Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167172 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2016, 04:45:14 pm »

Yeah, D.Va needs both stat buffs and quality of life changes. As EH said, the eject should be instant. Her head hitbox in the mech needs to just be her human head (which also, interestingly, would make it very difficult to headshot her from anywhere except in front of her). Definitely should allow Defense Matrix, the boosters, and firing to all be used at the same time, because right now one of her biggest issues is that using Defense Matrix to get in close or escape from a bad spot just means that the enemy players have time to back off or surround you. Letting D.Va keep shooting would help alleviate that a lot. A reduction to the slowdown while firing would be great.

Her weapon should have much higher damage--they're basically Reaper's shotguns with no reload, so not that high, but enough to still burn someone down quickly. Maybe change it from 0.5-3 per pellet to 1-5 per pellet or something. I'd also like to see something like a removal of damage dropoff. The spread's such that you won't do more that harass damage at anything beyond close range anyways, but it's enough to help discourage campers.

I mean, hell, any two of those would vastly improve her QoL.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 14, 2016, 05:12:31 pm »

My only issue with her is that she adds nothing to her team if she isn't in her mech.  And there are times where it takes a while to get the damage in to summon a new mech.  Honestly it would have been better to die 100% and just respawn sometimes.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 14, 2016, 05:31:26 pm »

Yeah, I can't figure out D.VA at all.  I've seen some effective D.VA's, but I have no idea how to use her myself. 

I'm not even entirely sure how to fight her properly.  Occasionally her damage output seems way higher than I expect, but most of the time it seems way lower, so I'm always kinda second guessing things.

Her boost does ram damage if you hit people and knocks them back. The D.Va combo is surprisingly simple. Ram some fool, then cancel your boost and start blasting away, repeat indefinitely. Neatly, the cancel boost button and shoot main weapon buttons are the same button. Her shotguns basically do no damage at anything but literal ram distance.

That's pretty much it. That's how you play D.Va. Constantly reposition yourself, boost has a low cooldown. Defense matrix high sources of damage, but most of all, SAVE YOUR TEAMMATES FROM DEATH with defense matrix. They won't appreciate you for it, or really understand what happened, but you will, and that's all that matters. Feel free to get in the thick of shit and disrupt the other team harder than a winston main, cause you'll eject from your mech and you can run away like the little girl you really are, and the mech does not take long to recharge.

Then cry because your ult is pretty much useless. Ult the enemy spawn door if you're near the last objective, about the most use you can get out of it is being a worse mei ult that takes twice as long to charge.

I agree her crit-zone is pretty atrocious, to the point where point-blank duels with a soldier76 usually result in soldier76 winning the 1v1, despite how your armor should mitigate his repeated small-ish ticks of damage. At close range he will get almost all crits and you're totally screwed. (soldier76 needs his health field to win though). It doesn't help that when D.Va fires she is basically standing still cause the movement penalty is so huge (like 75% or something).

I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard reduced her crit-zone to something reasonable. Hopefully they'll accompany it with some other buff, like changing the movement penalty, I personally want her shotguns to have a tighter spread so she can duke it out with smaller characters in the side-lines where D.Va already does best, it wouldn't be a straight damage buff, but it would make her more effective than she is now against smaller characters without making her more effective against tanks (cause her balance against other tanks is totally fine TBH).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 14, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »

I disagree that her Ult is useless. I've gotten a few team kills with the Self Destruct and it is very effective in clearing out choke points that the enemy is holding. At worst you usually force the enemy team to reposition, and if you time that right you can give your team time to get back into position or catch back up if most of them are dead.

Most of the time I net at least a few kills from it, which is enough to charge it back up so I can summon my Mech again.

You do have to be smart about it, of course. It's not a 'use ASAP' ult like some others.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2016, 05:50:41 pm »

I've gotten a few kills with the Self Destruct blizzard and it is very effective in clearing out choke points that the enemy is holding. At worst you usually force the enemy team to reposition, and if you time that right you can give your team time to get back into position or catch back up if most of them are dead.

This is why I called it a worse mei ult.  :P These are essentially all things that a mei ult accomplishes, except her blizzard can work through walls.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:52 pm »

Yeah, if you're not playing against retards and don't do anything tricky, D.Va's ult is a pure zone ult. Nobody paying the slightest bit of attention will die to it unless (as I said) you do something really sneaky so that they don't see it coming. Basically on the level of doing a long-loft where it pops over a wall and detonates almost instantly, or going outside the map to ult from a completely unconventional direction. Or ulting right as the enemy Mercy ults/into a friendly Mei/Zarya ult.

3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 14, 2016, 06:29:00 pm »

I've gotten a few kills with the Self Destruct blizzard and it is very effective in clearing out choke points that the enemy is holding. At worst you usually force the enemy team to reposition, and if you time that right you can give your team time to get back into position or catch back up if most of them are dead.

This is why I called it a worse mei ult.  :P These are essentially all things that a mei ult accomplishes, except her blizzard can work through walls.
Can't deflect a self-destruct. You can with Blizzard, as it's a projectile.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 14, 2016, 06:41:44 pm »

Can't deflect a self-destruct. You can with Blizzard, as it's a projectile.

you can charge it as rein though
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 14, 2016, 06:44:38 pm »

And you can't charge a Blizzard or Zarya ult because they aren't character models.

3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 14, 2016, 06:45:23 pm »

Being deflectable isn't exactly a huge knock on the ability.  That's kind of like never flying because what if the plane crashes.
Shoes...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 14, 2016, 06:48:52 pm »

And you can't charge a Blizzard or Zarya ult because they aren't character models.
REMEMBER ME AS I WAS *explodes*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 14, 2016, 06:55:21 pm »

Adjusting the way the ult tracks line of sight would also be a big help for D.Va.  Right now if the center of the mech's model isn't visible you're not in line of sight.  You can crouch behind a parking meter and survive it from point blank.
Shoes...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2016, 07:44:19 pm »

Adjusting the way the ult tracks line of sight would also be a big help for D.Va.  Right now if the center of the mech's model isn't visible you're not in line of sight.  You can crouch behind a parking meter and survive it from point blank.

If it went through walls it would be OP as all hell. And changing the ult to check for hitbox edges is a recode so that might not be likely either (although I would like it). Honestly, the best thing to do is just reduce the warning time the other team gets, reduce the time to explosion after she presses Q.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 14, 2016, 07:51:10 pm »

It's still less absurd than it is now. It can be blocked completely by one of those destructible street signs.

3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 14, 2016, 09:11:54 pm »

Is there a master list of bnet tags? We might want to put one of those together if there's not.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 107