Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48570 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101
« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2015, 01:47:31 pm »

We have proof there are other Dynasty family members in play, and they likely all have the override command codes that Chell has. Chell's been out of the picture for a rather long time, so chances are some relatives won't be super happy that dear old Grandma Chell is back to run the show again. Chances are she's concerned about data being taken from us unwillingly if we get captured by a distant relative with the proper overrides.

Yes but this logic fails when you consider that chell has all overrides, she could just remove the curent overides and replace them. She could even alter our code to where it's unfamiliar to others with knowlage of us so that they can't hack us.

......not to mention after this long, how many still have the codes?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2015, 02:09:10 pm »

You scroll the DNA identification across the terminal. Chell looks it over, back to the man.

"I thought he looked familiar."

She stares at him for a few moments more.

"Well then. You have my son's bearing, that's for sure. I see something of his father in you as well. My expert system has confirmed your identity. You alone were spared, mostly due to my curiosity I'll admit. You have something, a relic yes? Show me."

He chews his pipe for a moment, eyeing her without responding. The pipe chewing is the first indication you have seen of nervousness. The psych profile Medical is building from observed evidence indicates that the man has an incredible force of will. In this situation most people would be reacting much more emotionally. Conditioning and a military life may account for some of that, but they merely build upon what was already there.

Finally, he removed the pipe and speaks. "Very well." He reaches into his coat and removes an amulet on a silver chain. It is a misshapen lump of metal. Based upon color and observed characteristics it is likely hullmetal, or some analog. He tugs it, breaking the clasp, and tosses it onto the table towards Chell. She picks it up and examines it.

Query CognOS:
1. What is a hyperwave?
2. Repeat query about FTL mechanics (why were enemy ships able to warp on top of Iagh, while we appear to be restricted to operating outside gravity wells?)
3. In what craft are the different AIs based? (Logistics, EWAR, and CC are on Hull101, right? Do we have any new AIs on Sicily?) It seems like they're being treated as if they are equally present in both crafts, is that the case?

(OOC: Was chell's voice being yellow in that one post significant?)

Immediate action: Prepare to immobilize the good captain -> ready some some TRANK DAAAARRRTTS

Secondary actions - let's make progress on our remaining objectives during the happy little family reunion:
1. Move Battlewagon Sicily into polar orbit, and prepare to drop Hull101 for recovery of research station. Assuming action2 is a success, recover station immediately.

2. Since loyalty is not required on an excessive scale, explain our agenda (Dynasty restoration) to Iagh and offer the fungal crop, medical and agricultural technology, and protection from FWA forces in exchange for rights to a percentage of global food output (2-5%) and research station recovery. They'd have to be pretty stupid to decline that, so let's run with that until we hear otherwise. Get EWAR on that now, since it's not currently doing anything, and Chell seems to have left it to our discretion.

2. As soon as Chell is unoccupied, ask if she will upload all non-secret information into our processor to reduce pestering. (Specifically, some maps of (ex) Dynasty territory would be nice so we can try to start prioritizing targets for tech recovery.)
Queries:

1. According to Sicily's database, Hyperwave is a method of communication which the Dynasty developed several decades after Hull 101 was retired.
2. Unknown. I imagine this is why we instructed CCC to take the opposing jump ship intact.
3. The question of 'where' is irrelevant. Hull 101 is interfaced with Sicily's network. Cognition resources run on all available processors. I have not yet had time to inventory all new systems but I have noticed several expert systems assisting us with small details.
(And no, chell's voice changing color was an error on my part)
Secondary actions:
1. Easily done. Sicily is now maneuvering.
2. Reasonable. We will run it by Chell before transmission.
3?. Noted and queued.

We have proof there are other Dynasty family members in play, and they likely all have the override command codes that Chell has. Chell's been out of the picture for a rather long time, so chances are some relatives won't be super happy that dear old Grandma Chell is back to run the show again. Chances are she's concerned about data being taken from us unwillingly if we get captured by a distant relative with the proper overrides.
Note that I said this man is descended from chell's son. It is not Rus, but one of his children. Many many generations have passed.

On the video feed, Chell is speaking again.

"This is a piece of debris from a ship. An heirloom?"

Their conversation is painfully slow to follow while you are on full cognition resources. You really don't understand why humans insist on using vocal communication.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:59 pm »

what do you guys think will happen? will she kill him? or....keep him prisoner?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 13, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »

Why would she kill him? Killing him is near enough the opposite of restoring the dynasty. And was our primary objective, and should still be considered as important.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 13, 2015, 05:24:45 pm »

he is not part of the dynasty. he just happens to be descended from its empress.

keep in mind he probably had friends on those ships. you think he will just JOIN with us?

ah well.....that's the problem with being a morally grey or even black empire that has had its only surviving members in stasis for millennium. not everyone will want to rebuild the empire.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 13, 2015, 05:48:46 pm »

I'd like to know what the hell she means 'can see the resemblance', and 'has her son's bearing'.

