has an ult that doesn't rely on the rest of your team dying and has utility abilities that are pretty damn good. Zenyatta doesn't heal as much without his ult but his damage output is monstrous compared to every other support.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 17, 2016, 03:14:48 am »

i find Mercy fun to play so I play her on QP, but boy if she isn't terrible in competitive.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 17, 2016, 02:00:21 pm »

More like it would require some sort of skill and decision making to use, right now it has no real counterplay.
Blizzard shouldn't be balancing heroes around their ultimates either way.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 17, 2016, 04:02:49 pm »

COUGHSYMMETRACOUGH

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 17, 2016, 11:33:32 pm »

I always used to complain about Lucio's ultimate cast time, but now I've found it useful. Twitchy Sombra players can't wait to EMP when I activate Sound Barrier and so a few times they've done it during the cast time and I got my entire ult refunded :)
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 18, 2016, 09:32:19 am »

Well no, it'd require more thought as to positioning when you use it, and you'd need to hide closer to the team which would make it more counterable. It'd be far less reliable, but it should be IMO as absurdly powerful as it is. She'd definitely need buffs elsewhere tho or she'd be less than useless.

COUGHSYMMETRACOUGH
That's why they're doing a complete rework :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 18, 2016, 11:21:08 am »

^
That's why Mercy's ult needs a nerf. Right now she's a binary one-button hero, basically. If ult is good, she's broken as hell; if it's bad, she's useless. Make her ult more skill-based or difficult to use to the fullest extent and you give room for buffs elsewhere.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107