Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167170 times)

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2016, 03:47:46 pm »

if anyone wants to group, feel free to add me and invite me whenever. Battletag is Mattk50#1928

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2016, 06:21:46 pm »

Haven't posted much in this thread, but I've played a lot of Overwatch since release :D Battletag: QuantumFlux#2850

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2016, 08:32:17 pm »

DrSpaceDog#1974

I only bother getting on when there's something going, game's not worth playing solo queue, so PM me if you want to play something.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2016, 10:22:35 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 16, 2016, 01:47:16 am »

A few of us just had a fun bunch of games, we won most of them too.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 16, 2016, 09:23:24 am »

Probably gonna start playing again now that the McCree and Widow nerfs are in.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 16, 2016, 11:40:57 am »

Having played both before and after the nerfs; my experience in pub matches has notably improved.

smoothbandit#11856

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 16, 2016, 03:56:43 pm »

Wolfeyez has a shitload of friend requests from people who are apparently randoms. WTF?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 16, 2016, 04:18:36 pm »

Bought a few days ago, and I have to say, I absolutely love this game.

First off, what they've done with the whole scoreboard and everything so closely aligns to how I want to feel playing video games: upbeat and positively focused. I mean, they don't even have a death counter on the final scoreboard. Every single stat is just a "this is neat, good job!" I honestly think it makes the game a lot less toxic, too; I haven't felt the need to mute a single person yet which is super rare for me. Heck, I haven't even turned off voice-chat.

Second, it really fits what I want in an FPS game. I remember when I first started playing FPS games I'd try to be all "ninja-like" and sneak up behind people, and just have fun. Being silly doesn't really work in most competitive FPS's now. Overwatch, however, I can pick a fun hero (read "Tracer"), and literally just teleport behind the sniper, while still being a balanced and fair game overall. This is basically everything I could hope for in an FPS game.

So yeah, I'm having a lot of fun. I'm definitely not a pro at FPS games, but you can add "QuinnRi#1683" for a good time.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2016, 04:56:52 pm »

I also just recently got the game. The scoreboard thing really is interesting. You never really get to know how other people are doing. At first it seems really odd but after you get stomped a couple of times you realize it is so much better to say to yourself "we sucked." Than say, "Fikes sucks and lost the game for us."

Over all I like the game. Not sure I like it $60 worth, but time will tell.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 16, 2016, 05:14:26 pm »

You can still get a lot of everyone else sucks. On your own score it gives you your ranking for those categories in 3 ranks. Gold is best in team, silver second, and bronze in third place. If your support has a gold for eliminations, he might take this as reflecting poorly on all the other members who picked offense classes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 16, 2016, 06:34:09 pm »

Wolfeyez has a shitload of friend requests from people who are apparently randoms. WTF?
Maybe because she's highly rated on Master Overwatch in some way?  Like #10 Mercy or Junkrat or something (made that number up, haven't actually checked her out in Master Overwatch).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 16, 2016, 09:36:59 pm »

#170 Junkrat, #4119 Mercy on MasterOverwatch. On OverwatchTracker, she's #102 Junkrat, #1046 Mercy.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 17, 2016, 01:51:24 am »

Just got my funniest play of the game yet.  In a back corner of the last point on Volskaya Industries, ult as Junkrat.  Go past their Reinhardt, blow up a Mercy and random offense character, all standard.  I come out of controlling the tire to find out that Reinhardt has backed into my corner with the shield up.  He hasn't noticed me, and in fact the only person he's shielding is me.  I shoot a few shots into him, blow both him and myself into the air and then he *finally* notices and turns the shield.  After he lands, their Junkrat runs through the shield into my exploding grenades and dies.

Bonus funny, my brother goes ham in a super tight hallway on Illios: Ruins and I dash in as Genji.  Cue their Mercy reviving them and me being trapped, like literally body blocked, by glowing dead people.  I somehow got out alive.  My thoughts afterwards:
"That was so scary.  I'm going to tell ghost stories about that to my kids.
does Genji still have a penis?"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 17, 2016, 09:09:21 am »

Who knows, but he did ensure his cool robot body has the best butt
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 107