Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167068 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release Scheduled for May
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2016, 04:35:32 pm »

I have absolutely nothing against mr. gruff ass rifle calla dooty shoot man, nor do I have a problem with him being above-average. Tropes are not evil.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2016, 05:07:39 pm »

I'm not complaining, I'm commenting on the fact that the generic guy holds his own so well in a field of generic characters.

I don't play him but the few times I have I've done well. 
Shoes...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2016, 05:28:44 pm »

76 is a good counter to characters like Mcree that shred tanks at close range.  They can't harass him at a distance because of the heal, they can't chase him down because of the sprint, and he outshoots them.  Even at close range if he lands his skillshot he does pretty solid against, say, Reaper.  He's also good to supplement Zenyatta's mediocre heal, or if you wanted to run Symmetra without a second support.

In general tho I would say his lack of focus works against him.  His ult is mediocre (and only going to get worse at higher levels of play where everyone almost has autoaim anyway), his heals are inferior to the barriers that most tanks get, and he is none of the near-mandatory roles (healer/long-range firepower/tank).  His jack of all trades nature means he overlaps a lot with Mei who I think is a slightly better character.

I dunno, I like where he is.  His heals mean its fun to be on his team, and he doesn't particularly break the game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2016, 06:21:30 pm »

My lineup is: Pharah as close air support, Widowmaker as piss-everyone-off-machine, McCree as Glass Cannon, Lucio as backline healer/demi-tank, and Junkrat as mid-range Demoman.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:51:03 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2016, 06:22:55 pm »

I wonder, do heal-auras stack? If so, a all-Lucio team could be unbeatable purely because they're regen faster than the enemy could damage them.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2016, 07:01:17 pm »

No, they don't.

Also, Wolfeyez and I bought the game today. Turns out that you can get the non-Origins edition from GameStop, but only as a download, and employees don't get a discount on DLC. I would bitch about the price (because I am incredibly cheap,) but between Wolfeyez and I, we've already put in 58 hours into just this round of the beta. We've already gotten our money's worth, and the game isn't even freakin' released yet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2016, 08:53:52 pm »

I passed off on Overwatch today to play Stellaris because I've been so hyped for that game.  But yeah, I had a lot of fun and the two weeks till release couldn't happen faster.

I always pick Zenyatta if my team doesn't have a healer, if we have a healer but no barrier tank I pick Reinhart on attack, Winston on defense, or Zarya if certain conditions are met.  If my team has a barrier tank and a healer, I pick whoever.  Usually Mei, D'va, or Bastion.  I moved away from Bastion the more I played because of how hardcore he can be shut down by snipers.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2016, 09:09:00 pm »

Bastion is the noob trap.  The other really hard counter is D.Va.  Just fly into hsi face with E up and kill him with the shotguns, he doesn't have the damage to kill your suit in time.  Reaper also kills him really easy but you have to be sneaky about it.  D.Va's a no-brainer.

He still gets every single play of the game if somebody plays him, but he's way worse than most people in the beta seem to think he is.  He just mulches through disorganized teams, squishy attackers and supports who just charge into the fight, and enemies running around alone.  AKA  every random queue team.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:12:09 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2016, 09:25:40 pm »

D'va can't shoot while using her defense matrix (shooting is the same button as canceling).  Bastion is a weak counter to D'va, except when she ults.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2016, 03:19:07 pm »

My favorite Play of the Game as Bastion was one where I wasn't just sitting around in turret mode. We were capturing a point and everyone on both teams was brawling inside. I was running around in Recon mode punching people out and occasionally shooting/reloading.  It was hilarious.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2016, 03:43:35 pm »

Tracer is still Bae. And, if I can be a perv for just a moment, goddamn. Those asses. Ffffffuck.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Wolfeyez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »

My desktop took the shot today after destroying the other team's everything on watchpoint map.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2016, 12:46:37 am »

Too bad everything got reset for full release...

so far I like Pharah, Soldier: 76 (!), D.va (especially in fragile korean girl mode).

Also, is mouse-aiming superior or strafe-aiming superior? :v

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2016, 12:52:25 am »

I tend to prefer general-direction spamming.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2016, 04:07:54 pm »

Just remember, THE WORLD IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 107