It's been around 13,000 years since she had her son. Do you think that if I lined up 100 neolithic hunters, you'd be able to spot the one that was your ultimate-great-grandfather by his bearing?v

Hopefully, she's just trying to unnerve him, but otherwise something wierd's going on.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 13, 2015, 05:51:36 pm »

He's in a ship more advanced than he'd ever encountered, with certain death if he refused. It depends on whether he's smart or principled more, and I'm guessing towards the smart. Regardless, we'll have to wait to see what the humans decide.

We are potentially a liability or a threat if we encounter someone else with codes while Chell is away, and there are multiple situations that could arise that lead to that outcome.

While we have time, let's at least make a swarm of satellites to monitor the surface and maybe shoot down any launches.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Crisco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 13, 2015, 08:49:28 pm »

ah well.....that's the problem with being a morally grey or even black empire that has had its only surviving members in stasis for millennium. not everyone will want to rebuild the empire.

( I'm thinking resistance to Dynasty reformation is more along the lines of what would happen if Caesar suddenly showed up and tried to restore the Roman Empire; everyone is more happy being their own boss, except us. So too bad for them :P. Also, morally grey/black seems a little harsh, given Chell gave a firm veto on the mass brainwashing plan. Maybe more pragmatic dictator?)

While we have time, let's at least make a swarm of satellites to monitor the surface and maybe shoot down any launches.
+1, also for planetary defense from FWA. We want to have our supply line protected if we leave system.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 13, 2015, 08:52:47 pm »

he is not part of the dynasty. he just happens to be descended from its empress.

keep in mind he probably had friends on those ships. you think he will just JOIN with us?

in regards to his psychological state and motivations these are valid points. However -

You begin an analysis and crosscheck known Dynasty profiles. Almost immediately the system flags the sample as Dynasty descended from Rus Loraseon, Chell's first son. Suddenly the man is identified as Dynasty family internally. You would not be able to fire upon him if you wanted to, unless Chell's life was in danger. Hum...

He is now officially the second member of the Dynasty as far as we are concerned (pending other relatives showing up, and/or hell's overrides and whatnot).

Prepare a modest guest facility for our guest. Continue with the "get the polar base" and "get the food resources" plans as outlined by Crisco, with the exception of changing the percentage take on global food production to scale with production. that is, ensure that we leave enough food for abundance on the planet, but take pretty much all produced above that.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2015, 10:48:13 am »

Getting the polar base is a good idea.....ask chell if she would mind us preparing a more comfortable holding cell for her decendant. Or if she wants us to do something else.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:45 pm »

>What's the status of Hull 101's armanent? If it isn't fully restocked and we can produce ammo for it's weapons, then let's do so.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2015, 02:26:56 pm »

Of course! Why did I not think of that, maybe we can even make some new weapons.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 15, 2015, 07:01:13 pm »

in regards to his psychological state and motivations these are valid points. However -

You begin an analysis and crosscheck known Dynasty profiles. Almost immediately the system flags the sample as Dynasty descended from Rus Loraseon, Chell's first son. Suddenly the man is identified as Dynasty family internally. You would not be able to fire upon him if you wanted to, unless Chell's life was in danger. Hum...

He is now officially the second member of the Dynasty as far as we are concerned (pending other relatives showing up, and/or hell's overrides and whatnot).

Prepare a modest guest facility for our guest. Continue with the "get the polar base" and "get the food resources" plans as outlined by Crisco, with the exception of changing the percentage take on global food production to scale with production. that is, ensure that we leave enough food for abundance on the planet, but take pretty much all produced above that.

Morale Officer Program Booting up. I have to say it's in our best interest to kill off the lying meat sack and then wipe the slate clean. I think everyone be happier then...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:15:51 pm by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 15, 2015, 10:15:51 pm »

You would not be able to fire upon him if you wanted to, unless Chell's life was in danger. Hum...

Morale Officer Program Booting up. I have to say it's in our best interest to kill off the lying meat sack and then wipe the slate clean. I think everyone be happier then...
veto.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2015, 07:21:54 pm »

You would not be able to fire upon him if you wanted to, unless Chell's life was in danger. Hum...

veto.

Most likely this man is either a fake or out to fuck over the user. I suggest to move in a way that would keep morale up by killing him before he can fuck us.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44