Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167055 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release Scheduled for May
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2016, 06:30:54 pm »

Just remember, THE WORLD IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR
*Puts ice wall on spawn door during setup*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:12 pm »

*spams "Hello"*
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »

MrRoboto75 wants to capture the objective!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2016, 11:24:47 pm »

c h e e r s  l o v e
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2016, 07:09:08 am »

Mei: 这个世界值得我们的奋战!!!! :D <3 :D
D.va: 게임하면 이겨야지!   alt. NERF THIS!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2016, 10:53:19 am »

D'va can't shoot while using her defense matrix (shooting is the same button as canceling).  Bastion is a weak counter to D'va, except when she ults.

She doesn't need to.  She can boost while using defense matrix, so you hit it, fly into his face, and then kill him at point-blank range.  He doesn't do as much damage as she does point blank.
Shoes...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2016, 04:02:30 pm »

i don't think i've ever had an issue with d.va as bastion. she's just a giant target to dump bullets into. but then again, i don't think i've had issues with d.va as any character. i think she really needed a buff.
Pretty much her whole deal is flying into a group of enemies (usually attacking an objective) and dumping a self-destruct in the middle of them...

From what I've seen, anyway. Some serious annoyance right there. ::)         
Although she also makes for a good distraction when other enemies back her up. I found the mech character to be pretty frustrating to deal with, but nowhere near as bad as a couple of other characters- mainly the teleporting one. Ugh.

Is the beta still going? I kinda got distracted playing other things.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2016, 04:39:15 pm »

D'va can't shoot while using her defense matrix (shooting is the same button as canceling).  Bastion is a weak counter to D'va, except when she ults.

She doesn't need to.  She can boost while using defense matrix, so you hit it, fly into his face, and then kill him at point-blank range.  He doesn't do as much damage as she does point blank.
I guarantee that if you think that you've been playing against Bastions who weren't reacting fast enough or were missing you.  Or your teammates were helping you out in some way.  Deployed Bastion has the highest damage gun in the game and its specialized for killing tanks.  D'va's weapon is also a tank killer but its one of the worst guns in the game.  For reference: think about how overpowered D'va would be if she had Reaper's guns.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2016, 10:21:03 pm »

I've been on both receiving and shooting end of the bastion gun, and the defensive matrix doesn't really help because bastion is very good at shredding D.va :/ I don't know if boostering into bastion unseiges him, which if it does would make D.va ok against bastion.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2016, 11:26:03 pm »

Chain hooking him with Roadhog does pull him out of turret mode.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2016, 11:28:10 pm »

Now I'm imagining a Bastion getting repeatedly pulled by an entire team of 6 Roadhogs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2016, 11:31:23 pm »

It's very useful to have a Roadhog chain a Bastion before you boost up and rain justice from above with Pharah. Also, funfact, Roadhog's chain is hitscan, which means you don't need to lead your target with it. I just found this out today.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2016, 11:48:05 pm »

If that's true I really don't like it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2016, 12:38:03 am »

Are you sure? I could swear it's a projectile...

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2016, 12:47:30 am »

I've read that it's hitscan but I'm really not feeling that sometimes.  I sometimes like to chain at corners where enemies may peek out, and I'd chain someone that I didn't even see who popped out of the corner after my chain was already out.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107