Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167072 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release Scheduled for May
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2016, 12:53:56 am »

D'va can't shoot while using her defense matrix (shooting is the same button as canceling).  Bastion is a weak counter to D'va, except when she ults.

She doesn't need to.  She can boost while using defense matrix, so you hit it, fly into his face, and then kill him at point-blank range.  He doesn't do as much damage as she does point blank.

This is simply incorrect, bastion does ~450 dps at close range, D.va does ~170 dps (if all pellets hit) at close range. It's not even close.

I've been on both receiving and shooting end of the bastion gun, and the defensive matrix doesn't really help because bastion is very good at shredding D.va :/ I don't know if boostering into bastion unseiges him, which if it does would make D.va ok against bastion.

Almost everyone is good at shredding D.va because the whole front of her mech (the part where she sits) is her weak point, so it's incredibly easy to get critical hits on her. I actually found I did better in "fragile korean girl" mode because she's faster, harder to hit, and her critical hit point is much smaller. Her pistol is surprisingly powerful too.

It's very useful to have a Roadhog chain a Bastion before you boost up and rain justice from above with Pharah. Also, funfact, Roadhog's chain is hitscan, which means you don't need to lead your target with it. I just found this out today.

Just googled it and you're right! it's hitscan, but with a travel time. If they are under the crosshair when you press the button, they will get hooked when the hook reaches them even if they go behind a wall or something because only the initial hitscan button press matters.

...which explains why I'd miss so many hooks since I was trying to lead it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:55:45 am by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2016, 12:57:33 am »

That's stupid.  You should have to lead!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2016, 06:35:18 am »

If that's true I really don't like it.
Yeah, it really needs to be changed. Hitscan chain OP plz Nerf This.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2016, 07:38:52 pm »

New video.  Hanzo and Genji in Dragons  :)

Also in case you missed it, Symmetra has a comic now, and Pharah gets one sometime this week.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2016, 11:45:51 pm »

In the world of overwatch, people and robots live side by side and apparently robots are supposed to have the same rights as people. They're sentient, have their own religion, and even have relationships with humans.

Why do I bring this up? Notice how Hanzo straight up murders the robot bodyguard but knocks out the humans?

And before you say the robot is probably fine, in the Widowmaker video they die from a single bullet.

So think about what that says about Hanzo.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2016, 12:21:42 am »

Hanzo is the old guard and more traditional of the two brothers.  He expresses this when he sees his brother as well.  Genji obviously, has embraced the future (as it has saved his life), so we probably can't expect them to be fighting on the same side.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2016, 12:31:59 am »

Hanzo is the old guard and more traditional of the two brothers.  He expresses this when he sees his brother as well.  Genji obviously, has embraced the future (as it has saved his life), so we probably can't expect them to be fighting on the same side.
For one thing, Genji is an Overwatch member but Hanzo is not. Reaper also used to be an Overwatch member interestingly enough.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2016, 11:56:47 am »

Yeah, Genji is on the Overwatch side because Mercy saved him.  Hanzo was busy leading the Yakuza when that was going on.  And yeah, reaper was with Blackwatch before fully going rogue.  I don't understand what you're trying to get at?

I think the overarching theme is embracing tech/future/co-existing with synths VS not recognizing synth rights... or something like that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2016, 12:06:51 pm »

Yeah, Genji is on the Overwatch side because Mercy saved him.  Hanzo was busy leading the Yakuza when that was going on.  And yeah, reaper was with Blackwatch before fully going rogue.  I don't understand what you're trying to get at?

I think the overarching theme is embracing tech/future/co-existing with synths VS not recognizing synth rights... or something like that.
I'm not trying to get at anything. =| This is called a conversation mate.

Are those details there from the voice files? Man I should search those down sometime. Also you made a typo.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2016, 12:23:42 pm »

Thought you had some revelation and wanted people to guess at it.  And yes, voice files/lore from wiki.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2016, 12:40:43 pm »

The background lore they've created for Overwatch is interesting. Not that it has any relation to the actual game, though.

Thinking about it, Blizzard has really started to divorce lore and gameplay recently. Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch are both rather divorced from any real Lore impacts on Gameplay compared to their earlier games (Diablo/Starcraft/Warcraft).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »

Yeah, I would totally watch the Overwatch movie that had nothing to do with the gameplay.

In other news, junkrat bombs explode instantly on contact with Mei's walls... even allied ones.  That seems like it would suggest some synergy; trap someone with an ice wall and then Junkrat doesn't even have to aim.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »

Junkrat doesn't even have to aim.
Since when does he aim? He just points in the general direction of the enemy.

The guy is like demoman on crack. Quite literally.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2016, 09:17:22 pm »

Since his projectiles have a 2 hour fuse.

Weak Pharah is weak.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »

Oh yeah I forgot to post the new Pharah comic

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also the Soldier 76 animated short should be out on Sunday.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 107