Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167159 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #555 on: June 13, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »

Mercy also feels like a bullet magnet the way everyone focus-fires on her sometimes.  :D
Such is the life of a healer class. Heals teammates and acts as a magnet for every bullet, arrow, and explosive in the vicinity.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 13, 2016, 07:25:02 pm »

On the bright side, because you picked the support no one will actually blame you for getting shot.  A mercy can fly directly out of Reinhardt's shield and get hooked by a roadhog she knew was there, and she can blame it on the reinhardt and the rest of the team will agree with her.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2016, 07:27:05 pm »

And then there are games where you have both Symmetra and Zenyatta, but no Lucio or Mercy because hey, two supports.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2016, 07:58:00 pm »

But then at least ball guy wouldn't be one shot by as many things, as he likes to do so much.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2016, 11:03:30 am »

This isn't live everywhere, but here are apparently the patch notes.  Pretty big McCree nerf and a bit of a Widowmaker nerf.

McCree
Alternate fire Damage decrease from 70 to 45
Time before reloading decrease from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds.

WidowMaker
Alternate fire (Snipe) Base damage decrease from 15 to 12 (damage multiplier from charging doesn't change)
Headshot damage multiplier increase from x2 to x2.5 (headshots do the same amount of damage as they did previously)
Player can only re-enter "sniping mode" after the "exit snipe mode" animation finish
Infra-Sight (Ult) Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%

Bug Fixed
Improve custom game "High bandwidth Mode" stability
Mercy will no longer charge her ult if her right click target is shooting shield or ice wall
Reaper will no longer teleport to weird places
Fix some bugs in Dorado (Should include the Symmetra one)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2016, 11:42:48 am »

That all seems pretty reasonable.  Wonder if Widow's headshot damage is listed in her in-game info or not (since headshot damage is otherwise standard across all characters).

I'm glad Mei is no longer making it pathetically easy to charge one of the game's best ults just by existing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 14, 2016, 01:35:42 pm »

This isn't live everywhere, but here are apparently the patch notes.  Pretty big McCree nerf and a bit of a Widowmaker nerf.

McCree
Alternate fire Damage decrease from 70 to 45
Time before reloading decrease from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds.

WidowMaker
Alternate fire (Snipe) Base damage decrease from 15 to 12 (damage multiplier from charging doesn't change)
Headshot damage multiplier increase from x2 to x2.5 (headshots do the same amount of damage as they did previously)
Player can only re-enter "sniping mode" after the "exit snipe mode" animation finish
Infra-Sight (Ult) Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%

Bug Fixed
Improve custom game "High bandwidth Mode" stability
Mercy will no longer charge her ult if her right click target is shooting shield or ice wall
Reaper will no longer teleport to weird places
Fix some bugs in Dorado (Should include the Symmetra one)

yessssss

I've been saying that exact thing about widowmaker for days now.  Her problems at pro-level play are unavoidable, they're the same problems every single sniper class ever has.  Her problem at normal levels of play is that her body shot and uncharged damage is high enough any dipshit can come on and clean house by spraying uncharged body shots.  This'll bring her back in line for those of us who aren't pros.

To be honest I still wouldn't complain if they just deleted Widowmaker completely.  It'll obviously never happen, but if they really want to shake things up having a shooter without a hitscan sniper class would be groundbreaking.

I'd like to see the assault rifle nerfed as well.  Right now she's like how I was bitching about bastion but worse.  Even Winston she has a pretty decent shot against one on one, and worst case scenario can just hook away from him and into her team to save herself.
Shoes...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2016, 02:03:55 pm »

I just wish her ult had any indication to the enemy team
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 14, 2016, 02:22:54 pm »

I just wish her ult had any indication to the enemy team

All we need is a big symbol at the top of the screen. One of those triangles with a '!' in the middle, anything. BAM. done.

mmmm... as I've recently picked up playing D.Va, that McCree nerf fills me with joy. Smaller ticks of damage == armor health more effective. Usually when I see a team with a widow & winston on it I just drop whatever I'm doing and grab D.Va, she hard counters winston, and she can gank widowmaker in public matches where the enemy team doesn't converge like the circling crocodiles if you go for their sniper, usually the widows in pubs can't do jack shit against you, your armor makes her venom mine completely useless and her SMG less effective, not to mention you can boost + defense matrix to prevent her headshotting you while you approach her.

Honestly. D.Va is just a total blast to play. And there is possibly no greater schadenfreude then defense matrix-ing an enemy mccree/soldier76/pharah/tracer/reaper/hanzo ultimate. The best anti-ultimate in the game next to lucio's ultimate.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 14, 2016, 02:47:57 pm »

On the other hand D'va offers very easy "headshots" for a Widow once defense matrix is on cooldown.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 14, 2016, 02:52:31 pm »

There are those games where D.VA is an unstoppable beast, then there are those other games where it feels like the mech is made of wet cardboard.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 14, 2016, 03:11:18 pm »

Yeah, I can't figure out D.VA at all.  I've seen some effective D.VA's, but I have no idea how to use her myself. 

I'm not even entirely sure how to fight her properly.  Occasionally her damage output seems way higher than I expect, but most of the time it seems way lower, so I'm always kinda second guessing things.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 14, 2016, 03:20:26 pm »

Far as I can figure, the worst place to be when fighting D va is up in her face. She can probably out damage you and doesn't need to reload. Around mid range her damage falls off significantly, but she has jet boosters to close the distance. Long range attacks seem to work out the best, doubly so if you hit her bigger than usual head hitbox.

D va is also armored, so she's going to take reduced damage from tracer, reaper, and anyone that deals damage over multiple hits compared to good alpha heroes like widowmaker hanzo pharah and junkrat.

Still have no idea how to play her effectively, but she also feels like she needs a buff somewhere too. Just not sure where.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 14, 2016, 03:44:57 pm »

Shrink her head hitbox, DevilishHat ended up with like 40 charged crits as widowmaker against a stacked D.Va team.

I'm always a fan of more nuanced changes than just adjusting numbers.  I was thinking an interesting Zenyatta buff would be giving him a mode switch between Harmony and Discord mode with multiple co-aligned orb uses but no anti-aligned orb uses.

So three or so harmony orbs in harmony mdoe but no discord or destruction.  Three discord orbs and access to attacks in discord mode but no healing.  Make one of the modes (Discord probably, but harmony might make more sense?) extremely tanky but immobile.  Give him improved mobility in the other.

D.Va could also get a multifaceted weapon.  Maybe keep the primary fire the same as now (or even remove its slowdown) and add a secondary flechette mode more like the heavy's gun but shorter range.  HIgh damage, shit mobility, charge-up time, maybe even limited ammo.
Shoes...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 14, 2016, 04:04:50 pm »

I like the whole "damage dealer if you're directly in front of her, tank if you're not" dynamic D'va has, but... the numbers just aren't there for her to be useful.  Personally I'd upgrade her gun and then either give her crit resistance (so like only 150% damage from crits) or take away her armor and make her passively tankier against non-crits.

Coming out of the mech needs to be faster, even instant.  The one thing D'va is better at than anyone else is coming out of spawn and contesting a point, because you can't keep her off of it and then she's guaranteed ~3 seconds of contest time even if she dies instantly.  Its stupid.  On the other hand, after losing the mech she should have invincibility frames until she has control of her character.  I can't count the number of times I've swung randomly at the dying mech as Rein and scored a hit on D'va the moment she spawns.

Zenyatta needs to either have heals on par with Mercy, or some kind of extra survivability feature.  You could say "Mercy doesn't have heals from across the map" but I would counter that Mercy can easily top off a bunch of wounded people whereas Zenyatta has a delay on his heals and can very easily apply the harmony orb to the wrong person.  All he wants to do is pocket a Winston or Pharah but he's still worse at that than Mercy would be.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:20:55 pm by EnigmaticHat »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 107